Tacos!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't a taco in years, and it's been decades since I've had a hard shell taco. I've been thinking about making some lately...but I must confess: I'm a simple taco eater. Just one of those taco kits you buy at the supermarket is fine with me.
Come in from the cold, my friend and enjoy a street taco from a real taco food truck. You can thank me later

:muttley:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I invented a dish awhile back combining the frito pie and Taco Bell crunch wrap. It’s basically a Mexican frito pie served in homemade flour tortillas.

Brown a pound of ground beef and mix it a basic taco seasoning(add extra cumin) packet. When done, drain the fat and add in a can of enchilada sauce and any taco sauce you want. Layer fritos in a casserole dish about 2 inches thick. Pour the beef mixture over then a can of Campbells cheddar cheese soup. Give it a good mix then layer with Mexican shredded cheese. Bake at 375 until golden brown then serve in a fresh tortilla, it’s amazing. You can even use chili cheese fritos but leave out the extra cumin.

It’s a hit now, many family members make it a couple times a month. Some add in sour cream and refried beans but I don’t stand for that! :muttley:
I'm going to write this down, try it here in the next few weeks. Maybe substitute Rico's cheese for Campbell's though. Thanks

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Love Frito Pie! And I know RT probably wasn't referring to fast food joints LOL, but speaking of Taco Bell, those crispy/flour combo tacos are great! Just something oddly satisfying about having both textures in your mouth at the same time.

Yes, I miss Texas and the delicious Tex-Mex food and having hole-in-wall or road side taco stands at every corner. Especially as you move more South.
Any and all Taco Talk is welcome. Taco Bell isn't bad, fast food tacos and they'll do in a pinch and those Gordita Crunches aren't half bad. They used to do .49 cent Crispy Taco Sundays back in the day, I wasn't above grabbing a bag full every now and again......lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Breakfast Tacos

1bd91be8e87f3db70ea3df5361b0deba.jpg

eebf859f712b74179424226aaec732de.jpg

4d47d23179323b08eac6923855fb50e6.jpg

83bee51e8904d11f32b198604dbf70f7.jpg

ec39709a1e64e00d1d01eacf505bc0f4.jpg

0accc6f7295621a4195f3281808c4783.jpg

a9b9fd875771985e6df87ab2c67b7cbc.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Any and all Taco Talk is welcome. Taco Bell isn't bad, fast food tacos and they'll do in a pinch and those Gordita Crunches aren't half bad. They used to do .49 cent Crispy Taco Sundays back in the day, I wasn't above grabbing a bag full every now and again......lol
If i want fast food Tacos its Taco Casa for me. Taco Bell is nasty and has been horrible for quite a while, back in the 70s/80s they actually used to be very good.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
radishes in tacos, in the picture, it looks like they are with shredded chicken

Has anyone had those?
I've had them before, they add a nice little crunch. I wouldn't go overboard with them, but have a nice texture for shredded chicken or seafood tacos

quickccc

Reaction score
BTW, .. when is it National Taco Day ..??

Sales and discounts on tacos at locations that sell tacos on a particular date nationwide.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If i want fast food Tacos its Taco Casa for me. Taco Bell is nasty and has been horrible for quite a while, back in the 70s/80s they actually used to be very good.
Yeah, Taco Bell never high on my list and for fast food tacos I would usually go to Taco Cabana. The last time I was at Taco Bell was during Lockdown, all the locals, Mom & Pops, Taco Trucks all shut down, desperate times man...... and they were there when we needed them most. lol