Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

freddy0227

Reaction score
Why the does Papa Johns pizza thats so good!? LoL ... Talking cowboys is better I think

Wood

Reaction score
Trade Rob for Taylor and the Break is great. I prefer The Break, but she really annoys me. Each show has had a string of awful hosts though.

I have to admit Taylor is becoming increasingly annoying. She really surprised me with her knowledge to start year but now she is having bunch ill timed comments (on show & on twitter) and generally isn't staying in flow of conversation. She will try to be funny or cute that comes off awkward. If she were football player I would say she is on bubble for next year.

Wood

Reaction score
Break. Like everyone on it, perfect chemistry. Talkin Cowboys is ok, would be better if Helman was with them.

I still haven't figured out Helman dynamics on the show. They treat him like under-achieving college student who comes in late and leaves early. Everyone takes shots at him. He is by far the most popular on twitter and his analysis is often on mark when he comes into studio. I know Lindsey Cash wanted to do some type of show with him and that was birth of Cover 4.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Taylor is just an insufferable millennial and messes up the flow. I understand her role...she's there to offer a youthful/comedic take on the Cowboys (Social Media style content), but if you swapped Taylor Stern out for David Helmann (who's just as 'hip' with social media, has actual football knowledge, and understands the flow of progressing a show), then the Cowboy's Break would be perfect. Well, perfect would be for it to be 1.5hrs.

Sepia

Reaction score
I have to admit Taylor is becoming increasingly annoying. She really surprised me with her knowledge to start year but now she is having bunch ill timed comments (on show & on twitter) and generally isn't staying in flow of conversation. She will try to be funny or cute that comes off awkward. If she were football player I would say she is on bubble for next year.

I don't watch, but I listen to the podcast on my commute. My impression is that she's on her phone scrolling looking for comments during the show instead of listening. I may be off base since I can't see. She seems really engaged when it comes to college ball and draft topics, but she sounds out of her realm when they're talking about things relevant during the season.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Break is better and it's not that close. When I listen to Talkin via podcast I know I can safely skip the first two minutes without missing anything other than Micky trying to be clever and their horrible banter.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Taylor is just an insufferable millennial and messes up the flow. I understand her role...she's there to offer a youthful/comedic take on the Cowboys (Social Media style content), but if you swapped Taylor Stern out for David Helmann (who's just as 'hip' with social media, has actual football knowledge, and understands the flow of progressing a show), then the Cowboy's Break would be perfect. Well, perfect would be for it to be 1.5hrs.
Helmann's "drag out the word" speech pattern is terrible and should be banned from all airwaves. Also, he's not funny or clever.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Both.

They need to quit censoring Hurricane Mickey.

Taylor needs to shut up - didn't know 1st seed gets a bye..

The TCU cheerleader on the Break before KC, when Josh was still on, was sexy as hell...

Broaddus carries that entire platform..

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm grateful for these shows and podcasts. I have a horrible commute each afternoon and this gets me through it. A lot of NFL teams don't have these shows on a daily basis, or even at all. Add that the Cowboys app is second to none amongst apps for NFL teams.

kazzd58

Reaction score
The break is funny. Taylor will ask a question that doesn't make any sense and then try to blame it on the fans and say she got it off Twitter.

Nate pulled his I've played the game and the fans don't know what they're talking about card the other day. He said he wanted the Giants to beat Philly because he didn't want the Cowboys backing into a NFC east championship and a 1st rd bye. Like the Cowboys didn't win 11 straight to put themselves in the position to clinch early. Smh

but Nate not lying when he says it tho...

Ken

Reaction score
I'm surprised again so many people dislike Tay. She's fine, she's learned a lot and very knowledgeable. Better her than the lady that was on Talkin Cowboys...she was brutal. Had no opinion because she didn't know anything. Plus she has chemistry with the other three.
I agree with this. She is hot...But has gained a ton of knowledge and actually is right most of the time. And because she actually goes and talks to all of the players, she gets a lot of inside info.

I am shocked at how people view both shows...Lol. it is like the games thread type of reactions to those shows...lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Break is definitely the superior show. Spagnola just ruins whatever show he's on. Taylor Stern is an enigma to me. I thought she did a great job of growing into her role, and then took a wrong turn recently. I'm not sure if by accident or on purpose, but she starting showing immaturity more and more frequently. And it seemed to coincide with the Cover 4 nonsense and trying to cater to a certain group. I think she needs to separate things between the two shows or just stick to one of them.

robjay04

Reaction score
I used to listen to Talkin but Nate just got annoying. I like I'm but he's too hype.

Taylor is fine, she doesn't get a lot of airtime on the show besides her Tay What segment. Some shows I can hardly tell she is on till later in the show. I prefer Break though I would probably listen to both if I had a longer commute.