Tacos!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Just slightly off topic but since Fritos were mentioned in a recipe earlier, can't believe how chips have gotten expensive the last couple years. 5 to 6 bucks for a big bag of Fritos, get out of here. Frito-Lay is crazy

quickccc

Reaction score
Just slightly off topic but since Fritos were mentioned in a recipe earlier, can't believe how chips have gotten expensive the last couple years. 5 to 6 bucks for a big bag of Fritos, get out of here. Frito-Lay is crazy
Today's food price hikes makes it tougher to enjoy what we really want to buy and eat.
Restaurant, Dine Ins, Fast Food and the ingredients to get at the grocery stores.

Some wait until there's a discount sale going on.
" Grab it while it lasts "

BTW, when it comes to Taco ingredients, like lettuce, tomatoes,etc. ...or ANY produce at all, i don't like or trust
any grocery store other than Kroger's. Just a much better quality taste than the other stores.

Sammy

Reaction score
Watch the sales. Fred Meyer (Kroger) almost always has buy 3 or 4 for $2.29 each. I refuse to pay more than $3 for a regular size bag of chips.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yeah kinda crazy what they want for a bag of chips. Fortunately, our local store brand's(HEB) chips are pretty much the same in taste to the Lays brand for substantially less.

quickccc

Reaction score
Watch the sales. Fred Meyer (Kroger) almost always has buy 3 or 4 for $2.29 each. I refuse to pay more than $3 for a regular size bag of chips.
Yep .. the scam is on.

And the fine descriptive details are " so small and tiny in writing" that customers will see the $2.29 each only ,
instead of the " have to buy 4 bags to get it for $2.29" ... and they go bonkers at the check out line,
gripe to the cashiers and the Lays chips are headed back to customer service dept. line for refunds.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep .. the scam is on.

And the fine descriptive details are " so small and tiny in writing" that customers will see the $2.29 each only ,
instead of the " have to buy 4 bags to get it for $2.29" ... and they go bonkers at the check out line,
gripe to the cashiers and the Lays chips are headed back to customer service dept. line for refunds.
The store where I buy the bulk of my groceries, "Big Y", when they have a 2fer, 3fer, 4fer, or whatefer :grin:will adjust the prorate the price if you get fewer than specified, though I'm not sure if that's only when there aren't enough left. But I don't think that's the case, and I know the price counts even if you get four (or whatever) different flavors of the same item.

Sammy

Reaction score
Yep .. the scam is on.

At the stores here there is always a tag under each item that can be used for the deal with the price for each if you only buy one, and how many you have to buy to get the lowest price.

Hardline

Reaction score
I like the street tacos that come from those taco trucks with beef and lots of cilantro and onions. With a squeeze of lime and green salsa.Luckily I live in Ft.Worth and have taco stands and taco trucks everywhere. And I can always get fresh authentic tamales wrapped in corn husks.

xtra_feature6.jpg

Birria Tacos are so very good also

Photo-Jul-30-11-27-07-AM.jpg

Last edited:

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
In the spirit of Christmas, in 1990 Kevin McCallister while Home Alone picked up a 1/2 gallon of milk, 1/2 gallon of OJ, a TV dinner, a loaf of Wonder bread, frozen mac-n-cheese, laundry detergent, saran wrap, a bag of toy soldiers, Snuggle dryer sheets, and TP with a $1 off coupon ringing up at $19.83. In 2022 Kevin's same list would cost $44.40. In the year of 2023 that same list has jumped to $72.28 with the $1 off coupon.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I like the street tacos that come from those taco trucks with beef and lots of cilantro and onions. With a squeeze of lime and green salsa.Luckily I live in Ft.Worth and have taco stands and taco trucks everywhere. And I can always get fresh authentic tamales wrapped in corn husks.

xtra_feature6.jpg

Birria Tacos are so very good also

Photo-Jul-30-11-27-07-AM.jpg
I like birria tacos, kinda like the taco version of a French dip sandwich. :thumbup:

catiii

Reaction score
For central Tx folk, great taco truck in Luling and in Johnson City. That last one does breakfast tacos too south of the laundromat east side of road. In Arlington near the stajum on Division there's a great tortilla factory with awesome salsas cheeses and of course tortillas. Dallas tortilla factory has awesome tamales and salsas but it's been years. My fav fried chicken Henderson's Chicken Shack at Hall and Thomas and the one at Oakland and Hatcher (MLK) are both gone now too. I do tacos homemade twice monthly with homemade flour tortillas from HEB's deli tortillaria.
If you go for fast food, best is taco casa. Would never go to taco *ell. Taco trucks in the city I wouldn't trust. Small towns are the best. The soft tacos at Buc-ees are supposed to be good.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
For central Tx folk, great taco truck in Luling and in Johnson City. That last one does breakfast tacos too south of the laundromat east side of road. In Arlington near the stajum on Division there's a great tortilla factory with awesome salsas cheeses and of course tortillas. Dallas tortilla factory has awesome tamales and salsas but it's been years. My fav fried chicken Henderson's Chicken Shack at Hall and Thomas and the one at Oakland and Hatcher (MLK) are both gone now too. I do tacos homemade twice monthly with homemade flour tortillas from HEB's deli tortillaria.
If you go for fast food, best is taco casa. Would never go to taco *ell. Taco trucks in the city I wouldn't trust. Small towns are the best. The soft tacos at Buc-ees are supposed to be good.
When I lived in Austin, I lived in South Austin which is a pretty cool part of town. I lived right at the end of what was called "The Mexican Mile" because of the row of great Mexican Restaurants that were right there. They were all pretty good and each had their own different style. I'd go to one place for one thing, a different place for something else, just depending on the mood. All my neighbors were pretty cool and tip each other off about what to get at each place and they were usually spot on.