Tank Lawrence and the Cowboys were Cowards

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!
Yep. Let me translate: "We had massive branding and social media opportunities in the off season and it was important to get an early start on that."

This confirms the mental checkout the week leading up to the game. I know what I saw.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Somebody please send this to Tank and the Dallas Cowboys....Can't wait for Green bay to come in here!!!! Can't wait for the 49ers to come in here...So we can kick their AZZZZZZZZZ....Not the mentality of this team....

Coach Jimmy Johnson is 1000000000% correct!

I've been saying it for years/decades, these Cowboys are not physically in the best shape, much less better shape than any other team. I wish these Cowboys would be worked out so hard the way I was way back in high school. I bet a majority would complain to Goodell, the NFLPA and their agents. When you are in the best shape, better than your opponent, you will be able to run all over your opponent all 4 quarters and enjoy seeing them sucking air and wanting to quit.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
That type of leadership goes from the top down, so what you think the young guys come in and think?
Well, they're instantly treated like super stars before playing a regular season game. Training camp, where they're supposed to practice and learn, is a giant circus. This team will never win anything again. I loathe the Jones family so much.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Speaks to the culture that is currently in place.

One of the “leaders” speaks like this on national television smh.

That type of leadership goes from the top down, so what you think the young guys come in and think?
Said leader is one of the great minds behind the Hot Boyz moniker, let that sink in for a second.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The cowboys are soft. From the owner to the coaches to the players they are soft. Talented but soft. Too finesse to get punched in the mouth and fight back harder. We see this time and time again. Physical teams give them trouble, and the cowboys players fail to rise to the physical challenge. They look good when they have the advantage talent wise. But play them tough early and get them on their heels a bit and they give up.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Did you guys hear Tank on ESPN say the reason Green bay beat us so bad is because they were tired..... :facepalm: We played Washington the last game of the year and most didn't even play the 4th quarter. Yet we tired... And did not Green bay play 17 games also. Jimmy Johnson had a great speech when he was a coach at Miami. He told his players when you get tired...you're a coward. Great speech....He told them that when you look across at the other team and they are bent over sucking for air. "they are cowards" and that's the time to put your shoe up their........Even if I were tired. I sure wouldn't come on national TV and say it as an excuse. That's why I hate guaranteed contracts. Once signed. What is the motivation to play great? Half of these guys come in using the NFL as hobbies or a jump off point to better things. I want to be a rapper comes to mind:facepalm: Woodson said most of the players don't even want to play football. Their minds are on off field stuff. Irvin said some are in it for the check alone. Don't worry about the loss. Just don't forget to pick up that check come Tuesday:facepalm: And I think Dallas have some players with this mentality. As Jimmy did back in the day. We need to root these guys out and firstly quit drafting them. I hear a guy saying he wants to be a rapper. I move on to the next guy on my board. Because he's going to care more about the studio than he does the football field. When I heard Tank say this it really pissed me off. I been watching the Dallas Cowboys for many decades. Yet never heard a player say "we lost because we were tired":facepalm: REALLY?????????? We were tired.....Nope! You were Cowards!!!!
so was dak tired too, or did he just suck and was doing the best he could

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score

Somebody please send this to Tank and the Dallas Cowboys....Can't wait for Green bay to come in here!!!! Can't wait for the 49ers to come in here...So we can kick their AZZZZZZZZZ....Not the mentality of this team....

Damn Jimmy! Just watched this and broke my Keurig, office chair, and told a co-worker he needs to get his act together. Wow. Let's go!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That might have been one of the worst things I've ever heard from an NFL player as far as excuses go. This is the NFL. Or course you're going to be tired. That's part of the bloody sport!! He may as well have said that making the playoffs is good enough for them. Winning the SB? Pfft, who needs that? That's for chumps. No wonder the mentality of this team is the way it is. The team doesn't have the heart of a champion.