Take this for what it's worth...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;4526443 said:
Well the main deal here is he would ride the pine all year, and not help us this year.

While we do need to draft at least 1 CB, if we draft a 1st rounder in that position, we are giving up on guys that could help us this year.

I disagree.

Dallas would put him in the starting lineup at some point plus with all of the spread offenses he would see a lot of PT.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins was traded for a pick either.

He's a talented corner, playing under his rookie contract, and the team we trade him to can create his contract.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4526435 said:
Barron will be there at 14! Teams are trying to get Dallas to take the bait, and I'm afraid that Jerry will fall for it.

None of the teams ahead of us need a safety......all have proven, young talented, and in some cases Pro Bowlers.

Jags- they have bigger needs than a safety at 7
Dolphins- they too have bigger needs than safety, principally QB
Panthers- will go DL
Bills- they have a pro bowler in Byrd.... a late rounder that did good. They need a LT.
Chiefs- they drafted Berry recently and paired him with another rookie, they don't need another early round safety.
Seahawks- they have two young pro-bowl safeties, Thomas and Chancelor
Cardinals- Adrian Wilson, they too have bigger needs than a safety

With the 14th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Mark Barron from the University of Alabama.

I still have hope that DeCastro is the name.

Dallas has to many holes to try to fill without trading away picks. We are not a Mark Barron or Fletcher Cox, or even a Claiborne away from a championship.

Good points regarding Barron.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
CATCH17;4526449 said:
I disagree.

Dallas would put him in the starting lineup at some point plus with all of the spread offenses he would see a lot of PT.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins was traded for a pick either.

He's a talented corner, playing under his rookie contract, and the team we trade him to can create his contract.

Well trading a player is another whole different discussion, although it is harder to trade a guy in the last year of his contract.

I just don't see him beating out Jenkins or Carr in his first season, while he could beat out Scandrick, it would really be a waste of resources cause we have far bigger needs in other positions.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4526435 said:
Barron will be there at 14! Teams are trying to get Dallas to take the bait, and I'm afraid that Jerry will fall for it.

None of the teams ahead of us need a safety......all have proven, young talented, and in some cases Pro Bowlers.

Panthers- will go DL
Bills- they have a pro bowler in Byrd.... a late rounder that did good. They need a LT.
Chiefs- they drafted Berry recently and paired him with another rookie, they don't need another early round safety.

With the 14th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Mark Barron from the University of Alabama.

Dallas has to many holes to try to fill without trading away picks. We are not a Mark Barron or Fletcher Cox, or even a Claiborne away from a championship.

I generally agree, but you're also assuming that all those teams will stay put and not trade out with a team who wants Barron and knows that he won't get past Dallas at 14. Especially if people are willing to trade their picks cheaply.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4526483 said:
I generally agree, but you're also assuming that all those teams will stay put and not trade out with a team who wants Barron and knows that he won't get past Dallas at 14. Especially if people are willing to trade their picks cheaply.

That is true, but the only team that I seriously think would jump ahead of us is San Diego. But they need lots of help along the OL, and they're sitting pretty where they're at to get right into the OL run that will happen in the late teens. SD is like Dallas, they are more than one player away from a championship. Futhermore, SD just signed Weddle to a big contract last year.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;4526435 said:

Panthers- will go DL

The problem isn't those teams. The problem is the teams behind us moving up in front of us to take him. Which is why I think we move up a few spots.