Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But where is Eatman quoted at saying this. I search all his articles since the draft and he actually wrote a story were he states "the cowboys were ecstatic of drafting Taco".

I seen a story from BTB calling it a fact since Eatman stated it but the don't link his quotes.

What's also funny is I was watching the war room like must of us and I didn't notice any reaction to Atlanta's trade and then pic.

I was listening to Broaddus and crew at that time. They claimed that the War Room had a big reaction to the selection of Takk. Eatman is one the Broaddus minions.

If you really following many stories revolving around the Cowboys the past few years, many of them start with sometime Broaddus or one of his crew said. Then some other media repeats it, then other media member repeats it. Each time the successive media member adds a little to the story and within hours it's claimed as fact. Fans tend to believe it because they see multiple media members have reported it.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
yes the team is being run by an accountant.
you can only play 11 players at a time, and we need a star RDE.
drafting a star RDE is hard enough.
now they just made it harder by settling for an inferior candidate according to their own analysis.
DBs can be had this year, next year, year after that in the draft.

they FO may just think Taco+Lewis > Takk+Carr

waldoputty

Reaction score
Was not disputing what the reporter claimed.

You brought up Charles Haley as related to Takk, so I was asking you if you thought that was feasible.

fwiw, I was fine with either one

i mentioned haley because someone was preoccupied with takk not being a choir boy with his outburst.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
now they just made it harder by settling for an inferior candidate according to their own analysis.
Stephen is an Engineer. Despite what many people believe, there is a drastic difference between Engineers and Accountants. I'm an Engineer but could never, ever be and accountant.

Engineer's create, accountants manage.

waldoputty

Reaction score
But where is Eatman quoted at saying this. I searched all his articles since the draft and he actually wrote a story were he states "the cowboys were ecstatic of drafting Taco".

I seen a story from BTB calling it a fact since Eatman stated it but they did not link his quotes.

What's also funny is I was watching the war room like must of us and I didn't notice any reaction to Atlanta's trade and then pic.

well perhaps it was in the podcasts. i doubt this was made-up

waldoputty

Reaction score
Oh like ignoring his Donnie's plea to draft the Greek Freak and trading down in the draft to save <$500k and drafting Shane Larkin instead/ Yeah Cuban is a genius

cuban would not be able to run the team. but his attitude is do whatever it is needed to win. the cowboys seem to have lost that with the beancounter in charge.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Stephen is an Engineer. Despite what many people believe, there is a drastic difference between Engineers and Accountants. I'm an Engineer but could never, ever be and accountant.

actually engineers and accountant are pretty similar. in that neither like to strictly follow the rules.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score

How is Taco inferior than Takk? They had the same grade on them, that´s why they didn´t trade the 3rd round pick. If Takk had a better grade they would´ve made the trade like they did with Woods. Takk wont even be healthy for training camp.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Taco and Takk were rated close enough on their board that it wasn't worth surrendering a 3rd round pick.

I'd rather have Taco + Jourdan Lewis

the quote is really wanted Takk.
it is hard enough to draft a star RDE without having additional constraints.

DFWJC

Reaction score

As a geophysicist, I can for engineers

An accounting degree would be like a boring afterthought, relatively speaking.

tm1119

Reaction score
Takk is way overrated. Small and stiff, not a good combo. He has a good initial burst but he can't bend around the edge. look at his combine 3 cone drill...borderline pathetic. And then you watch Takk's UCLA film and you realize all of his sacks were because of 2nd effort hustle or just flat out not being blocked. He rarely got to the QB by beating the OT.

I was extremely relieved when he went before us.

waldoputty

Reaction score
How is Taco inferior than Takk? They had the same grade on them, that´s why they didn´t trade the 3rd round pick. If Takk had a better grade they would´ve made the trade like they did with Woods. Takk wont even be healthy for training camp.

they are different players.
takk is more explosive but with little bend.
we only need the spiffy RDE for the playoffs with the 13-3 team.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh like ignoring his Donnie's plea to draft the Greek Freak and trading down in the draft to save <$500k and drafting Shane Larkin instead/ Yeah Cuban is a genius
Cuban is a Moron.

The Mavs won 1 championship with Dirk. That's a fail considering that Dirk is one of the greatest Basketball players of all time. Cuban lucked into getting Dirk.

The number of failed moves by Cuban over the years makes any mistakes that Jerry made look trivial. He didn't want to pay Steve Nash and just let him leave. He immediately became one of the top NBA players and played a position that the Mavs struggled to fill for the next several years.

Cuban also lucked into his Billions. He had a little company that did some simplistic technology that normally would have resulted in a company worth a few million; however, it happened at exactly the right time during the dot-com boom and Yahoo moronically paid Billions for something they could have developed for less than 10 million within 6 months.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
So glad Atl jumped them and took that lunatic. There is no way I want to cheer for someone who acts like that on national tv in their moment of glory. It's not like he didn't know he was going to be drafted for a couple of years now. To act like he did tells me he is dumb and likely to make huge mistakes as time goes on.

It's easy to judge someone you know nothing about without walking g in their shoes.

I imagine he's had a really tough life and worked his *** off to fulfill his promise to his grandma and get to where he is today.

Was it intense? Yes..But I like it. We could use some of that passion on our D.

waldoputty

Reaction score
As a geophysicist, I can for engineers

An accounting degree would be like a boring afterthought, relatively speaking.

can for engineers?
i used to work for engineers all day long, phds, ms, bs...