Taco vs Bobby Carpenter

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Taco played well enough in preseason to be active last week.

True, although, those highlights of his career were really about his only claim to fame!

If he somehow manages to get to another team and shines, I'd be a bit dumbfounded.

Wood

Reaction score
Who is the bigger embarrassment? Obviously the Cowboys have had plenty of other busts but these two are easily the most embarrassing IMO.

I would say Taco is worse but I genuinely fell Bobby felt bad about being a bust. Taco from what I heard ran so fast out of building after the game team meeting that if he exhibited that burst during game he would be all pro.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter by a long shot. Taco at least has the cool nickname and showed some flashes this preseason. Carpenter stunk from day one and never showed anything worth getting excited over.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Tough call, Bobby got more opportunities but I think Taco has a better chance of being a role player.

Anyone remember Brandon Graham on the eagles taking a few seasons before he became productive?

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Both bad players. Both missed draft picks. At the time I think Carpenter made a touch more sense but the Cowboys wiffed on both.

Embarrassing? Not really. Look around the league and see how many first rounders are being traded, cut or phased out over the years.

To expect the Cowboys to hit on 100% of their 1st rounders is absurd, no matter how much a lot of us, me included, were not sold on Taco.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Who is the bigger embarrassment? Obviously the Cowboys have had plenty of other busts but these two are easily the most embarrassing IMO.
Why pick out the busts? Why not pick out the ones we hit on, including the ones after the 1st round. Gotta love people who love the negative crap!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter was not first round caliber, but I would not say he was a total bust as a player.

He had an 8 year career and played in 93 games.....…I would not say that is a bust career, he just never played up to the level of a 1st rounder.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Taco has been a huge disappointment, but he really did not deserve to be inactive last week. He was productive in the PS, and should've been given the chance to show if it would've carried over into an actual game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Taco has been a huge disappointment, but he really did not deserve to be inactive last week. He was productive in the PS, and should've been given the chance to show if it would've carried over into an actual game.
Not to mention him showing his improved skills could help the team and his trade stock.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yuck. That's like asking if it hurts worse to get repeatedly kicked in the testicles with pointed boots or steel toed.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Still think Claiborne was about the worst. Not all first rounders are alike -- there's a huge difference between a guy picked in the mid 20s and a guy picked #6 overall. Especially when he costs you another second to move up and get him.

John813

Reaction score
If the cowboys ran a 4-3 they could of masked Carpenters struggles on taking on blockers.

He did ok with the lions who ran the 4-3.