Tank Lawrence and the Cowboys were Cowards

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The quote is a terrible quote and I made fun of him for it but you also need to realize he was purposefully trying to give a nothing answer that wouldn’t cause a controversy but actually did the exact opposite by giving such a terrible answer.

MetalMike

Reaction score
If I was the coach, I'd plainly tell every player if they have ambitions of being a rapper star, a movie star or a business star, then they could retire and go pursue those avenues. They're being paid now to do a job, NOW! So any of them can quit and spend millions of dollars trying to become any of those things. And after they've spent millions of dollars to no avail, they'll wish they could play football again.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

Somebody please send this to Tank and the Dallas Cowboys....Can't wait for Green bay to come in here!!!! Can't wait for the 49ers to come in here...So we can kick their AZZZZZZZZZ....Not the mentality of this team....

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!
Maybe Zim is the right guy after all. Say what you want about X's and O's, but the man will not tolerate weakness, and has no issue making life hard on these guys if they don't play up to his standard.

dupree89

Reaction score
Maybe Zim is the right guy after all. Say what you want about X's and O's, but the man will not tolerate weakness, and has no issue making life hard on these guys if they don't play up to his standard.
I respect your opinion and I sure hope you are right. Unfortunately, I look at it right now as a man wanting a job and he isnt going to come in and bother jerry and his ways. Zimmer is another MM, thankful he has an NFL job. JMO.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We have a culture that lends itself to this soft as Charmin mentality.
Until we get a GM and HC that demand accountability we are stuck with this rinse and repeat failure of a team.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Heard that Jimmy speech and it was almost like he was talking to these Cowboys...bunch of quitters, and yes he called those players cowards using being tired as an excuse.