Take this for what it's worth...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
But I'm hearing that Dallas is seriously pursuing trade up options in the draft tomorrow. They've contacted at least three teams between 6 and 12 about moving up, and at this point it would be a mild surprise if they didn't. The only thing that stops it is if the asking price is too high, but there is a specific player (I don't know who, but there is ONE) that Garrett wants bad. In addition, look for a TE to be selected in the first three rounds. Garrett really wants to move to more two receiving TE sets after the success NE had with them a year ago. If one of their guys falls to them in round two or three, TE is a top priority.

Also, and I only heard this because he is a pet of mine and I asked, but don't look for Dallas to draft Jared Crick unles he falls REALLY far. He apparently has a relatively serious but unnamed health issue identified by multiple teams during individual workouts.

Again, just passing this along.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Good inside info, Slant. WHO the guy is that the 'trade up' talk is all about is now the big question. Cox, I wonder? :confused:

And the intrigue builds ...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Are you trolling us?

I ask because all this info has been posted in the forum already in the last few hours.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525701 said:
But I'm hearing that Dallas is seriously pursuing trade up options in the draft tomorrow. They've contacted at least three teams between 6 and 12 about moving up, and at this point it would be a mild surprise if they didn't. The only thing that stops it is if the asking price is too high, but there is a specific player (I don't know who, but there is ONE) that Garrett wants bad. In addition, look for a TE to be selected in the first three rounds. Garrett really wants to move to more two receiving TE sets after the success NE had with them a year ago. If one of their guys falls to them in round two or three, TE is a top priority.

Also, and I only heard this because he is a pet of mine and I asked, but don't look for Dallas to draft Jared Crick unles he falls REALLY far. He apparently has a relatively serious but unnamed health issue identified by multiple teams during individual workouts.

Again, just passing this along.

Jacksonville & Miami are two of the teams (If Ed is right KC is the other)

Cox is the ONE although I think if Barron gets past 10 he will become the OTHER

Posted the issue with Crick a few minutes ago. Now being told, not by the same person it's been said he may have a degenerative muscle condition.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
wittenacious;4525712 said:
Good inside info, Slant. WHO the guy is the 'trade up' talk is all about is big question. Cox, I wonder? And the intrigue builds.

reportedly claiborne if he makes it to 6 from one of the other threads on here.

SDogo

Reaction score
jterrell;4525716 said:

Missed that one, makes sense.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the only rumor about trading up was for Claibourne, i doubt we are looking to move up that far, but if there is really any truth to the rumor, it has to be a small trade up to for either Barron or Cox.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;4525713 said:
Are you trolling us?

I ask because all this info has been posted in the forum already in the last few hours.

Not trolling, I got the info while out at a movie tonight and this was the first thing I did when I opened the "draft" board tonight.

wittenacious

Reaction score
SDogo;4525714 said:

Thanks for this, SDogo. If you're hearing Cox and/or Barron are options the Cowboys are seriously considering trading up for, this is exciting stuff ... to me, anyway.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
jterrell;4525716 said:

Trade up for Claiborne makes sense. For Barron, who I like, not so much.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;4525714 said:

Posted the issue with Crick a few minutes ago. Now being told, not by the same person it's been said he may have a degenerative muscle condition.

That would make sense, because whatever his issue is it is certainly more than just his pectoral hasnt healed. It came across as something very serious and chronic.

I believe it to be Cox as well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jterrell;4525716 said:
That would be very intriguing. I'd be for it.

SDogo

Reaction score
wittenacious;4525724 said:
Thanks for this, SDogo. If you're hearing Cox and/or Barron are options the Cowboys are seriously considering trading up for, this is exciting stuff ... to me, anyway.

Cox is in another atmosphere as far as the Cowboys are concerned from what I'm told, if he gets past St. Louis (which Ironically may be where Dallas needs to go to get him and my gut tells me the Cowboys have explored this) then I expect things to heat up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ah so my trade up feelings have a little more validity.

The Cowboys must want Barron bad.

Also it looks like David Decastro is an after thought.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
wittenacious;4525712 said:
Good inside info, Slant. WHO the guy is that the 'trade up' talk is all about is now the big question. Cox, I wonder? :confused:

And the intrigue builds ...

If I had to guess, the ONE guy is either Cox or Claiborne. Perhaps if Claiborne falls to 6 we make a big move and take him, but my best guess is Cox in the 8-10 range.

JBS

Reaction score
at this point i fully expect us to trade up

i also think claiborne is the top option

or

move up a few slots for barron

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525723 said:
Not trolling, I got the info while out at a movie tonight and this was the first thing I did when I opened the "draft" board tonight.

kk, gotcha.
thought you may have been kidding around with us.

same data others are getting.

jerry admitted some of it in an interview/press conference.

wittenacious

Reaction score
jterrell;4525716 said:
Yeah, I guess I could see that. If Claiborne is there at 6, why not consider trading up for him? If he's as good as they say at CB ... "the consensus #1 CB in the draft" ... "Morris Claiborne is better than Patrick Peterson was coming into last year's draft" ... stuff like that.

But, might Stephon Gilmore be a target in the 7-11 range if Claiborne is gone? Or do the Cowboys zero in on Cox and/or Barron?