Recap: Talkin Cowboys 5.14

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you will go back and research the opinions about Lawrence pre-draft that came from the posters on this board, you will find that many posters here didn't think Lawrence was worth a third, much less a second and third. I spent half a hour researching the general opinions that were expressed concerning Lawrence and I found out that very , very few posters on this board had a high opinion of him. These same posters now say that they loved the pick and they had no problem with trading up. Of course this was caused by Jerry when he drafted Lawrence. It amazes me how a fan changes their opinion just because he is a draft pick of the team.

hahaha I love this place.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If you will go back and research the opinions about Lawrence pre-draft that came from the posters on this board, you will find that many posters here didn't think Lawrence was worth a third, much less a second and third. I spent half a hour researching the general opinions that were expressed concerning Lawrence and I found out that very , very few posters on this board had a high opinion of him. These same posters now say that they loved the pick and they had no problem with trading up. Of course this was caused by Jerry when he drafted Lawrence. It amazes me how a fan changes their opinion just because he is a draft pick of the team.

Love it or leave it. Is all i can say to you or any other fan. I dont love the pick and really didnt love the trade but he's a cowboy. Root for him or dont, but like it or not he's a Cowboy.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
No, its not a ridiculous notion. If you can't see why it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut regarding all players before the draft, then I can't help you. Read Star Guards post above, and you will see how it benefits you to keep quiet. I'm not trying to bash JJ, but you would think any guy that runs a business should know not to tip your hand.

JJ didn't close the door on Manziel just because he poo pooed the pick. Mike Mayock and other draftnicks and analysts still had us taking Manziel despite what JJ said. It's called a smokescreen and it happens all the time.
Were you 100% sure we weren't taking him when the pick happened? I know I wasn't. I know none of the "experts" seemed to know either. Sounded like the biggest drama of the entire draft was what the Cowboys would do in fact.

Yes you are both right about being careful with what you put out there. But misinformation is just as much a part of the draft as true information. So who is to say what the Cowboys were really going to do. No one knew for sure.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
No, its not a ridiculous notion. If you can't see why it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut regarding all players before the draft, then I can't help you. Read Star Guards post above, and you will see how it benefits you to keep quiet. I'm not trying to bash JJ, but you would think any guy that runs a business should know not to tip your hand.

I was incorrect in my initial post, I didn't think it thru clearly. You and Guard are both correct a trade could have happened above us that could have affected who fell to us. I just wanted to fess up there.