Tank’s disruption of the Eagles’ TD celebration

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
How did everyone feel about Tank interrupting the Eagles’ TD celebration? I was 100% on board - here we have a team that couldn’t move the ball, they are gifted it on the 2 yard line.

l’ve got no problem with someone celebrating, but this was absurd. I’m sure Eagles’ fans agree too.

I highly doubt Eagles fans agree, and if the Eagles interrupted our TD celebration this board would be livid. :rolleyes:

Lutonio

Reaction score
It has gotten out of hand. It goes beyond fun to just being stupid now. Meanwhile, Amari Cooper just took a damn blow torch to them and was completely composed. No potato sack race or birthing the football like it were a baby or generally making an idiot of himself.

Are they even really celebrations? It seems to be like an excuse for a game of charades.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's poor sportsmanship to disrupt a TD celebration like that. The NFL allows them now so who are you to say otherwise? And to those that think it was about the 2 yd play that got them into the end zone, no, it was about the 6 points just earned so stop being poor sports and let them do their thing to celebrate. Let the refs be concerned with if they do something inappropriate. Stop being so damn petty, people.

Better put another teams symbol in your avatar again......... that is the Cowboys house and they defended it ........ bet you liked it when TO posed on our star also

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL you could say the same thing about the silly TD celebrations.

Legal but poor sportsmanship.

Better put another teams symbol in your avatar again......... that is the Cowboys house and they defended it ........ bet you liked it when TO posed on our star also
I'm not wasting my time with your pettiness. Bye

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If Tank doesn't like rudeness then he needs to do a better job of stopping them from scoring or get on his guy that let them do it. The guys that were trying to celebrate had cause to do so and were allowed to do it by the league.

Acting like Tank and the Defense let the Eagles drive 90 yards the TD. When they had to defend the ball in the redzone already, After the Eagles did nothing on offense for the whole game, they should have just went to the sidelines and saved the group celebration for when they are leading the game at least.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I couldn’t find another thread on this - if one exists please merge.

How did everyone feel about Tank interrupting the Eagles’ TD celebration? I was 100% on board - here we have a team that couldn’t move the ball, they are gifted it on the 2 yard line.

l’ve got no problem with someone celebrating, but this was absurd. I’m sure Eagles’ fans agree too.

BTW I know that Jaylon Smith (in all of his interviews) fancies himself as the leader of this defense, but we all know that Tank is the emotional leader.

It was epic.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Of course he did, he's watching the game with Cowboys fans, he's a sellout and didn't want to get beat down. Most people are idiots, by the way, no excuse to be one too.

We were at a bar and I was the only Cowboy fan sitting there, he the only Eagle fan. The other guy there with us roots for the Chargers. Hell most of the bar were cheering on the Eagles as a majority of Montana roots for the Broncos and Seahawks. If the Cowboys are getting beat in every facet of the game and end up scoring a TD that doesn't put us in the lead or at the very least tie it, then do some elaborate celebration I'd say go sit down also. It was a pretty bad look. Notice how that's the first time we've interrupted a celebration this season?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's poor sportsmanship to disrupt a TD celebration like that. The NFL allows them now so who are you to say otherwise? And to those that think it was about the 2 yd play that got them into the end zone, no, it was about the 6 points just earned so stop being poor sports and let them do their thing to celebrate. Let the refs be concerned with if they do something inappropriate. Stop being so damn petty, people.
HR8pqQc.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I couldn’t find another thread on this - if one exists please merge.

BTW I know that Jaylon Smith (in all of his interviews) fancies himself as the leader of this defense, but we all know that Tank is the emotional leader.

No Jaylon doesn't. This is Tanks defense period. Well that and Jason's philosophy for building fr the trenches out.

ondaedg

Reaction score

It is allowed but where do you draw the line for length of time? It seemed excessive and that is why the Cowboys players stepped in to say that was enough.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm surprised more players don't clutter up and ruin opposing teams' coordinated team celebrations. I mean, you don't even have to touch anyone, just clutter up the area and annoy them (and hope one of them will lose their cool at having you ruin their coordinated celebration, and they throw a bunch or shove someone and get a penalty that makes their extra point longer).

They'd penalize on the kickoff, not the extra point...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved the disruption and hope the practice spreads throughout the league. In my opinion, all group celebrations (and some individual celebrations) should be conducted on teams' home fields only, so I am happy Lawrence contested the Eagles' celebration on his home field. Consequently, I also hope Lawrence understands his objection applies equally to every team, including the Cowboys, wanting to celebrate on an opponent's field too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We were at a bar and I was the only Cowboy fan sitting there, he the only Eagle fan. The other guy there with us roots for the Chargers. Hell most of the bar were cheering on the Eagles as a majority of Montana roots for the Broncos and Seahawks. If the Cowboys are getting beat in every facet of the game and end up scoring a TD that doesn't put us in the lead or at the very least tie it, then do some elaborate celebration I'd say go sit down also. It was a pretty bad look. Notice how that's the first time we've interrupted a celebration this season?
:rolleyes: Desperately trying to defend the situation, just stop embarrassing yourself by defending your bar scene. I guess you had to be there. Glad I wasn't. Bye. :muttley:

Proximo

Reaction score
So is cheering when Michael Irvin went down in Philly. Don't tell others what to do just because you don't agree with it. Fans are giving their opinions, has nothing to do with being "petty".

When it comes to the Egals everything goes. Screw their TD celebration. Props for Dlaw. This is our house and Dlaw reminded those clowns of it. Had absolutely nothing to do with "poor sportsmanship".

I think you meant to quote someone else.....I agree with you...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Loved the disruption and hope the practice spreads throughout the league. In my opinion, all group celebrations (and some individual celebrations) should be conducted on teams' home fields only, so I am happy Lawrence contested the Eagles' celebration on his home field. Consequently, I also hope Lawrence understands his objection applies equally to every team, including the Cowboys, wanting to celebrate on an opponent's field too.
That is the main factor..... whether it is Home or Away.... the Home D has a right to get in the way

Play Hopscotch and Leap Frog and Tag on your own field

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It is allowed but where do you draw the line for length of time? It seemed excessive and that is why the Cowboys players stepped in to say that was enough.
You don't draw the line, that's up to the refs to decide. Stop trying to justify petty vigilante justice. The Cowboys players were wrong.