Take this for what it's worth...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;4525763 said:
I think that price is a little high, I'm told it's a buyers market this year emphasized by the new wage scale.

IDK, hopping up from 14 to 6 is pretty steep in terms of draft value.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
rkell87;4525765 said:
cool maybe you get some last minute info that boosts your % lol, looking forward to it man

It's pretty discouraging to work so hard and so long on something and know at the end of the day if 1/4 right on anything you did good. :(

JBS

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525768 said:
The way I understood it, as high as 6. I think Claiborne and Cox are really high on their board.

Based on draft charts, a move to 6 would probably take our first three picks in this draft or our first, a later pick this year and then a first next year.

i dont see any way in which claiborne falls to 6..i dont think hes the target..dont get me wrong..i bet theyd love to have him..and probably have a sneaky plan just in case he falls..but i highly doubt this is their main target..

so i change my mind..its not claiborne..its gotta be cox..

i think the trade has to be with miami or jacksonville

Gaede

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4525777 said:
i dont see any way in which claiborne falls to 6..i dont think hes the target..dont get me wrong..i bet theyd love to have him..and probably have a sneaky plan just in case he falls..but i highly doubt this is their main target..

so i change my mind..its not claiborne..its gotta be cox..

i think the trade has to be with miami or jacksonville

Agree. Seems more feasible.

JBS

Reaction score
i love barron more than just about anyone on here..but i would definitely pay premium for fletcher c..we need him badly

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525768 said:
The way I understood it, as high as 6. I think Claiborne and Cox are really high on their board.

Based on draft charts, a move to 6 would probably take our first three picks in this draft or our first, a later pick this year and then a first next year.

Not to steal your thunder but according the chart, a move to #6 would cost us #14, #45 and first 4th rounder. We would actually be giving up about 20 points more than the #6 slot.

SDogo

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525773 said:

14 to 6 yes, the Cowboys would never get that done with out dipping into next years stash unless they want to sell the farm this year. That's why I don't see it happening unless the Rams offer up a early Memorial Day sale.

I think once we get to 8 the price will drop significantly.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SDogo;4525770 said:
I agree, love Martin. I have posted on this before but if somehow he makes it to 45 I would not be at all shocked if he is our pick.

Yep, Martin at 45 would be incredibly lucky. Can't see it happening though.

If the team likes him enough, perhaps they would trade from 45 up to the top of round 2. I know people on here would **** a brick, but I'd love it. He has terrific physical skills, great intangibles and what I like best... a knack for running the football (i.e. vision and instincts).

To come away from the first couple of days with Barron/DeCastro/other in round 1 and Martin in round 2 would make me ecstatic.

wittenacious

Reaction score
SDogo;4525734 said:
Cox is in another atmosphere as far as the Cowboys are concerned from what I'm told, if he gets past St. Louis (which Ironically may be where Dallas needs to go to get him and my gut tells me the Cowboys have explored this) then I expect things to heat up.
Meaning Fletcher Cox would be the Cowboys #1, most desirable target worth moving up for, Claiborne included?

The30YardSlant;4525736 said:
If I had to guess, the ONE guy is either Cox or Claiborne. Perhaps if Claiborne falls to 6 we make a big move and take him, but my best guess is Cox in the 8-10 range.
More support for Cox and Claiborne as possible trade-up targets. Getting either would be great, but if we get Cox in the 8-10 range. Man oh Man!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4525773 said:

I think any trade up is a long shot but there are apparently 6 blue chippers in this class.

If so and the guy you actually rate 1st overall fell to 6th it might be time to pull the trigger.

I think Cleveland wants badly to move down and wants to pick up a 1st next year in that QB bonanza class. Would 14 plus our original r4 and the '13 R1 do it? Not sure.

SDogo

Reaction score
wittenacious;4525784 said:
Meaning Fletcher Cox would be the Cowboys #1, most desirable target worth moving up for, Claiborne included?

Sorry if I made it sound that way, I generally speak about prospects who have a good chance to make it to these given points. It would be a small miracle if Claiborne was sitting there at 6 let alone 7-10.

They would take Claiborne over Cox

SDogo

Reaction score
jterrell;4525787 said:
I think any trade up is a long shot but there are apparently 6 blue chippers in this class.

If so and the guy you actually rate 1st overall fell to 6th it might be time to pull the trigger.

I think Cleveland wants badly to move down and wants to pick up a 1st next year in that QB bonanza class. Would 14 plus our original r4 and the '13 R1 do it? Not sure.

I don't want to give away that #1 next year, that class is just too loaded. Besides if we totally tank this year I want a shot at one of those QB's! lol

rkell87

Reaction score
SDogo;4525774 said:
It's pretty discouraging to work so hard and so long on something and know at the end of the day if 1/4 right on anything you did good. :(

if you hit 1/4 of the time on roulette you'd be a rich man, just think of it that way

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
While Cox will almost certainly be available at #6 the same cannot be said fro Richardson or Caliborne, concluding that one of the two aforementioned must be the real target in this scenario, not the DT.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
If its Garrett who is really standing on the table for this guy, I would assume its a guy who fits his system and plays on the offensive side of the ball. I would also assume its a guy he knows very well. What pro day did he attend again? Oh yeah, I remember. :eek:hboy:

trent_richardson.jpg

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I had the same thought, Neon. Sounds crazy with Murray doing so well, but I go back to what Broaddus was saying weeks ago, that Garrett was totally in love with Ingram and Richardson is even better. I remember seeing a shot of our draft board last year and Ingram was way, way, up there.

Still... That would be stupid IMO. Backs aren't worth that much anymore. And RJ doesn't like to run the ball anyway.

SDogo

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4525799 said:
If its Garrett who is really standing on the table for this guy, I would assume its a guy who fits his system and plays on the offensive side of the ball. I would also assume its a guy he knows very well. What pro day did he attend again? Oh yeah, I remember. :eek:hboy:

trent_richardson.jpg

Why not, went to the same school as Emmitt Smith. Played on Emmitt Smith Field, lives 4 1/2 miles from where Emmitt lived.

make it happen! lol