Taco, Trystena, Clear Eye View, and LEV

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should be the core of this defense. The fact that they're not and LVE's future is in doubt is troubling and a big reason why this defense feels so bare right now. How McClay continues to get a pass for this is perplexing.
Let me pop the top on another Corona and ponder this.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Huh? Every player listed in OP was drafted within the last 4 years.

Taco was a debacle but every team has one of those, even New England. LVE is already healthy again and even with Jaylon's down season you can't complain about the player we got a #2. Hill was always a project and he has been here one year, we don't know anything about him - good or bad.

RS12

Reaction score
They should be the core of this defense. The fact that they're not and LVE's future is in doubt is troubling and a big reason why this defense feels so bare right now. How McClay continues to get a pass for this is perplexing.
The apologists will blame it on the keen eye for talent of Marinelli.

blueblood70

Reaction score
:facepalm::popcorn:RELAX

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hill has one year in. Let's give the kid a chance before writing him off as a bust!

With the talk of Marinelli as a guy who fall in love quickly but dump guys quickly too, it's reasonable to think that Hill got on Marinelli's wrong side and Marinelli didn't do his development any favors.

We drafted him for his physical traits. Those haven't disappeared. He's probably beefed up some too. The new coaches have something to work with. Let's see what they can do.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not sure Taco is a bust, but the guy coaching him gave up on him. We should have never let him go last season! Still on a rookie deal.....
This again had to be Marinelli.

This guy just lost it the last year he was with us.

He just about sabotaged Hill..his personal pet project.

And Garrett was supporting him doing it.

Very destructive for us letting it happen unchecked.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not sure Taco is a bust, but the guy coaching him gave up on him. We should have never let him go last season! Still on a rookie deal.....

Taco could really help here. He was good in Miami. Another gift from Rod.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Taco was a healthy scratch in Miami several times and isn't a lock to make their roster.
Taco finished the season with just as many sacks as DLaw did. That would have helped us had Marineli not given up on him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
With the talk of Marinelli as a guy who fall in love quickly but dump guys quickly too, it's reasonable to think that Hill got on Marinelli's wrong side and Marinelli didn't do his development any favors.

We drafted him for his physical traits. Those haven't disappeared. He's probably beefed up some too. The new coaches have something to work with. Let's see what they can do.

Hill will put on muscle, train, and get lost in rotation; or become a second year wonder.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

We can't be any worse than what Marinelli/Richards showed.

RS12

Reaction score
I doubt Hill is on the roster in the fall. Beat writers reported that he wasn't overly bright or motivated. I also doubt McCarthy feels he owes him benefit of the doubt.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Not sure I completely agree with this post. BUT... if we have another dreadful draft like last year.. well, I promise everyone on this site will agree with the OP

side note: I’m still hoping Hill gets stronger and makes an impact; also hope McGovern is as advertised; maybe McCarthy can do something w/Joe Jackson and Donovan Wilson. And I personally think Jalen Jelks will surprise folks this year.

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
We always find ONE guy to blame. Or ONE guy to give praise to. It's a TEAM effort and most of those Dlineman picks was due to Rod

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Taco could really help here. He was good in Miami. Another gift from Rod.

I remember the Monte Kiffin era, and everyone was begging Jerry to replace him with Rod. And when it happened people were celebrating even more than when Garrett was canned... if you can believe that. He was THE guy. And now everyone is so sure things will improve with the next guy. You SURE sure?