Take aways, or stopping the run?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
OK, but you must first have the personnel.

Think about it, we have S's playing LB who have great attitudes and put in great effort. They cannot stop the run simply because they are too small for the position.

I completely disagree that the players don't care about it. They're just not capable.
I will agree that our LBs were sub par but if you watched that Green Bayt game and think to yourself that those players cared you are dreaming.

kskboys

Reaction score
I will agree that our LBs were sub par but if you watched that Green Bayt game and think to yourself that those players cared you are dreaming.
I'd say the exact opposite, if you watched that game and didn't see the extreme effort we were putting forth, you are dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got run over by superior talent. It had absolutely nothing to do w/ attitude and effort.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I'd say the exact opposite, if you watched that game and didn't see the extreme effort we were putting forth, you are dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got run over by superior talent. It had absolutely nothing to do w/ attitude and effort.
And I can remember Jerry saying back in November that he thought the team was right where they wanted to be, so he once again did absolutely nothing during free agency week.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Will that focus be so heavy this off season/season on stopping the run, that we focus less on creating turnovers? We've been great at getting turnovers the last several years, but stopping the run takes precedent! Please give your thoughts
Both. They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Turnovers are random occurrences. If you control the line of scrimmage, 9/10 times you win the game.