Tampa game could be ugly for Dallas

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Well! It was a great season everyone! Goodnight everybody!

In all seriousness, Our defence doesn't matchup great, but there's a way to solve every problem. I think Nashon Wright actually matches up well against Evans. He matches Evans in size and had a nice camp and preseason. Diggs should be able to handle their 1 WR (Godwin is his name I think). Lewis can handle their slot WR. So, that should help there. If Parsons can get after the QB like he did in the preseason, that'll be invaluable. If there's one thing that Brady struggles with, it's constant pressure and getting hit alot.

On offense, not turning the ball over will be key. I think we'll move the ball fine. Running the ball is going to be very important here. If you're facing a blitz, running the ball can be very helpful. We probably are going to need a big game from Zeke.

I like this post better than the first glass half empty view.

elcowboi

Reaction score
We don't match up with Tampa good at all.
They are superior in all facets of the game, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, & Coaching.
I look for their Dline to manhandle the weak links of our Oline, Williams, Biadasz, and whoever is backing up Collins. Suh and Vita Vea will manhadle Collins and Biadasz. Their DEnds and LBs will reak havoc on Dak trying to take advantage of his rustiness.
I see their offense pounding our week Dline interior with Fornette and establishing the run early. Brady is still coming off the knee surgery so I think they will run heavy. Then they should have success passing because their 3 WRs outmatch our CBs.
I'm hoping we at least keep it somewhat close, I just don't see us hitting our stride until a few games into the season.

It's possible each game this season could be ugly.

johneric8

Reaction score
Nobody is seriously saying Dak sucks just overrated. All the NFL analyst are saying the Cowboys will go as far as Dak goes. They say this team has the most talent on offence so Dak should get this team deep into the playoffs. They say he is a great leader so he should inspire his team to overachieve. He should shine in big games against great teams. Time will tell.

Okay, but most teams will only go as far as their starting QB can take them right? Not many teams have a backup QB that can really take them to the promised land. In terms of the most talent on offense I don't think this is a fair label. Sure the wide receivers are tops of the league but if we're being honest with ourselves, our offensive line is just average at best and that is the most important factor on making it go. Could the oline be very good? YES, absolutely, but until we see it, we're living off ghost of the past.

I understand what you're saying in terms of people want to see Dak shine against great teams and he has many times in the past, but unfortunately for him our coaching or defense didn't shine, and on the flipside, when the defense did shine, maybe the offense and Dak struggled.. They just haven't been able to put things together and it all falls at the feet of the idiot Jerry Jones whos only claim to fame was being able to spend more money than anyone else to build a great team back before their was a salary cap in the 90's.... Our Cowboys are coddled, it's Jerry's way and trickles down and infects everything in a negative way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are superior in all facets of the game, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, & Coaching.
I look for their Dline to manhandle the weak links of our Oline, Williams, Biadasz, and whoever is backing up Collins. Suh and Vita Vea will manhadle Collins and Biadasz. Their DEnds and LBs will reak havoc on Dak trying to take advantage of his rustiness.
I see their offense pounding our week Dline interior with Fornette and establishing the run early. Brady is still coming off the knee surgery so I think they will run heavy. Then they should have success passing because their 3 WRs outmatch our CBs.
I'm hoping we at least keep it somewhat close, I just don't see us hitting our stride until a few games into the season.
Well yes, if you make no mention of the two already HOF qualified OL we have, that unit isnt all that great.

Last years SB was much more about how bad KCs backup tackles were vs how great Tampas journeyman pass rush was.

They are good, not great, and certainly not unbeatable. We will handle their rush, especially if we don't abandon the run (Elliott is probably the key to any shot in this game).

I'm much more worried about stopping their offense. If you're right about the run, I'm not sure we can stop it. Any team that is patient enough to stay with the run....we are probably going to struggle with.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well yes, if you make no mention of the two already HOF qualified OL we have, that unit isnt all that great.

Last years SB was much more about how bad KCs backup tackles were vs how great Tampas journeyman pass rush was.

They are good, not great, and certainly not unbeatable. We will handle their rush, especially if we don't abandon the run (Elliott is probably the key to any shot in this game).

I'm much more worried about stopping their offense. If you're right about the run, I'm not sure we can stop it. Any team that is patient enough to stay with the run....we are probably going to struggle with.

Are you sure stopping Evans, Godwin, and AB...is going to be tough I mean we have ...Diggs, who am I kidding yeah its going to be tough...if we dont get pressure (like most games) this will be a boat race to 50....We are going to need pressure on defense and sustained drives on offense..I think we can do both of these things and let the breaks fall where they will...We can win this game!!!! LETS GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"Tampa Dallas game could be ugly for Dallas Tampa"

FIFY

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now Martin is out.
Maybe we should rest dak to protect him, welp

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Win or lose, the post-game war between the factions on this board is going to be hilarious. :muttley:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our receivers match up very well with the corners. I think it still comes down to the fourth quarter

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I see the game coming down to the fourth quarter. I don’t think it’s a blowout at all

cowboys1981

Reaction score
That's why they play the game. Anything can happen once they step out onto that field.

Offense needs to be quick strike on pass plays. Dak will not be able to make multiple reads. This is an area that was frustrating when Garrett was here. We never changed our gameplan when we had a key member of our Oline down. I'm curious to see how we adapt to not having Martin.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Given Martin's injury, no idea what Dak isw/ill be, everybody will feel the same. Also, knowing the Pats and Brady they seem to have the easiest game in Week 1 for years and everybody in a suicidie/point spread pool juped all over them. If I had to hazzard a guess I would say the not only couldn't cover large spreads, they even knocked a few teams out Week 1.

There is no excuse for us to not be able to show up and give them a fight.