Talented Enough? QBs

GINeric

Reaction score
Stafford isn't better than Dak because he is a Super Bowl champ.

Stafford is better than Dak because Dak sucks.

Well if Dak sucks, why is he only one of four other quarterbacks who have put up the numbers he put up in his first 5 years??

There have been thousands of quarterbacks during the last 100 years of the NFL.... But only Dak, Russell Wilson, and 3 other quarterbacks put up numbers in their first 5 years that the other thousands of quarterbacks couldn't do....

Dak is ranked in the top ten current quarterbacks as we speak and has a very good winning percentage. With all that said, if Dak sucks... why haven't other quarterbacks who suck been able to suck like dak with his numbers, winning percentage, and ranking???

I'll wait....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well if Dak sucks, why is he only one of four other quarterbacks who have put up the numbers he put up in his first 5 years??

There have been thousands of quarterbacks during the last 100 years of the NFL.... But only Dak, Russell Wilson, and 3 other quarterbacks put up numbers in their first 5 years that the other thousands of quarterbacks couldn't do....

Dak is ranked in the top ten current quarterbacks as we speak and has a very good winning percentage. With all that said, if Dak sucks... why haven't other quarterbacks who suck been able to suck like dak with his numbers, winning percentage, and ranking???

I'll wait....
All that's cute and all, really.

But I don't care about what his stats look like at the end of the season. I watch him shrink and crumble in every big game he plays in. I watch us lose anytime we don't get 100 yards rushing, because Dak can't function without a dominate run game. I see players and coaches flat out say in the media "We want to shut down the run game and make Dak beat us". Great QBs are respected. Great QBs don't get talked about like that.

Have you ever heard "We wanted to make Brady beat us"? How about "We wanted to make Mahomes beat us". No, you don't. You're blinded by the star on the helmet. Expect better.

If his stats make you happy then fine, but I care about success at the end of the season, not anybody personal stats. Again, expect better.

GINeric

Reaction score
All that's cute and all, really.

But I don't care about what his stats look like at the end of the season. I watch him shrink and crumble in every big game he plays in. I watch us lose anytime we don't get 100 yards rushing, because Dak can't function without a dominate run game. I see players and coaches flat out say in the media "We want to shut down the run game and make Dak beat us". Great QBs are respected. Great QBs don't get talked about like that.

Have you ever heard "We wanted to make Brady beat us"? How about "We wanted to make Mahomes beat us". No, you don't. You're blinded by the star on the helmet. Expect better.

If his stats make you happy then fine, but I care about success at the end of the season, not anybody personal stats. Again, expect better.

Im not blinded by the star, but to compare Dak to two elite quarterbacks is just dumb. Ive NEVER said Dak was elite. But he's a very good quarterback. You said he's a bum, but STILL can't answer the question of, if he's a bum, how was he able to do what only 4 other quarterbacks were able to do over the course of 100 years of professional football and thousands of other quarterbacks???

Why is he ranked in the top 10 of current quarterbacks.... if he's a bum???

Why do other Hall of Fame players, coaches, and GMs all say Dak is a very good quarterback, NOT ELITE... but very good??? Ive never heard any professional or formal professional football members call Dak a bum.

Now who should i believe, YOU... some random guy who's probably never played anything further than pop warner??
Or people who are Hall of Famers and were actually paid to coach, play, or scout in professional football??
I'll wait....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Im not blinded by the star, but to compare Dak to two elite quarterbacks is just dumb. Ive NEVER said Dak was elite. But he's a very good quarterback. You said he's a bum, but STILL can't answer the question of, if he's a bum, how was he able to do what only 4 other quarterbacks were able to do over the course of 100 years of professional football and thousands of other quarterbacks???

Why is he ranked in the top 10 of current quarterbacks.... if he's a bum???

Why do other Hall of Fame players, coaches, and GMs all say Dak is a very good quarterback, NOT ELITE... but very good??? Ive never heard any professional or formal professional football members call Dak a bum.

Now who should i believe, YOU... some random guy who's probably never played anything further than pop warner??
Or people who are Hall of Famers and were actually paid to coach, play, or scout in professional football??
I'll wait....
I'm not asking you to believe me. I don't care if you believe me.

You responded to something I posted, not the other way around.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Your mind is made up about Dak. You think he's better than he is because of end of the season stats. That's fine. Some people care about that stuff while some people care more about what those pretty stats lead the team too. I'm sure there's Vikings fans out there that say these things about Kirk cousins too. It's all about preference.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not asking you to believe me. I don't care if you believe me.

You responded to something I posted, not the other way around.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Your mind is made up about Dak. You think he's better than he is because of end of the season stats. That's fine. Some people care about that stuff while some people care more about what those pretty stats lead the team too. I'm sure there's Vikings fans out there that say these things about Kirk cousins too. It's all about preference.

My mind isn't made up about anything or anyone. Im just wise enough and know enough about the game to know when a player is very good. Nobody said great or elite, but he's very good. Like i said, if i see what other Hall of Famers saw and verbally expressed, then i am probably closer to the truth of what Dak is than what you've expressed.

You couldn't even express or explain how a bum could have the stats and winning percentage that Dak has. You couldn't express or explain why no other "bum" has been able to do the same in 100 years of football.

Of course you have a right to your own opinion though. Even if it doesn't make sense, you can't back it up or explain it statistically, or it doesn't line up with reality.... you're still entitled to your opinion.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My mind isn't made up about anything or anyone. Im just wise enough and know enough about the game to know when a player is very good. Nobody said great or elite, but he's very good. Like i said, if i see what other Hall of Famers saw and verbally expressed, then i am probably closer to the truth of what Dak is than what you've expressed.

You couldn't even express or explain how a bum could have the stats and winning percentage that Dak has. You couldn't express or explain why no other "bum" has been able to do the same in 100 years of football.

Of course you have a right to your own opinion though. Even if it doesn't make sense, you can't back it up or explain it statistically, or it doesn't line up with reality.... you're still entitled to your opinion.
Do you also feel this way about Kirk Cousins? Because Kirk Cousins basically has Dak's 2021 season every year.

Would you be happy with Kirk at QB?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So now it’s the OL and WR, next it’s the coaches, sun in his eyes, and the ref’s, sounds like a lot of excuses for a top 10 QB.
You’d like it just to be one player. It doesn’t work that way. The bangles were horrible. Their last game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They did have a bad OL, just like KC the previous year. Still had a great roster on defense and great skill players. The Bengals were not a bad roster. There’s a big difference between a good roster with weak areas and a bad roster. Jets, Giants, Jags, Panthers, Lions…..bad rosters, lots of issues, not just 1-2 to play around.
Patrick Mahomes is nothing without hill. Most overrated quarterback in history

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're underestimating just how good guys like Mahomes and Allen are.

Mahomes has never had a 1,000 yard rusher at RB.
Allen has never had a 1,000 yard rusher at RB.
In an expanded 17 game schedule, only 7 RBs reached 1000 yards last year. LOTS of QBs didn't have the support of a 1000 yard rusher.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In an expanded 17 game schedule, only 7 RBs reached 1000 yards last year. LOTS of QBs didn't have the support of a 1000 yard rusher.
We've never even made the playoffs with Dak without Zeke having 1,000 yards rushing for the year. To take it a step further, before last season, we have not made the playoffs with Dak unless Zeke won the rushing title.

Mahomes has lead his team to Super Bowls while Allen has lead his to the conference championship without a 1,000 yard rusher.

Dak is a tier 4 QB.

GINeric

Reaction score
Do you also feel this way about Kirk Cousins? Because Kirk Cousins basically has Dak's 2021 season every year.

Would you be happy with Kirk at QB?

No i wouldn't be happy with Kirk because he's not better than Dak. Im not say that Kirk is a bum or anything because i think he's a good solid starter. But Dak is a very good starting quarterback and his numbers and ranking is proof of that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just heard Cowherd talking about how Mayfield blew it in Cleveland despite being talented. He doesn’t think Sam Darnold blew it in NY or Carolina. His argument is Sam got a second chance but he’s just not talented enough to overcome a bad roster. Sounds so stupid….he compares Darnold by saying he cannot overcome a bad roster like Mahommes, Allen, etc.

Why can’t people just say these QBs are supremely talented, super elite. There’s another group who are very talented but are below the elite group. Then come average QBs you can win games with, followed by QBs who just aren’t very talented.

When did Mahommes, Allen, Jackson and other super talented QBs ever overcome a bad roster and win anything? No one wins with a bad roster, no matter how good their QB is. I hear others besides Cowterd refer to QBs who’s talent would win anywhere….BS. These guys are on great rosters with good coaching. Put Mahommes or Allen on last year’s bad teams, and those teams aren’t going anywhere.

It’s easy to see the difference between great, very good, good, and bad QB’s, but none of them are going to win with a bad roster.

Most NFL rosters are similar. The league is built that way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mahomes is nothing without a great HC as Reid nor a top notch OL. We all seen how good he was in KC's last SB without one. As per Josh Allen, he's only had ONE good season. Give it a rest. Neither are elite.

Lol that is the most absurd argument.

Look how bad he was in the freaking Super Bowl lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We've never even made the playoffs with Dak without Zeke having 1,000 yards rushing for the year. To take it a step further, before last season, we have not made the playoffs with Dak unless Zeke won the rushing title.

Mahomes has lead his team to Super Bowls while Allen has lead his to the conference championship without a 1,000 yard rusher.

Dak is a tier 4 QB.

You can’t pay Dak and win anything. That’s the problem.

GINeric

Reaction score

Dak is a tier 4 QB.

Im pretty sure Dak and the rest of the Cowboys offense would look much better with Andy Reid leading the team, Bienemy calling plays and have elite play makers like Hill and Kelce on offense.

But if Dak is a bum and a tier 4 quarterback.... you STILL haven't explained why he's only 1 of 4 other quarterbacks in NFL'S 100 YEAR HISTORY and out of THOUSANDS OF OTHER QUARTERBACKS to have put up the numbers and winning percentage that he has in his first 5 years in the NFL.

Please explain how a tier 4 bum accomplishes this. Please explain how a tier 4 bum has the winning percentage he has. Please explain how a tier 4 bum is ranked in the top ten out of 32 starting quarterbacks.

Please explain how a tier 4 bum can be highly respected by Hall of Fame coaches, players and GMs. Please explain why other "tier 4 bums" have not been able to do what Dak is doing and has done.

I'll tell you what. If you can explain those things and POST A LINK of CREDIBLE FOOTBALL MINDS/PEOPLE/HALL OF FAMERS seriously saying Dak is a bum, and also list the names of all tier 4 quarterbacks that has put up the numbers and winning percentage that Dak has, then i will RESPECT you and I'll take you seriously.

If you can't show proof of other football professionals saying Dak is a tier 4 bum, then im just going to throw you in the garbage with all the other weak *** Dak haters who can't justify their weak *** hate and do nothing but talk a bunch of uneducated BS with no proof to support their weak *** comments.

Ball is in your court......