Twitter: Taco tweet about pash rush

morasp

Reaction score
And this year if they don't bring someone in through FA or the draft you'll be competing with Armstrong for that spot, good luck.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He better or the Cowboys' pass rush is going to be hurting, with Irving and Gregory both gone, at least for now...

It's going to be hurting even if he does somehow show up. Especially if dlaw pulls a bell on dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When you watch Taco, there really is no comparison in explosion and agility like Gregory.

Taco is what he is and I know everyone likes to make the Lawrence comparison with him, but Lawrence showed way more than Taco has by this point in their careers. Lawrence was trending up, Taco flatlined or went down, especially when he got de-activated because he was so bland.

If we can get a decent backup out of him at this point, I'd call that a win and let him walk after his contract expires. the bigger issue is that we don't have a starting DE to pair with Lawrence. And for that reason, I hope I am way wrong on Taco and he really is about to explode.

I've never seen the guy go out and play bad football.

He just hasn't been an impact player.

Part of it may be him, youth, and opportunity. Time will tell. It's just too early to properly declare anything with this guy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you watch Taco, there really is no comparison in explosion and agility like Gregory.

Taco is what he is and I know everyone likes to make the Lawrence comparison with him, but Lawrence showed way more than Taco has by this point in their careers. Lawrence was trending up, Taco flatlined or went down, especially when he got de-activated because he was so bland.

If we can get a decent backup out of him at this point, I'd call that a win and let him walk after his contract expires. the bigger issue is that we don't have a starting DE to pair with Lawrence. And for that reason, I hope I am way wrong on Taco and he really is about to explode.

Taco only increases the pain of losing Irving and Gregory. His failing makes it that much worse. If they had TJ Watt right now, they'd still have a capable pass rusher opposite Lawrence, and Gregory's suspension wouldn't be the killer it is at this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His fault the pick wasn't Watt. Time for the old man to go. The game passes everyone by eventually, he should ask his boss Monte Kiffin about that.

They would pass on Watt again. Maybe not for Taco but for someone else.

That's the thing. They didn't want the headache of playing a linebacker at defensive end.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But you can't just look at Taco's production.

His original post is correct when he talks about the situations he was put on the field.

Because he's not good enough.

Randy Gregory is just better then him. I don't know what else to say. So of course he won't have those opportunities and his sack total will be low.

If Taco was any good, they wouldn't have been lining up that stiff Crawford at RDE either to not get sacks. Both Gregory and even Crawford were playing ahead of Charlton. And I think even Armstrong was active on gamedays ahead of him.

The fact is that the guy did little with the snaps he was given, and then pouted about it and got benched.

And that petulant child is showing up again on twitter here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They would pass on Watt again. Maybe not for Taco but for someone else.

That's the thing. They didn't want the headache of playing a linebacker at defensive end.

And yet lined up Gregory there. And Benson Mayowa before him, and Demarcus Ware before that? That's selective reasoning right there...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's going to be hurting even if he does somehow show up. Especially if dlaw pulls a bell on dallas.

I'm just considering that since he didn't play at all his first year, by sheer time alone, he could be better. In other words if he doesn't show up for sure the pass rush will be hurting, if he does show up it probably won't be great, but at least decent.

Just trying to stay positive..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Too early to call it a bad pick.

We weren't doing cartwheels over Tank Lawrence until about year 4 or 5.

He had his years of being a jag too.

Excellent point......in fact DLaw didn't do a damn thing until his CONTRACT (fourth) year. He only had ONE sack his third year. Remember it's why every poster/fan was screaming the franchise tag rather than a long-term deal after his contract expired

RamziD

Reaction score
What’s been the success rate so far of mediocre players complaining on Twitter actually improving? About 0%?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And yet lined up Gregory there. And Benson Mayowa before him, and Demarcus Ware before that? That's selective reasoning right there...

Actually Ware was a DE in college who played at linebacker for the Cowboys for most of his career. Watt was listed at OLB in college...

Just sayin'...

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
You absolutely know Lawrence’s agent is eating up this Taco posting. All it is doing is making it even easier to sell how badly he is needed on the roster.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So, is ANYONE surprised by this tweet? Seriously this dude is another muffin head along the lines of Gregory and Irving and a few more to boot.... a wasted draft pick if you ask me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent point......in fact DLaw didn't do a damn thing until his CONTRACT (fourth) year. He only had ONE sack his third year. Remember it's why every poster/fan was screaming the franchise tag rather than a long-term deal after his contract expired

Keep in mind that Lawrence was also dealing with a back issue that year. One that his initial surgery failed to correct, requiring a second surgery following that third year. Once the second surgery corrected the issue, his productivity exploded.

Scotman

Reaction score
Shante Carver finished his career with 11.5 sacks after playing in 52 games. Taco Charlton has 4 sacks in 27 games. He's on pace to be about 2/3 of what Shante Carver was. No one is more Pollyanna about this team than I am. I'm the biggest homer on this site. BUT...he looks like he doesn't have the mindset necessary to succeed in the NFL...and it will always be someone else's fault. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and he turns it on this year.

I think this guy needs to realize that, if he fails in the NFL, it won't be because of what someone else did or didn't do. It sure enough won't be because of those he directed his Twitter twitt at.

Time is running out.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
I hope Taco turns into a baller but truth is thus far he's been a *****. Not only just the moaning n groaning about not getting enough PT but also just his general twitter activity. The guy responds to hecklers and honestly sounds like a child still, super defensive and not much humility. Hopefully he's just young and dumb and will get over that nonsense soon enough bc i cant see him being a top player until that hppens.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Thanks for proving my point about players being able to play effectively in either scheme.
:thumbup:
I'll correct you here stash ole boy, what you should of said was top elite players SHOULD be able to play multiple ways...in Taco's case, I'm betting he is a 1 way or no way or he would have been set in the nickel packages...:bow:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Actually, those are the things that concern us. The coaches didn't think Taco as a first-round pick was good enough to be out there rushing the passer. If he had shown the ability to do it, they would have found a way to get him in there in the nickel at least some of the time.

I hope he's ready to step it up, but we haven't been given reason to expect it.