Tanks seeks 22.5, Cowboys offer 20

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You guys are missing the point. Originally Tank wanted 20 million a year. After Dallas agreed, Tanks agent upped it to 22 million. Sorry but i don't like that and while i hate to lose him im trading him to buffalo

You are not trading him to Buffalo or to anywhere for that matter...………..He never signed his tag, so he is not considered under contract.

All the tag does is give you exclusive negotiating rights, but that is it. You cannot trade a player on a franchise tag until he signs it and Tank is not going to sign his tag, both him and his agent have stated this.

starfan1

Reaction score
If DLaw doesn't play, we probably dont win more than 6 games, probably 7 max.
Wow some fans really over rate players I’d be more concerned if it was zeke or Dak ( because of no plan) b.

I think we’ll be just fine without him as long as we find a Quinn or anzah and a decent draft pick

I

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So how does this info get out? is it the team or player's side leaking info?

Here is the deal fellas, the Cowboys started out with a low ball offer of $17 million and DLaw and his agent laughed in their face and said to call them when they get serious about a deal.

So the Cowboys then upped the ante to $20 million a season, but they cut the guaranteed amount in the first offer to make up for the increased AAV. Again, DLaw and his agent laughed in their face.

So the obvious solution is just to give DLaw his $20 million that he originally asked for, but with the guarantees that were in the first offer. A competent FO would have this ironed out by lunch time tomorrow, but Jerry and his idiot boy could screw up a wet dream so I dont look for this to be settled anytime soon.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When ET visited, he wanted $14 a season and Dallas offered $11 a season...……$3 million difference and we told him to get lost.

If we would have paid that, he would have signed that night and would never have even been on the radar for the Ravens.

So penny pinching cost us the best safety in the NFL...……….only bright side is that missing the playoffs is the end of Garrett.
I wouldn’t assume that’s a given and be careful what we wish for. The next puppet could be worse.

I still think we’ll sign Lawrence anyway eventually coming closer to his demands.

Reactions: CWR

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
How bout we give him 23per with only two years guaranteed but it’s a potential 6 year deal?

Give us 3 double digit sack seasons with all the trimmings and you will get paid accordingly.. I believe he can do it...

Meh - Respect The Process

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
that may be but too often I see re all sports, posters simply stating the player should accept X dollars. I always wonder why do fans care what a player is paid. If Jerry wants to risk losing a player over 2.5 million, that is up to him, but if he does, don't complain if we get no sacks next year. I find fans in all sports support the owners way too much.

Fans also think it's just something as simple as that 2.5 million. It's also about the guaranteed money, length of the contract, how that contract is structured, egos (owners/players/agents/family), effect on future signings/contracts, etc that aren't known that may also be holding the deal up. A couple days ago fans just thought Jerry was being cheap, now that it's been said it was $20 million now many of those same fans are saying Tank is being greedy. Tank is a really good player, not a great player and he wants great player money and he needs surgery. Tank thinks he's being disrespected and Jerry should also feel disrespected since we're looking at paying a player $20 million or more that hasn't gotten that surgery yet. For top dollar he better be in top form sooner not later. $22 million is a lot of money and it's hard to fault Jerry or any other GM thinking hard if that money might be better invested in a different player/players.

We need a pass rush and yeah, we are in a bit of corner with Tank, but any deal we work now, we are basically locked with him for 3-4 years. Paying market price is one thing, but this is a player looking to set a new market price and there is a legitimate question if he is worth that price, again he is very good but can/will he be great. This isn't a player like Donald, Thomas or Julio that has played at elite levels for multiple years.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If $20MM was the number he wanted and the Cowboys offer it and then the player says, "well yeah, now I changed my mind, I want more............" yes that's on the player and his agent.

The Cowboys reportedly cut the guarantees when they upped their offer, so its not moving the goalpost.

If that is indeed the case, I dont blame DLaw. You dont up the offer and then cut the guarantees you were fine with on the first offer to compensate. That is not negotiating in good faith on the Cowboys part IMO.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry should just make DLaw a minority owner in the family business and hope his broken wing is okay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Payton becomes available, like all the smoke signals are saying:
There will be no scapegoat for Garrett.

If not... you could very well be right.
It’s difficult for me to believe Jerry’s ready to let a proven HC come in and take credit if we have success.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Fans also think it's just something as simple as that 2.5 million. It's also about the guaranteed money, length of the contract, how that contract is structured, egos (owners/players/agents/family), effect on future signings/contracts, etc that aren't known that may also be holding the deal up. A couple days ago fans just thought Jerry was being cheap, now that it's been said it was $20 million now many of those same fans are saying Tank is being greedy. Tank is a really good player, not a great player and he wants great player money and he needs surgery. Tank thinks he's being disrespected and Jerry should also feel disrespected since we're looking at paying a player $20 million or more that hasn't gotten that surgery yet. For top dollar he better be in top form sooner not later. $22 million is a lot of money and it's hard to fault Jerry or any other GM thinking hard if that money might be better invested in a different player/players.

We need a pass rush and yeah, we are in a bit of corner with Tank, but any deal we work now, we are basically locked with him for 3-4 years. Paying market price is one thing, but this is a player looking to set a new market price and there is a legitimate question if he is worth that price, again he is very good but can/will he be great. This isn't a player like Donald, Thomas or Julio that has played at elite levels for multiple years.

given the cap keeps going up, his percentage will drop over the contract. I know it is really the guaranteed money and if I'm a player I want as teams are ruthless in cutting guys.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like the cowboys have lost Lawrence time to move on and find a way to at least survive the season looks like 2019 is going to be a down year for us

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
This wouldn't even be a debate right now if Randy were reliable and Taco wasn't soft **.

I'd say deuces tank... good luck. But we literally have no one outside of him.