Tanks seeks 22.5, Cowboys offer 20

conner01

Reaction score
Tank is a really good player, but paying him $20M/year will handcuff this team and I don't feel he is that good. I would have expected a $20M/year player to have more of a presence in the Divisional game.
Tank is a much better player than fans give him credit for
He’s not Mack but he’s a very complete player
I remember fans bashing Ware because his sacks weren’t on 3rd downs
Reality is he’s pretty dang good and worth 20
The biggest issue at this point to me is the 20 actually has a logical thought process behind it, 22 doesn’t and he’s messed around and all but wasted half a season not getting surgery

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tank is a much better player than fans give him credit for
He’s not Mack but he’s a very complete player
I remember fans bashing Ware because his sacks weren’t on 3rd downs
Reality is he’s pretty dang good and worth 20
The biggest issue at this point to me is the 20 actually has a logical thought process behind it, 22 doesn’t and he’s messed around and all but wasted half a season not getting surgery
you watch...his availability come week 1 will be in doubt...and I will be furious.

conner01

Reaction score
Take it before they change their minds..yup.
They could just because half the first season he’s kinda wasted not having his surgery
It seems fairly close in the great scheme but the timing with the recovery time after surgery had to be considered

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible that they'll end up at around $21 mil and change or so and end it at that.

It's not a stretch to believe that they're close enough that it can be settled with both sides delighted.

They might see fit to act like they're so far apart to their heart's content but that is just not the case.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
So Dallas is offering $20 a season and limited reps in training camp.

And Dlaw is saying no???

He should be all over that deal.
I’ve always thought 20 was the right number
By it going this long and he not having surgery he cost himself half a season and the season you pay the most
The decision to not have surgery was a very selfish move
I read a study of players having this surgery
Huge success rate so it’s not like a big risk and you could probably have worked out insurance to protect himself
The surgery should have been done right after season and he might be actually getting 22 now

Bowdown27

Reaction score
The starting point kinda had to be 20 with the tag being that but if they’re this close meet in the middle so can get surgery done and we can focus on the draft and maybe trading for Quinn

DRella

Reaction score
I personally don't think Lawrence is worth a penny more then 18-19 million a season, so if the offer being reported is true the Cowboys have done their part and this is sad if Lawrence is really holding out for what is being reported. I don't see this going on for much longer. A deal should get done soon. How much more respect does Lawrence want

conner01

Reaction score
you watch...his availability come week 1 will be in doubt...and I will be furious.
I don’t think it’s possible he even practices by week one
I read a study about the surgery specifically on NFL players
The avg time till they played first game was 8.6 months
Now most likely had surgery right after season and no reason to play a vet in pre season so that may effect the avg but it’s a significant recovery time and because of the type of surgery no lifting

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Just posing a question. Is a DE that doesn't line up against the LT worth that much? We like to jump on Taco, and rightly so, but he's lining up against the best Olineman on the other side while the RT is often the weakest link. Tank didn't show against the Rams, not because of sacks, but because they ran inside and outside at will against us. Our entire run D didn't show. Yeah, Donald didn't get a sack but we couldn't run on them.