Recap: Talking Cowboys 5-29

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
• Mickey spoke with Lee, And his season is done. Lee already looking at surgery.
• Lee upbeat and not moping around VR.

• How injury happened. Lee saw the ball carrier stopped and looked to go back to the carrier, Heel dropped foot stuck and the knee buckled, ACL tear.

• Amazing thing is how fast Lee saw the screen play develop. Thats why Lee is so good.

• Immediately Lee told Martin it wasnt his fault.

• Mickey asked Lee why didnt he just let the play go, "Because its my job"

• Lee replacement, Let Hollomon get first crack at it, then Hitchens and if that fails..Try and trade.

• Mickey: You dont bring in a vet now, because you dont want to take snaps away from younger guys

• Dallas is not going to move Carter to mike.

• Talking to Marinelli after the injury, they are going to play the best 3 LBers and see the best fit.

• People wanting Vilma: You cry about Lee being small, he is 10lbs heavier than Vilma.

• Watch out for Crawford if he plays really good. Could be a guy who takes snaps from Selvie.

• Most likely passrushing DL will be SDE Selvie 3tech Melton 1tech Crawford WDE Lawrence

• Mincey just looks.....they couldnt put words on it.

• Gardner and McClain look really good.

• Escobar has gotten alot bigger. Obvious notices are his shoulders and calves. Working Escobar in the slot alot.

• Yesterday OL was giving Romo [Weeden] time to throw and he was picking the defense apart.

• JC Copeland needs to lose weight

• Dez needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. He's always going to be honest when he speaks. But sometimes too honest. Worry about talking football and leave the contract talk to his agent.

• Dez tweeted "if you have never played professional football, then you have no business talking about it" in reference to the Lee injury and what fans are saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zordon

Reaction score
I hate how some people try to neuter Dez. Dude is cut from a different cloth, stop trying to turn him into a robot.

What are they referring to about Mincey, positive or negative?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they said the OL was giving Weeden time to throw and he was picking them apart... Not Romo

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate how some people try to neuter Dez. Dude is cut from a different cloth, stop trying to turn him into a robot.

Neither positive nor negative on Mincey... Like Op said... No real words for him but to read between the lines he looked like a JAG

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think McClain and Crawford will help us upgrade the rotation without a doubt. If the rookie DEs can do well, and if Melton gets back to good my mid season, this could be interesting.

I'm sure they meant Weeden, b/c Romo threw vs air.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Dez needs to learn not to be baited into saying certain things. They spoke about reporter leading him and Dez took the bait. Later that night Dez was again asked about that topic and he changed his stance and just said if you do your job you will get paid.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I think McClain and Crawford will help us upgrade the rotation without a doubt. If the rookie DEs can do well, and if Melton gets back to good my mid season, this could be interesting.

I'm sure they meant Weeden, b/c Romo threw vs air.

Think u will see Selvie/Melton/McClain/Lawrence starters

3rd downs and pass situations Selvie/Melton/Crawford/Lawrence

I could see Gardner take snaps away from Selvie tho at some point

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'd really like to see Crawford & Gardner solidify the SDE so we could move Selvie to WDE to rotate with Lawrence. I really don't like Mincey being a primary rotation guy.

Like that too. Move Crawford inside on 3rd down and let Gardner play SDE on them downs

RS12

Reaction score
Neither positive nor negative on Mincey... Like Op said... No real words for him but to read between the lines he looked like a JAG

Odds on favorite to be wearing the head phones with all his belongings walking out of Oxnard.

visionary

Reaction score
Looking at the bright side....Weeden picking D apart.

Looking at the dark side.....Weeden picking D apart.

Damn....that's a hard one to decipher.

I was gonna say this
Hopefully this is a reflection of how good our OL and weeden are playing and not how bad our defense is

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the bright side....Weeden picking D apart.

Looking at the dark side.....Weeden picking D apart.

Damn....that's a hard one to decipher.
lol

True...though I think Weeden has always struggled with game speed and that sort of thing, not the ability to throw the ball.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I think Crawford will take some snaps away from Selvie.

Think?... Crawford is far better than Selvie. Wherever Selvie lines up, whatever side, Crawford could easily be better than him.

The question is, is Bass better than Selvie. I think so.

I've said it before, but I'd like to see Bass, McClain, Melton and Crawford as your starters.

Gardner, Bishop, Coleman and Lawrence

Then pick. Wilson? Selvie? Okoye?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Think?... Crawford is far better than Selvie. Wherever Selvie lines up, whatever side, Crawford could easily be better than him.

I've said it before, but I'd like to see Bass, McClain, Melton and Crawford as your starters.

What has Crawford ever done to prove he's "far better" than Selvie? This guy's legend precedes him. He's reaching Matt Johnson status.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

That's why I said I don't know about Selvie. And yes Bass and Crawford are overall better players. I'm not certain either of them can turn the corner like Selvie. I'm not a huge Selvie fan but he does provide some pass rush.