Takeaways tonight

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We should never have cut Bailey.

Brett Maher in 2018: 29 of 36 FGs (80.5%)

Dan Bailey in 2018: 21 of 28 FGs (75%)
Dan Bailey in 2017: 15 of 20 FGs (75%)

The 2015 version of Dan Bailey no longer exists. Maher looks shaky but Bailey isn't the answer.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak or BUST!
Really ???? well bud here's a dose of reality without the Dak-love potion you've been drinking.

I disagree bud as Rush gave us all a feeling of the good old days as his throws and play were accurate and his play was mature.
Personally I didn't feel that Panic and confusion in the pocket when Dak is there.
Is Rush a starting NFL QB wouldn't go that far but you put him in with the first TEAM and not the scrubs it wouldn't surprise me if our passing game improved greatly as he is not afraid to chuck it down field and its pretty evident his pocket presence and accuracy is also better than Daks.
Just my 2 cents.....
You can't be serious. Rush had a clean pocket and anything farther than 15 yards was way off. Not even close to being accurate. The fact you are pumping up Rush is silly. Dak was clearly the more accurate QB last night.

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah he’s not a great blocker but he looks like a guy who can threaten downfield from the TE spot.

Eagles TEs aren’t great blockers either but they find ways to use them and exploit defenses.

Being a heavy run team may keep him on the bench more, Philly don't run like we do.

Sydla

Reaction score
Being a heavy run team may keep him on the bench more, Philly don't run like we do.

Philly ran the ball a ton in 2017. And still used Ertz a ton.

There are ways to run the ball and work around Jarwin’s flaws.

Dre11

Reaction score
Philly ran the ball a ton in 2017. And still used Ertz a ton.

There are ways to run the ball and work around Jarwin’s flaws.

They ran it no where near the way we run. He better learn to block you'll see him sitting a lot.
Philly was 20th in rushing attempts last season.

Sydla

Reaction score
They ran it no where near the way we run. He better learn to block you'll see him sitting a lot.
Philly was 20th in rushing attempts last season.

Nowhere near? They were 3rd in the league in rushing in 2017. Right with us.

They fell off in 2018 because their running backs sucked when they dumped Blount, Ajayi got hurt, etc. They didn't make that mistake again adding Howard and drafting the kid out of PSU in the 2nd round. I suspect Philly will be a strong running team in 2019 again.

Dre11

Reaction score
Nowhere near? They were 3rd in the league in rushing in 2017. Right with us.

They fell off in 2018 because their running backs sucked when they dumped Blount, Ajayi got hurt, etc. They didn't make that mistake again adding Howard and drafting the kid out of PSU in the 2nd round. I suspect Philly will be a strong running team in 2019

Again they don't run as much as us. You had to go back 2 years to 2017 and that's with Zeke being suspended. In 2016 they were 11th we were 1. 2018 we were 10th and they were 20th. Jarwin will keep the bench nice and warm if he isn't at least average at blocking.

Sydla

Reaction score

In the last three years, the one year the Eagles had a threat at TB, in 2017, they ran the ball as much as we did. I suspect you will see them run the ball as much as we do this year as well now that they have Howard and Sanders.

Somehow, they'll figure out a way to run the ball well with two non-blocking TEs in Ertz and Goeddert.

Dre11

Reaction score
In the last three years, the one year the Eagles had a threat at TB, in 2017, they ran the ball as much as we did. I suspect you will see them run the ball as much as we do this year as well now that they have Howard and Sanders.

Somehow, they'll figure out a way to run the ball well with two non-blocking TEs in Ertz and Goeddert.

I bet they don't. I bet with Wentz. They try to sling it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I bet they don't. I bet with Wentz. They try to sling it.

They ran a ton in 2017 with Wentz when they had competent backs.

And with Wentz having injury issues, the rumors are they want to run the ball more with him. It's why they traded for Howard and used a 2nd round pick on a TB.

Dre11

Reaction score
With Jackson, Jeffries,Ertz and Goddert. We'll see..lol