Recap: Talking Cowboys 5-29

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Neither positive nor negative on Mincey... Like Op said... No real words for him but to read between the lines he looked like a JAG

Not a good sign for Mincey. With all the young guys we have on the DL rotation now, I'm not sure if there will be a place for a 30 year old JAG in there (vocal leader or not).

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Not a good sign for Mincey. With all the young guys we have on the DL rotation now, I'm not sure if there will be a place for a 30 year old JAG in there (vocal leader or not).

Getting both Gardner and Lawrence makes Mincey completely expendable.

If he's on this roster when the season starts then things have gone sour.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score

Based on what I've heard so far about the practices, I'd be very disappointed if we kept Mincey on the 53 instead of Gardner, and risk leaving him on the practice squad.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did you review game footage of Mincey?

I reviewed him from 2012 on the all-22. He looked like a legit NFL player. They had him primarily at RDE with some snaps at DT in the Nickel. He is a powerful player with decent quickness. He would be best as a LDE or as a RDE on base downs that can play DT in the Nickel.

I don't know exactly what happened in 2013. He was late for meetings a few times and the HC decided to make an example of him and he was cut. He went to Denver near the end of the season.

Unless he is just completely out of shape, he should be an upgrade from most of the street FAs from late season. I'm all for going with as many young players as possible, but if a young guy does not beat out Mincey it doesn't indicate doom. It's difficult to implement a defensive scheme with all super young players. A few inexpensive veterans is not a problem.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Like that too. Move Crawford inside on 3rd down and let Gardner play SDE on them downs
Bass was playing the 3T last year when he got hurt. The last time he played end was for Rob Ryan in the 3-4.

The 3 is a very good place for him but he's considered both a DE and a DT at this point in time. He'll get time at both positions primarily at SDE and the 3. He could probably play the 1 as can Crawford. Not the best choice for either though. They will use him in SPs probably more so at DT but also SDE.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The 3 is a very good place for him but he's considered both a DE and a DT at this point in time. He'll get time at both positions primarily at SDE and the 3. He could probably play the 1 as can Crawford. Not the best choice for either though. They will use him in SPs probably more so at DT but also SDE.
Have you looked at the LE depth chart? There just isn't any place for him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on what I've heard so far about the practices, I'd be very disappointed if we kept Mincey on the 53 instead of Gardner, and risk leaving him on the practice squad.

Bite your toungue.