Tanks seeks 22.5, Cowboys offer 20

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was not yelling, I had a problem with my keyboard and the bold got stuck on for a couple of hours. I made a post about it but you were apparently to lazy to go read it. You just jumped to conclusions as usual.
I saw you whining about your *****cat to Corso but that was over an hour AFTER I posted

You apologized to him and insulted me....so don't give me any crap

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I saw you whining about your *****cat to Corso but that was over an hour AFTER I posted

You apologized to him and insulted me....so don't give me any crap

He asked me why the bold was on..….you accused me of yelling/temper tantrum...…………..big difference.

And how dare you insult Mr. Sparke……….I got your apology right here, just got to drop my pants first:grin:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's funny. For a guy that disappears in the back part of a season and is a non-factor in the playoffs that wants over 10% of the cap (one of 53 players, mind you) and who refused to intelligently get his shoulder fixed when he should have? Trade the diva.

He doesn't touch the ball every play like a QB. He doesn't dominate games. While the Cowboys are having trouble with the position due to their own mistakes, don't let this greedy diva have his way. Find a player that plays with intensity ALL SEASON LONG
Pretty awesome post,bro!:thumbup:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Thanks Nostradumbas...... you know everything

A dictionary would really help you out, I got a link a can provide to you if you dont know how to use Google yourself.

A calculator would help you also considering your posts about the cap, but that is an entirely different subject.;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
God forbid he actually earns his money

His agent says he already has.

Besides, aint you the supposed cap guru (lol) that says the Cowboys pretend to be cap poor because they can free up like $50 million in like 5 mins, but you are on here crying about DLaw wanting $22 instead of $20?

Why the hell should it matter, a measly two million, if there is so much cap that can be created?

Mr. Sparkes is also wondering the exact same thing, for a cap guru that claims there is plenty of room you sure do whine a lot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Meet in the middle at $21.5 and get it done GEESH

That's what probably should happen if both sides were agreeable to a compromise. Time is of the essence for both, it seems to me. Waiting should rightfully cause DL's value to depreciate if this waiting game goes on any longer. As it is, he'd barely be ready for the regular season if all goes well. If cooler heads prevail, I would think both sides would be wise to settle this thing ASAP. Further delay benefits nobody at this point, imho.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Here is the deal fellas, the Cowboys started out with a low ball offer of $17 million and DLaw and his agent laughed in their face and said to call them when they get serious about a deal.

So the Cowboys then upped the ante to $20 million a season, but they cut the guaranteed amount in the first offer to make up for the increased AAV. Again, DLaw and his agent laughed in their face.

So the obvious solution is just to give DLaw his $20 million that he originally asked for, but with the guarantees that were in the first offer. A competent FO would have this ironed out by lunch time tomorrow, but Jerry and his idiot boy could screw up a wet dream so I dont look for this to be settled anytime soon.
Ya wanna know something? Man,that bold cap lock action don't bother me at all,as I can concisely register with great clarity in reading the post ( to Witt: FACILITIES) that lame sniveling feigned affront of personal umbrage keyboardist bleat on about how yer' colored letters & font sizing is somehow painful to their ears( that's rich, as one of these days I'll relay the debilitating hearing loss recieved leaning over an tripod mounted m-60 with an amtrac 15 yd off my left&right rear area popping off overhead with their single MountM-2's. in triangle amassed pin point firepower formation for the entire BLT's assault activities) is &was absolutely HILARIOUS to me( I've long ago deduced that those who are offended enough to complain about it are mentally fragile to begin with) ,,,& when the return fire of
" uncouth,no class & etiquette deficient " come back,,, Ha! They can just bend over while grabbing their ankles & I'll top off their tanks in those above mentioned areas they deem distasteful,,,er,,,and found woefully inadequate in their casing-liners of those traitso_O

*from chapter #4 of my as yet to be released self-help book " The Paradox of insightful Parody ":starspin:

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That's what probably should happen if both sides were agreeable to a compromise. Time is of the essence for both, it seems to me. Waiting should rightfully cause DL's value to depreciate if this waiting game goes on any longer. As it is, he'd barely be ready for the regular season if all goes well. If cooler heads prevail, I would think both sides would be wise to settle this thing ASAP. Further delay benefits nobody at this point, imho.

Good points...……..….hopefully this negotiating thru the media will stop, they all sit down and hammer out a fair agreement for both sides.

If the team is offering $20 and DLaw wants $22, it should not be that hard to compromise with something in between. Now if the problem is the guaranteed money, that is a different story. If DLaw wants $70 million and the team is offering $40 million, then that's obviously not close at all.

So I guess we shall see...……….I do know one thing, without Gregory and DLaw that is almost 20 sacks gone. Not sure how we make that up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Ya wanna know something? Man,that bold cap lock action don't bother me at all,as I can concisely register with great clarity in reading the post ( to Witt: FACILITIES) that lame sniveling feigned affront of personal umbrage keyboardist bleat on about how yer' colored letters & font sizing is somehow painful to their ears, is &was absolutely HILARIOUS to me( I've long ago deduced that those who are offended enough to complain about it are mentally fragile to begin with) ,,,& when the return fire of
" uncouth,no class & etiquette deficient " come back,,, Ha! They can just bend over while grabbing their ankles & I'll top off their tanks in those above mentioned areas they deem distasteful,,,er,,,and found woefully inadequate in their casing-liners of those traitso_O

*from chapter #4 of my as yet to be released self-help book " The Paradox of insightful Parody ":starspin:

Me and Mr. Sparkles appreciate the kind words.:thumbup:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Meh. Average salary means little.

How much guaranteed over how many years?

I do like that Tank upped his ask. He's got Jerry by the short hairs and will keep squeezing to get Jerry to up his offer again.

My real hope is that a deal *doesn't* get done. But I appreciate Tank's (or his agent's) hard bargaining.
Its nice to see Jerry squirm and my attitude changes day to day on this but I kinda hope Lawrence doesnt get his way. Thats just too much money for a guy that doesnt touch the ball every down and disappears in big games. He wants to be paid like a superstar but the difference is the superstar makes big plays in big games.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
and if he gets that $2.5mil in almost any other state, it's gone to state taxes. seems a strange sticking point at this juncture.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
From how I’ve heard it, DLaw said don’t tag me (as you told me you wouldn’t) and before the tag deadline he was agreeable to $20 million per (guaranteed I don’t know). Then he got tagged cutting him off from FA. Once he was kept from FA by their move and unable to see what his market was the team suddenly thought $20 million was fine now. It’s logical he’d assume the team thought it would be higher than the $20 million if he made FA or they would have kept their offer lower. So if I get cut off from seeing my number in the market, and I was told one thing and had another done to me (tag) as far as I saw it, and I see Flowers (a much worse player in my mind) get $58 million guaranteed, then I’m reassessing my number to the organization and coming back at a higher number. Also the shoulder is his only leverage for getting something done now so he doesn’t miss time. If the Cowboys can’t see how their dealings in this can be construed by the player as less than honest and the player now feels like he’s got to play hardball to be fair to himself and his people, they are fools. I have no problem with how DLaw is responding to the organization’s moves.

As I have said he has the right to ask for whatever he wants that is between him and his agent. However there are 2 sides and the Cowboys upped their offer but they also as a team know they have more than DLaw and they know how they have their cap structured not just for today but other deals coming this season and next. For the player all he has to do is worry about himself, the organization has several they must deal with. I think a deal will be done but if not I would not put DLaw welfare above the team.