Tanking is one of the most cowardly things a team could do

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Key word is currently.

Comprehension fails you again. CATCH17 wins again.
catch17 wins again :muttley::lmao2::lmao::laugh::muttley::laugh::lmao:

so you are the same guy who predicted Zach Wilson is good and you have known about him and he would be a great pick. but He could fail. so he could fail or succeed.

you are a funny funny funny dude.....I love reading your posts for entertainment....Sunday comics like

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
catch17 wins again :muttley::lmao2::lmao::laugh::muttley::laugh::lmao:

so you are the same guy who predicted Zach Wilson is good and you have known about him and he would be a great pick. but He could fail. so he could fail or succeed.

you are a funny funny funny dude.....I love reading your posts for entertainment....Sunday comics like

And you're the same weirdo in a group of 3 or 4 weirdo's who constantly quote me looking for something negative to say even though I give a crap about your stupid opinions. :laugh::facepalm::muttley::muttley::laugh:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Clearly, YOU DON'T GET IT.

You don't get rid of your studs.

I would beat you in building a better, more responsible and accountable team. Seriously.

sure you do....that’s were the most bang for your bucks are.....just ask the Dolphins who traded away there star players for draft picks. Now the in great shape as a team along with two 1st round picks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I’m not arguing that top teams don’t tend to have great QBs, but I do think it’s lazy analysis if that is where we end the discussion.

the pats won 7 games last year after losing Brady, were in cap hell, and had multiple starters on defense sit the year out because of COVID. Last time Brady missed a year they still won 10 games. Even Pittsburgh stayed relevant without Ben in 2019.

the cowboys by comparison who more often than not people buy into how loaded they are with talent have struggled to win at all without Dak/Romo.

Detroit had a pretty good qb and still couldn’t win. Miami has been picking high in the draft for years, still can’t develop a qb. The jets continue to take qbs high and can’t do anything.

you have to develop a full roster to win it all, some teams have done a significantly better job than others at that.
it was amazing how awesome the Chiefs did at developing a roster as soon as Mr. Mahomes took over. damn, what a coincidence.....lol Im laughing with you... not trying to be all confrontational here.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That's the point I was making. @CATCH17 said he'd rather be horrible and get a top 2 pick as opposed to being mediocre.....7-9, 6-10,8-8.....these are the records of examples you just gave.

My point was...there's no history of teams going 2-14 and going on to win a Super Bowl. So this notion that in order to be a great team you have to be a bad team is not only misguided but its not true.
well...... bad is a relative term in todays NFL..lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
sure you do....that’s were the most bang for your bucks are.....just ask the Dolphins who traded away there star players for draft picks. Now the in great shape as a team along with two 1st round picks.
and no matter what kind of shape they are in, they will live in mediocrity if Tua doesnt work out , or someone else doesnt take over and become a stud.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of you guys just arent smart enough to understand the difference between rooting for a loss and wanting your team to lose on purpose.

Now on the other side of the coin, if you cant understand the benefit of higher draft position then you have no business in a football conversation. After all, there is an entire value chart made up by Jimmy Johnson that EVERY team in the NFL uses for moving up and down on trades.
It has nothing to do with it understanding. The results of it. Good or bad. Justifying it. For any reason is a losing attitude. I will never root for my team To lose. Not give 100%. Even if you’re down 30 points.

starfan1

Reaction score
it was amazing how awesome the Chiefs did at developing a roster as soon as Mr. Mahomes took over. damn, what a coincidence.....lol Im laughing with you... not trying to be all confrontational here.
I will say the chiefs were in pretty good spot even before mahomes. Alex smith had them in the playoffs and battling for AFC. What the chiefs have done is they were willing to spend money on defense in FA something the cowboys have been poor at. It wasn't until their defense got better that Patrick made the next step. JMO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
agree with OP but you cant fix stupid. apparently alot people sitting in their rocking chair haven't played sports. Now i haven't played for money professionally and maybe that's a different mindset (doubt it) but the sports i have played in you dont quit or not give 100% to try and win. You owe it to your brothers who sweat with you and put in the work.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Getting your **** pushed in on defense, and teams running all over you for 200-300 yards per game. That’s pretty cowardly too.
That’s what Jimmy Johnson said.But you don’t do it on purpose there’s a difference

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well sometimes you need to get worse to get better. Especially in a league with a salary cap like the NFL.

Or you could use the Dallas method and constantly stay mediocre.

The Cowboys are here for relevancy and mediocrity. They made that clear with the Dak signing. So you'll get your honorable football and we'll get to watch risk takers like the Bucs in the Superbowl.
Yes sometimes you need to get worse to get better. Maybe they should’ve got Tony Romo help , Rather than just be average all those .years. But I’d still rather be average and do it correctly like we’ve done.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What kills me about the tankers is that they are the same ones who got upset with Xavier Woods saying he doesn't give 100% on every play........but then turn around and want to tank lol.
You have to love the hypocrisy, my cowboy brother. I love your integrity. Morals

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes sometimes you need to get worse to get better. Maybe they should’ve got Tony Romo help , Rather than just be average all those .years. But I’d still rather be average and do it correctly like we’ve done.

Not me..

I'd rather win championships. Mediocrity stinks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And you're the same weirdo in a group of 3 or 4 weirdo's who constantly quote me looking for something negative to say even though I give a crap about your stupid opinions. :laugh::facepalm::muttley::muttley::laugh:
yet you respond!?

you Dak haters are always so angry? hate is not a good thing. it will fester and eat you from the inside.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
and no matter what kind of shape they are in, they will live in mediocrity if Tua doesnt work out , or someone else doesnt take over and become a stud.

The one thing I have learned is there is no proven method. Every outcome has an outlier in the NFL. Miami sucked it up for Tua just like Indianapolis did for Andrew Luck. But the Dolphins sure looked pretty good last year and primed to do it agin this year.

not to mention there sitting pretty nice in the first round of this years draft.

Don’t forget the Cowboys sucked it up last year and have nothing to show for it....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I will say the chiefs were in pretty good spot even before mahomes. Alex smith had them in the playoffs and battling for AFC. What the chiefs have done is they were willing to spend money on defense in FA something the cowboys have been poor at. It wasn't until their defense got better that Patrick made the next step. JMO
We must be watching different games. mahomes took over and the chiefs were nowhere near a SB. They were nothing more than a solid team that could be anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 and MAYBE win 1 playoff game and then they were gonna be done. The Chiefs won 12 games 1 time in the previous 11 seasons prior to Mahomes...... they have won 12-14-12 in the three since he took over.

Starting in 2015 and moving to 2020 here are the chiefs points per season: 25.3, 23.8, 25.6, 34.8, 29.9, 28.5.

Take a guess the season Mahomes took over.

Starting in 2015 and going to 2020 this is the Chiefs Points allowed per game: 17.4, 19.4, 21.2, 26.2, 20.2, 22.8

So defense actually has allowed more points since Mahomes took over. The year he took over, the defense was statistically WAY worse as far as points per game.... and yet when they had the number 1 defense as far as points allowed in 2015, they made it through 1 wildcard game and got the boot. No elite QB and statistically you arent gonna do well.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yup, tanking leads to nothing good

We would have Lawrence as a potential franchise quarterback and save 40 million against the salary cap

Yup, nothing positive about tanking........and as for ethics and morality, they when out the door some time ago

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yup, tanking leads to nothing good

We would have Lawrence as a potential franchise quarterback and save 40 million against the salary cap

Yup, nothing positive about tanking........and as for ethics and morality, they when out the door some time ago

:laugh: