Tank’s disruption of the Eagles’ TD celebration

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I couldn’t find another thread on this - if one exists please merge.

How did everyone feel about Tank interrupting the Eagles’ TD celebration? I was 100% on board - here we have a team that couldn’t move the ball, they are gifted it on the 2 yard line.

l’ve got no problem with someone celebrating, but this was absurd. I’m sure Eagles’ fans agree too.

BTW I know that Jaylon Smith (in all of his interviews) fancies himself as the leader of this defense, but we all know that Tank is the emotional leader.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'm surprised more players don't clutter up and ruin opposing teams' coordinated team celebrations. I mean, you don't even have to touch anyone, just clutter up the area and annoy them (and hope one of them will lose their cool at having you ruin their coordinated celebration, and they throw a bunch or shove someone and get a penalty that makes their extra point longer).

erod

Reaction score
They had 70 yards of offense and scored on a 2-yard drive. It was ridiculous.

I hope (and believe) more of these ridiculous celebrations are going to get disrupted. Remember when Downs, Walls, and Thurman blew up the Fun Bunch?

These celebrations have run their course. Now they're just tired, childish, unprofessional, and stupid.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's poor sportsmanship to disrupt a TD celebration like that. The NFL allows them now so who are you to say otherwise? And to those that think it was about the 2 yd play that got them into the end zone, no, it was about the 6 points just earned so stop being poor sports and let them do their thing to celebrate. Let the refs be concerned with if they do something inappropriate. Stop being so damn petty, people.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
It's poor sportsmanship to disrupt a TD celebration like that. The NFL allows them now so who are you to say otherwise? And to those that think it was about the 2 yd play that got them into the end zone, no, it was about the 6 points just earned so stop being poor sports and let them do their thing to celebrate. Let the refs be concerned with if they do something inappropriate. Stop being so damn petty, people.

I was watching the game with a big Eagle fan and the minute he saw them doing that, he said, " That's embarrassing. We haven't done anything on offense and are getting destroyed on both sides of the ball and we are acting like we are winning by 10. Go to the sideline" I laughed and sort of nodded and said I agree. Most logical people watching the game saw it from that point of view.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F03%2FCool-Story-Bro.gif

cern

Reaction score
did you ever watch the series lonesome dove? in one episode tommy lee jones's character almost pistol whipped a man to death. when his buddy asked him why, he responded "I just can't tolerate rudeness". seems tank can't tolerate rudeness.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was watching the game with a big Eagle fan and the minute he saw them doing that, he said, " That's embarrassing. We haven't done anything on offense and are getting destroyed on both sides of the ball and we are acting like we are winning by 10. Go to the sideline" I laughed and sort of nodded and said I agree. Most logical people watching the game saw it from that point of view.
Of course he did, he's watching the game with Cowboys fans, he's a sellout and didn't want to get beat down. Most people are idiots, by the way, no excuse to be one too.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I thought it was embarrassing for sure. They had well under 100 yards of offense at the time in the middle of the 3rd quarter. It was a 2 yard "drive" and they were still losing the game. There are times that it's ill advised to break out the choreographed TD celebration - this was one of them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
did you ever watch the series lonesome dove? in one episode tommy lee jones's character almost pistol whipped a man to death. when his buddy asked him why, he responded "I just can't tolerate rudeness". seems tank can't tolerate rudeness.
If Tank doesn't like rudeness then he needs to do a better job of stopping them from scoring or get on his guy that let them do it. The guys that were trying to celebrate had cause to do so and were allowed to do it by the league.

Nav22

Reaction score
“The NFL allows them”

Is there a rule that says the opposing team can’t disrupt a TD celebration by standing in the way? No?

Then the NFL “allows” that too.

Cydios

Reaction score
Oddly, I don't think anyone's interfered with these corny Celebrations. I'm glad our Defense is doing it. They've turned on the passion and heart. I hope it sticks.

Proximo

Reaction score
It's poor sportsmanship to disrupt a TD celebration like that. The NFL allows them now so who are you to say otherwise?

And apparently the NFL also allows the defense to disrupt lame group celebrations like the Eagles’ last night (did you see the refs flag Dallas or say anything to our defenders?).....so who are you to say otherwise?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
“The NFL allows them”

Is there a rule that says the opposing team can’t disrupt a TD celebration by standing in the way? No?

Then the NFL “allows” that too.

And apparently the NFL also allows the defense to disrupt lame group celebrations like the Eagles’ last night (did you see the refs flag Dallas or say anything to our defenders?).....so who are you to say otherwise?
It's poor sportsmanship none the less. I'm a man with an opinion just like you. Offended? Too bad