Tanking is one of the most cowardly things a team could do

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you. They are mediocre. Like I said above, I just disagree with you on WHY they are mediocre. Its not because of their lack of top 4 picks IMO. You don't need top picks consistently to contend.

Maybe not.. You need a QB outplaying his contract or an elite player at the QB position.

We currently have neither.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know about a better team. If you have a team full of players who are accustom to losing or okay with tanking then you've already lost your locker room. These players are playing for incentives and bonuses and you think you can get away with telling them to take off games? Let's see how that works lol.
If those players have already lost the season due to their poor play, they'd better do as I say or they can turn in their pink slips and get shipped out. Due to their performance, if their play has cost the season with a month left to play, they had best understand what is at play for the best of the team's future. If not...if they want to be selfish...BYE! WE DON'T NEED YOU! YOU WERE GIVEN EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE THE SEASON WHEN IT MATTERED...BUT YOU FAILED. NOW THE TEAM HAS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BEST POSITION ITSELF TO REBUILD. THOSE PLAYERS FORCED MY HAND AS GM/HC. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ACCOUNTABILITY...BYE!

The same goes for stubborn fans...BYE!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
What kills me about the tankers is that they are the same ones who got upset with Xavier Woods saying he doesn't give 100% on every play........but then turn around and want to tank lol.

Prove this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe not.. You need a QB outplaying his contract or an elite player at the QB position.

This is the narrative you want it to be to justify your dislike of Dak getting his contract. But the fact of the matter is Dak next season will cost 22 million against the cap...so when this team goes out there and misses the playoffs or does whatever they do.....his cap hit won't be any higher than what Tom Brady's was last year when they won the Super Bowl.

I just find it odd you don't acknowledge the other pieces on this team. So you believe the Chiefs would've won a Super Bowl without Tyreke Hill and Kelce? Or the Buccaneers would've won the Super Bowl without their defense making plays? You can't sit here and really believe all it takes is a cheap QB contract. Because if you did....explain why Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, James Winston and other 1st overall picks don't have rings? Where is Jared Goff's ring? Where's Matthew Stafford's?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If those players have already lost the season due to their poor play, they'd better do as I say or they can turn in their pink slips and get shipped out. Due to their performance, if their play has cost the season with a month left to play, they had best understand what is at play for the best of the team's future. If not...if they want to be selfish...BYE! WE DON'T NEED YOU! YOU WERE GIVEN EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO SAVE THE SEASON WHEN IT MATTERED...BUT YOU FAILED. NOW THE TEAM HAS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BEST POSITION ITSELF TO REBUILD. THOSE PLAYERS FORCED MY HAND AS GM/HC. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ACCOUNTABILITY...BYE!

The same goes for stubborn fans...BYE!

So you scout them to win. You draft them so they can win. You pay them because you want to win. But NOW you want to cut them because they are trying to win? Not only is that silly but its incredibly unrealistic. Who in the hell is going to look JJ Watt in his eyes and tell a guy who's come back from ACL injuries and gives 110% every down to now suck so they can get a good pick. Yeah JJ how about you stink it up and have poor film out there for me when you aren't even in our future plans....You can't be serious.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you scout them to win. You draft them so they can win. You pay them because you want to win. But NOW you want to cut them because they are trying to win? Not only is that silly but its incredibly unrealistic. Who in the hell is going to look JJ Watt in his eyes and tell a guy who's come back from ACL injuries and gives 110% every down to now suck so they can get a good pick. Yeah JJ how about you stink it up and have poor film out there for me when you aren't even in our future plans....You can't be serious.
Clearly, YOU DON'T GET IT.

You don't get rid of your studs.

I would beat you in building a better, more responsible and accountable team. Seriously.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Clearly, YOU DON'T GET IT.

You don't get rid of your studs.

I would beat you in building a better, more responsible and accountable team. Seriously.
Oh no I GET IT. Anyone who watches the NFL year in and year out gets out. What you are describing is not realistic. You think you can tell your "scrubs" to play horrible and it will result in tanking? What incentive does a "scrub" have in intentionally playing bad? What you are doing is what I do in Madden in franchise mode. What you're describing is not realistic.

But you wouldn't because you are building a team full of losers. And we know one thing about losers and players who don't care about winning....they never win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh no I GET IT. Anyone who watches the NFL year in and year out gets out. What you are describing is not realistic. You think you can tell your "scrubs" to play horrible and it will result in tanking? What incentive does a "scrub" have in intentionally playing bad? What you are doing is what I do in Madden in franchise mode. What you're describing is not realistic.

But you wouldn't because you are building a team full of losers. And we know one thing about losers and players who don't care about winning....they never win.
Believe what you want to believe. With your way, there is no accountability or better rebuilding.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In my opinion. It’s one of the most cowardly things a team could do. Nothing positive comes from it. It can destroy a locker room. It creates a losing mentality. All those people that want us to tank and lose games on purpose. What a waste it would’ve been. It would not have given us a better First round draft choice. Specifically because we’re going to be able to take the best Defensive player in this draft. I hope this such a great example of why you never tank . You just don’t know what the result of it is going to bring. Other than Negativity. Go cowboys hope you have a great draft

Some of you guys just arent smart enough to understand the difference between rooting for a loss and wanting your team to lose on purpose.

Now on the other side of the coin, if you cant understand the benefit of higher draft position then you have no business in a football conversation. After all, there is an entire value chart made up by Jimmy Johnson that EVERY team in the NFL uses for moving up and down on trades.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree, do not tank. However many on here will blast us for this. For they do not understand.:laugh:

At first I seen the thread title, I thought one of these so called fans was saying to tank 2021 already. :lmao2:
That is how this place is and has become, it makes one think negative thoughts about everything thread started. :muttley:

Dont tank, just lose.

Its actually the same concept as playing a rookie QB over a veteran QB that will get you a few more wins. You are living with the losses in the short term for the good of the team long term.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It needs to come from management and not the coach.

Management needs to step in and not tell them to tank but get them to play some guys that maybe shouldn't be playing.

You don't have to stop effort on the field from players and coaches in order to tank.

The Jets losing Trevor Lawrence was just moronic and that win they got against whoever it was does nothing for that franchise going forward besides losing the best QB prospect in a long time.

Yes because #1 QB's have been SO brilliantly successful in this league.

:facepalm:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Go use the search function on this site why do I have to prove that to you?

Because you made the claim which requires finding said posters, their comments about Woods, then juxtapose them against their tanking position to validate your broad brush statement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because you made the claim which requires finding said posters, their comments about Woods, then juxtapose them against their tanking position to validate your broad brush statement.
So knowing this site has no search function how on earth would you like for me to prove this to you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he already way outplayed his 4th rounder contract.

plus, you know his cap hit is 22M next season? 3M less than Brady last year

Catch17 foot, meet his mouth LOL

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
he already way outplayed his 4th rounder contract.

plus, you know his cap hit is 22M next season? 3M less than Brady last year

Catch17 foot, meet his mouth LOL

Key word is currently.

Comprehension fails you again. CATCH17 wins again.

conner01

Reaction score
IF you draft a franchise changing player and have a decade of success people will look past you being a "coward" for a few weeks.
You don’t really have to tank
All we had to do is get all the young players who rarely seen the field some reps
See if Gilbert could be your backup
You don’t go out and tell your team to lose but you take advantage of the situation to get a guy like Anae reps and others