Tank Lawrence and the Cowboys were Cowards

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To be fair Irvin was in it partly for the cocaine and hookers.

At least he had the heart of a champion and knew that the playoffs required the upmost focus. Not so with the current Cowboys. What DLaw said explained everything that we as fans needed to know. They don't want to win the SB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Coach Jimmy Johnson is 1000000000% correct!

I've been saying it for years/decades, these Cowboys are not physically in the best shape, much less better shape than any other team. I wish these Cowboys would be worked out so hard the way I was way back in high school. I bet a majority would complain to Goodell, the NFLPA and their agents. When you are in the best shape, better than your opponent, you will be able to run all over your opponent all 4 quarters and enjoy seeing them sucking air and wanting to quit.

And it explains why we suck against physical teams. When we play a team that has more physicality and better conditioning than the Cowboys, we see what happens. See the Cardinals, Bills, 49ers, and Packers games. This team needs sort easy teams to build stats against. Against the physical teams, let's not get our pretty faces scratched.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I didn't realize the Cowboys played more games than any other team....this team is so soft and weak minded.....Zimmer is going to be a major wakeup call for this defense......

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the more that I think about his comments, the more disgusted that I am. We as fans go through so much crap from the media and other fanbases. We are expected to take the constant roasting. We're expected to take the hate of others. I'm tired of getting roasted for this team, but I always show up as a fan of them. Yet, when the people actually in control of the actual results on the pitch have a chance to help us, they quit with the excuse of being tired. What an absolute DISGRACE! I'd use a different phrase, but I don't want to get banned. I'm absolutely disgusted. I know Jerry doesn't care, but I hoped the players would at least care. Clearly not!!! I'd say his comments are a joke, but there's nothing funny about it. It's what I said. It's an absolute DISGRACE! It's a disgrace to all the players that made this team the legendary team that it WAS. It's a disgrace to the fans who get roasted by everyone who hope the players would at least give their all.

If they weren't the better team, I can understand that. I can accept a team giving their all and falling short. Sometimes, the other team just has a better game or the ball bounces the wrong way a few times to where we can't get back in. I understand that entirely. But to absolutely give up like they did and explain that they were tired as NFL players is disgusting. We are all tired. When we get done with a rough week, we all feel tired. Yet, we are expected to show up daily and give our all at work. The same goes for these players. They are at work, and they should be giving their all. I'm absolutely disgusted with them. Part of me hopes we tank the next few years so that we can get players with a tougher mentality.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh, and another thing. You want to know one reason that I chose a horse fursona (aside from my mother having one in England that I knew well, the fact that I've always liked them, their loyalty, and the fact that I share a lot of personalities with horses)? One of the big reasons is because horses don't quit, and neither do I. Much like a horse, quit is not in my vocabulary. I have stars (which do make a nice decoration) on my fursuit (which is a big deal as that's a fursuit is very expensive) for the Cowboys because Cowboys are supposed to be tough and not giving up. A cowboy has to work together with his horse to achieve a goal, and neither can give up. However, unfortunately, the NFL Cowboys do quit. They do give up, and it is a massive middle finger in my book. They expect me to not quit (and not quitting is in my very nature, as made clear) on them as a fan, but they quit on us?

And this isn't the first time that I've seen them quit. I remember the game against Philly in 2008 where they had a chance to win and get in, and they quit and got crushed. I remember in 2017 several games (particularly the Broncos game) where they quit. I remember them quitting in games in 2019. I could tell they quit against Green Bay. That was a team we should have crushed. Yet, they quit at the first sign of trouble. I don't know what else to say other than I'm absolutely disgusted with them. Absolutely disgusted.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah, it's standard to protect your teammates, and that's all he was doing. Can't just spew that we are not talented enough, which is the real problem.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nah, it's standard to protect your teammates, and that's all he was doing. Can't just spew that we are not talented enough, which is the real problem.

That isn't protecting them imo, and frankly, they were talented enough to beat Green Bay. The problem is that they have a disgusting tendency to quit.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
truly believe his intention was to 100% protect his teammates and not say anything controversial. Unfortunately for d law whose not used to doing big time interviews like this and looked clearly nervous, he gave an absolute terrible embarrassing quote that will be laughed at and made fun of for a long time.

I think his intentions were good, his delivery was terrible and so was the answer that I believe he made up and aren’t his true feelings

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
truly believe his intention was to 100% protect his teammates and not say anything controversial. Unfortunately for d law whose not used to doing big time interviews like this and looked clearly nervous, he gave an absolute terrible embarrassing quote that will be laughed at and made fun of for a long time.

I think his intentions were good, his delivery was terrible and so was the answer that I believe he made up and aren’t his true feelings
I sincerely hope that was his intention. Cuz to me, it reeks of quitting.

kskboys

Reaction score
That isn't protecting them imo, and frankly, they were talented enough to beat Green Bay. The problem is that they have a disgusting tendency to quit.
It really is. And no, the team never quit. That's just the go-to answer for people who either don't want to admit we aren't talented enough or are too lazy to do some research. It was actually quite surprising that we kept playing hard til the end. GB dominated our DLine/LB's and we were inept on O due to very poor QB play. That's why we lost. The quitting spiel is simply gibberish. Stuff people love to claim.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It really is. And no, the team never quit. That's just the go-to answer for people who either don't want to admit we aren't talented enough or are too lazy to do some research. It was actually quite surprising that we kept playing hard til the end. GB dominated our DLine/LB's and we were inept on O due to very poor QB play. That's why we lost. The quitting spiel is simply gibberish. Stuff people love to claim.

It's not something that I like claiming. I know there are areas that we had as weaknesses. I've said as much. But, the idea that they gave up really bothers me. Maybe they didn't, but this kind of answer really irritates me.

kskboys

Reaction score

Absolutely. Did anyone really think he was going to say the truth, that our DT's and LB's suck?

His answer was not that terrible, and is just so obviously a cover story for the truth.

Players and coaches do this crapp all the time, no one should be freaking out at it. Hey, and they prolly were tired by halftime because they were on the field for most of the first half while our O could sustain a drive.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not something that I like claiming. I know there are areas that we had as weaknesses. I've said as much. But, the idea that they gave up really bothers me. Maybe they didn't, but this kind of answer really irritates me.
They did not give up. They were outmanned.

Your first sentence is the exact reason why people claim it was lack of effort or giving up. It's because they don't want to admit we are not talented enough.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Absolutely. Did anyone really think he was going to say the truth, that our DT's and LB's suck?

His answer was not that terrible, and is just so obviously a cover story for the truth.

Players and coaches do this crapp all the time, no one should be freaking out at it. Hey, and they prolly were tired by halftime because they were on the field for most of the first half while our O could sustain a drive.
Stop making sense dude, we don't do that here anymore.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Packers played the same number of games. If the Cowboys were tired, and I think maybe DLaw was talking out his butt, for a playoff game then there is something seriously wrong with the player. I don't think Zimmer is going to allow them to be tired in a playoff game if they make it this year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They did not give up. They were outmanned.

Your first sentence is the exact reason why people claim it was lack of effort or giving up. It's because they don't want to admit we are not talented enough.

Sure, and that could be, but you can also understand my anger with the answer he gave. It stings to my very nature.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The quote is a terrible quote and I made fun of him for it but you also need to realize he was purposefully trying to give a nothing answer that wouldn’t cause a controversy but actually did the exact opposite by giving such a terrible answer.
:hammer:Some would be surprised how he felt. He was coding.........some of his teammates didn't show up.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he was tired. He had been over at broke back dak's all night partying sheesh, and CD was pissed he wasn't invited.