Tanking in 2024

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look I’m the last guy to defend this front office but it’s a little early to say we aren’t “doing anything”. The first FA guys out of the gate were never going to be “affordable” for this team.

Plus big names don’t always = big performance. I’m going to wait and see before declaring this FA period a disaster. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time to dish that out if it’s warranted.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's still early to declare that they are tanking, but a lot of the signs point to that. No Dak extension, coaching staff on 1 year deals, walking back the all in talk. Truth is this team is probably too talented to truly be tanking, but I don't see them doing anything other than cheaper safe deals to round out the roster and hope to hit on a couple starters in the draft.

If they fail they blame McCarthy and overhaul the coaching staff and roster with more cap flexibility. If McCarthy pulls it off then Jerry looks like a genius on the cheap. It's sort of a win/win for Jerry.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like thats where they are headed. Go draft heavy, cut dak. Roll with lance, get a top 5 pick in 2025. Im all in
Wonder what # the Manning kid wants as the new Cowboy QB?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
h0s5Aih.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's still early to declare that they are tanking, but a lot of the signs point to that. No Dak extension, coaching staff on 1 year deals, walking back the all in talk. Truth is this team is probably too talented to truly be tanking, but I don't see them doing anything other than cheaper safe deals to round out the roster and hope to hit on a couple starters in the draft.

If they fail they blame McCarthy and overhaul the coaching staff and roster with more cap flexibility. If McCarthy pulls it off then Jerry looks like a genius on the cheap. It's sort of a win/win for Jerry.
I’ve had strong 2010 season vibes for this upcoming season. That was the year JJ decided to stick with Wade and the team went 1-5 out the gate, then quit on the lame duck HC.

McCarthy is way better than Wade but this is IMO setting up to be possible 2010 or 2015 type season. The good news is if that happens, it’s the only time this team rebuilds, lol.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Everything is setting up for a terrible season already. No repeat winners in the NFC in 20 years, lots of rebuilding on the roster...it might be a throwback to the Garrett 8-win seasons again!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder what # the Manning kid wants as the new Cowboy QB?
Pap he hasn’t even started a game in college yet. He’s 19. We don’t even know if he’s what he’s advertised to be yet.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pap he hasn’t even started a game in college yet. He’s 19. We don’t even know if he’s what he’s advertised to be yet.
:muttley:Opps.............Thanks for the clarification.