Taco vs Bobby Carpenter

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lk8701, Sep 14, 2019.

1. lk8701

lk8701 Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    2,368 Likes Received
    Who is the bigger embarrassment? Obviously the Cowboys have had plenty of other busts but these two are easily the most embarrassing IMO.

Bullflop and Zordon like this.
  2. JBS

JBS GloryDaysRBack

13,839 Messages
    7,590 Likes Received
    What makes them more embarrassing?

NorthTexan95 likes this.
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

15,590 Messages
    10,370 Likes Received
    I think even bobby showed more than taco has.

4. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Well-Known Member

1,881 Messages
    2,592 Likes Received
    Barbie vs soft taco

morat1959 likes this.
  5. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

7,052 Messages
    7,473 Likes Received
    Please pull up the secret audio of Rod and Taco and the normal fist pumping talk that goes on with all these guys.

6. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

848 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    Everyone drafts a dud in the 1st round now and then. In general I'd say we should be happy the Cowboys have drafted so well lately. One of the reasons Taco sticks out though is because IMO our DL outside of Lawrence just isn't noteworthy. If we had just one of Cox, Donald, etc. we'd be the obvious SB favorites IMO. Heck if Irving and Gregory could have stayed clean we might have won last year (had a bye and maybe drew Philly instead of Rams 2nd week).

Furboy and brymatt94 like this.
  7. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,267 Messages
    3,826 Likes Received
    Bobby actually showed enough for the coaches to allow him to play. That counts for something.

8. johneric8

johneric8 Well-Known Member

832 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    I agree with what Eanwen said, it's inevitable, all teams will draft players that don't pan out. Having said that, we know Bobby Carpenter was a bust, that s a historical fact! Taco on the other hand is only a third year player whom could still turn out to be amazing.. That is fact... What were some of all saying about Dlaw year 3?

9. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

8,698 Messages
    12,463 Likes Received
    Sad part is with the D Line is we have really whiffed. I mean we hit on one guy and the rest are suspension filled jag fest.

10. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

13,041 Messages
    18,782 Likes Received
    Carpenter was supposed to be a tough-nosed LB coming out of Ohio State; turns out he was just a hot blonde.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  11. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

2,347 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    What was the backstory of the players not liking Bobby?

12. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

3,560 Messages
    4,129 Likes Received
    There have been other guys, but when you're a first on a contender it gets magnified.

Kelvin Pritchett.
    Shante Carver.
    David Lafleur.
    Ebenezer Ekuban.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  13. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

1,364 Messages
    2,787 Likes Received
    He might work as a left end but that's where Lawrence is. I'm hoping they can market him to other teams as an up-and-comer (based on preseason) LE that is redundant on our roster.

14. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

5,443 Messages
    9,422 Likes Received
    Carpenter was a "bust", but at least he tried had a role in the nickel defense- not to mention an actual career. If he was a fourth or fifth round pick he'd probably be considered a good pick.

Charlton has attitude issues and it appears the Cowboys can't even move him for a late pick. He's the lone first round miss here over the past decade (Mo Claiborne was a good pick that couldn't stay healthy).

John813 likes this.
  15. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

8,639 Messages
    3,526 Likes Received
    Yeah, it looks like a miss on Taco. It is not like he is a major miss, just that there are better players on the team right now. Taco has the talent to play in the NFL. He has a bad attitude and he is in the wrong system. No big deal in my opinion.

Looks like we got better players in Armstrong and Joe Jackson and even Wise.

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

13,460 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    I'd imagine watching a LB avoid physical contact is maddening for teammates....

JBond likes this.
  17. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

60,319 Messages
    63,071 Likes Received
    Social media was not around in the 1970s and 1980s, even most of the 1990s. Typically most people found out who got drafted via the papers and had no clue what they were about until they actually watched them.

I can only imagine how Gil Brandt's 1st round busts like Bill Thomas, Charley Young, Aaron Kyle, Larry Bethea, Robert Shaw, Howard Richards and Rod Hill would have looked at through today's lens.

I am not making any excuses for McClay and Co. They should own these busts. Just providing a little perspective. Perhaps if fans were in the dark like they used to be it might be a little less painful to watch the mistakes fizzle.

18. Manster_Mash

Manster_Mash Well-Known Member

450 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    Tough one. They both suck. One had embarrassing hair, the other has an embarrassing sack celebration. Since he also is responsible for the dumbest group nickname in the history of sports, I'm going with taco.

19. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

5,443 Messages
    9,422 Likes Received
    It's not that they didn't like him personally, but he was considered by some as a "soft" player. In fact some teammates nicknamed him "Barbie"; since he also had long blonde hair.

20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

60,319 Messages
    63,071 Likes Received
    How is he is the wrong system?

What system would fit him better? One like Michigan which had good talent and he could benefit from it like a remora?

To me, it is all about his attitude and his apparent lack of football character.

MichaelWinicki and jnday like this.