Tagliabue Ruling Today Could Mean The End Of Sean Payton In New Orleans

Reaction score
He wants to come to Dallas to make me excited as all hell, because I won't have to see Ginger's face on the sideline anymore, wasting away the talent of Tony Romo...

Doomsay

Reaction score
burmafrd;4893220 said:
Very interesting ruling. Basically saying the players were only following orders.

I thought that defense died at Nuremburg.

Nicely done.

Doomsay

Reaction score
burmafrd;4893231 said:
Rumor has it he is getting a divorce; money might become a little more important.

And, visitation will be easier if he's in Dallas.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Joe Rod;4893138 said:
Hey, maybe it is just me, but if my kids live in Dallas and I have the opportunity to be close to my them year round while receiving a pay raise from my old contract to coach a QB that I like so much that I tried to trade for him, I would at least hear the sales pitch.

I think that his kids living in D is the variable that no one really has been considering which could be huge since he in a recent divorce.
There is a lot of emotion and guilt that comes with divorce and kids and I would guess that his "broken" family has got to be weighing on him along with the NO coaching saga more than anything. Obviously family is most important to 99% of us and I'm just guessing how important it is for Peyton
If it wasn't for his kids living in D, I would definitely think SP was going back to NO.
He can also use it (kids) as an excuse to leave NO without being crucified by the town of NO. He also brought them a SB and that is more than anyone has brought them to this point.
On the other hand, working with the Jones Bro's would be like working with the 3 stooges so good luck with that.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Joe Rod;4893138 said:
Hey, maybe it is just me, but if my kids live in Dallas and I have the opportunity to be close to my them year round while receiving a pay raise from my old contract to coach a QB that I like so much that I tried to trade for him, I would at least hear the sales pitch.

Visitation looks like it's going to be a challenge, especially if he's based in another state.

Beth Payton, however, filed a counter-petition for divorce on June 26 which requested that she be appointed the custodian "who has the exclusive right to designate the primary residence of the children in Tarrant County, Texas." The petition asks that the court schedule Sean Payton's access to their children "as necessary to protect the health and well-being of the children."

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=736673

notherbob

Reaction score
CATCH17;4893241 said:
Even if we match the Saints I believe he gets 1/2 a mill more just by staying here because of the income tax.

I also heard he doesn't want any part of Bensons daughter being the owner whenever he's gone.

If he signs back i'd bet it's for a very short period.

True - as I recall, the NFL objected to the passage in his contract that it becomes anulled if the gm who was in place when it was signed, leaves before the end of the contract. That implies to me that his relationship with Benson is tenuous as opposed to strong and he might be open to a nice offer from Jerry. JMO

Kimball19

Reaction score
burmafrd;4893231 said:
Rumor has it he is getting a divorce; money might become a little more important.

Rumor also has it that the pending divorce is the reason he hasn't signed a new contract yet. His assets are going to increase substantially...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Kimball19;4893666 said:
Rumor also has it that the pending divorce is the reason he hasn't signed a new contract yet. His assets are going to increase substantially...

That's an uninformed rumor. If they are getting divorced, his contract next year is irrelevant. She has no claim on that as they are getting divorced. It is not going to be considered community property.

All that would affect, if anything, would be support coming from him. It is reasonable to project that he's going to be making a ton of money in the future, so whether there is a contract in place or not likely has no impact.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Kimball19;4893666 said:

This is what I was thinking. As long as he's not divorced, he won't be signing anything new--and rightfully so. She'll want half.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4893729 said:
That's an uninformed rumor. If they are getting divorced, his contract next year is irrelevant. She has no claim on that as they are getting divorced. It is not going to be considered community property.

All that would affect, if anything, would be support coming from him. It is reasonable to project that he's going to be making a ton of money in the future, so whether there is a contract in place or not likely has no impact.

Texas is a 50/50 state. As long as they are technically married, she can include half of their assets in the settlement.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4893793 said:
Texas is a 50/50 state. As long as they are technically married, she can include half of their assets in the settlement.

You should check that. Once you file you generally don't have a claim on future earning

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
AbeBeta;4893795 said:
You should check that. Once you file you generally don't have a claim on future earning

Ah... all I really knew was that everything I earned during my marriage, my ex-wife got half... sure, you can mince it this way or that way. But it all came down to how do we get to 50/50, etc.

I'm not a lawyer, and I hate family law, so I won't dispute what you're saying.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4893802 said:
Ah... all I really knew was that everything I earned during my marriage, my ex-wife got half... sure, you can mince it this way or that way. But it all came down to how do we get to 50/50, etc.

I'm not a lawyer, and I hate family law, so I won't dispute what you're saying.

I believe once you separate you can't claim half. That would favor strongly approaches that delay settlement

yimyammer

Reaction score
CATCH17;4893087 said:
Because we're the Cowboys. It's really that simple.

Why would Bill Parcells come out of retirement to coach a 5-11 team?

money, iirc, he needed some post divorce

yimyammer

Reaction score
Boys122;4893102 said:
Put yourself in Sean Payton's shoes for a minute, he can return to New Orleans with all this bounty gate stuff and the media hounding him all the time or he can go and coach America's Team. Yeah, I'd choose that option too. :D

yeah, he'll never get hounded by the media in Dallas, perfect oasis

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
CATCH17;4893205 said:
Some of our fans are dismissing that because they like Garrett.

As opposed to dismissing anything favorable because they hate him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
AbeBeta;4893806 said:
I believe once you separate you can't claim half. That would favor strongly approaches that delay settlement

have they separated?