Tanking sentiment on the board

Mr_437

Reaction score
Nobody around to blame anymore. It's Jerry, Stephen, JG, Scotty and Dak's fault. You can only go up the latter so far, and that stops at HC if your a Cowboys fan.

On topic: this group will organically tank, so no worries.

Just hope Zeke takes care of body at this time, and defense plays even better the next few months.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ain't no tanker. I expect my team to give everything they have until the very end. And from just a realist's approach, they're paid to play their best, not to win. And those patrons that pay good money deserve to see a team leave nothing in the locker room.

That is not to say what I think is best for this team. Whatever that loss number is to get a coaching change, I am in favor of that. I am in favor of going for a QB in this draft and Herbert is the guy I want.

The bottom line is I don't think they need to tank, they will lose enough trying to win to put themselves in a position to trade up and get the guy they need to build the offense around.

Sydla

Reaction score
Tanking sets a culture of losing. You don't try to lose one year and then turn it around the next. This team is young. They should play and practice hard and create a pattern of winning.

Now if you want a high draft pick for a QB, for example, it is better to figure out how to get one without asking your team to quit.

This angle where losing a lot of games in a season breeds a culture of losing is totally ridiculous.

And frankly, I doubt any NFL team would "tank". But the real issue here is whether or not it would be better for this team to just be bad enough to lose a lot of games? There's a good case to be made that it would be better.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Wanting the team to tank makes a lot more sense than wanting them to go 8-8.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Lol my gosh. What a bunch of give ups.

Our division is a complete cluster. If the Commanders lose tonight (likely), then we are half a game out of first. The goal is making the playoffs and that is still very much alive.
SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

It had to be done... :D

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
No need to "tank"......we do it automatically..........we'll go out "Garrett style".....meaning after we're mathematically eliminated from contention, we'll reel off a few wins just to screw up our drafting order.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Tanking sets a culture of losing. You don't try to lose one year and then turn it around the next. This team is young. They should play and practice hard and create a pattern of winning.

Now if you want a high draft pick for a QB, for example, it is better to figure out how to get one without asking your team to quit.
Exactly. Tanking is just a nice word for being a quitter. Quitters are losers plain and simple. There are tons of them here at CZ.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I ain't no tanker. I expect my team to give everything they have until the very end. And from just a realist's approach, they're paid to play their best, not to win. And those patrons that pay good money deserve to see a team leave nothing in the locker room.

That is not to say what I think is best for this team. Whatever that loss number is to get a coaching change, I am in favor of that. I am in favor of going for a QB in this draft and Herbert is the guy I want.

The bottom line is I don't think they need to tank, they will lose enough trying to win to put themselves in a position to trade up and get the guy they need to build the offense around.

the problem is that the teams with teams with a worse record all need qbs (giants, bucs)

aria

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
I guess you weren’t paying attention last year around week 8-9.

Tanking is for losers. While I don’t have much hope for the Cowboys this season I sure as hell will never advocate nor support losing on purpose or for the players not giving 100% every play.

aria

Reaction score

Well said.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the problem is that the teams with teams with a worse record all need qbs (giants, bucs)
And the Raiders, the tricky part is will one of those 3 be in the driver's seat or will the Cowboys end up with the worst record? I can't see them at a 2-14 or 3-13 with this defense but some injuries could affect that.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And the Raiders, the tricky part is will one of those 3 be in the driver's seat or will the Cowboys end up with the worst record? I can't see them at a 2-14 or 3-13 with this defense but some injuries could affect that.

as a start, let zeke fully recover from his leg thing. let tfred fully recover.
there goes the offense.

CPanther95

Reaction score
The NFL will never allow a team to intentionally tank a season for a high draft pick ...

... unless you can come up with a clever title for the campaign like "Suck for Luck".