Tanor Bortolini C Wisconsin

McMicah

Reaction score
yeah amazing how one inch freaks people out
I don’t think citing 1 guy that started his career in the 90s is really gonna make me come off my position. The point I’m making is that guys with those arm lengths typically do not do well at the NFL level. Only 1 going back to 2010 and I guess Saturday if we are going to look back to last century.

Could Bortelini be good? Yeah. I like his footwork and high motor, but he obviously wasn’t even that good in college cause he’s a day 3 pick, and not because of arm length. That was just discovered. So why do we think a day 3 pick with arm length that correlates to lack of success is gonna come in here and be Travis Frederick?

1942willys

Reaction score
I don’t think citing 1 guy that started his career in the 90s is really gonna make me come off my position. The point I’m making is that guys with those arm lengths typically do not do well at the NFL level. Only 1 going back to 2010 and I guess Saturday if we are going to look back to last century.

Could Bortelini be good? Yeah. I like his footwork and high motor, but he obviously wasn’t even that good in college cause he’s a day 3 pick, and not because of arm length. That was just discovered. So why do we think a day 3 pick with arm length that correlates to lack of success is gonna come in here and be Travis Frederick?
and your way means you blow it with guys like Mike Singletary
I would rather take chances then bow down to stats

Mr_437

Reaction score
These notes are from mfldraftbuzz. Saw similar elsewhere:

• His hands aren’t violent enough to stand pass rushers up early in the down, and Bortolini generally plays with poor balance.
  • Can struggle to stay engaged, especially on the second level. His hand placement can be sloppy, costing him power.
  • He’ll give effort, but doesn’t generate much power at the point of attack. He’s not the type of interior blocker who can re-establish the line of scrimmage, instead relying on angles and technique to win.
Not surprising comments. You would have to figure the trade off for all that quickness is strength/power. There’s a reason he’s not an early projection.
Sounds like a zone scheme Center.

1942willys

Reaction score
to upgrade somewhere more important. context is everything
and wrong; bluntly speaking the weak point in the O line is center; and there is arguably no place that needs it more except LB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
and wrong; bluntly speaking the weak point in the O line is center; and there is arguably no place that needs it more except LB.
I agree with Center. LB play could immediately improve with a legit DT.

Nothing is going to help your Center.