News: Tapper to IR

Craig

Reaction score
I thought you could only have one player on IR-To-Return? He's saying Collins is that guy, so Tapper is on season-ending IR.
There is no longer an ir to return. You put people on ir and can bring back one per season.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I thought you could only have one player on IR-To-Return? He's saying Collins is that guy, so Tapper is on season-ending IR.

Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster.[3] Provided that the player was on the final 53-man preseason roster (A rule exempted for the 2012 season), and that the injury is deemed to keep this player unable to practice or play football for an estimated six weeks, the player may be allowed to practice after Week 6, and be activated to play after Week 8.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster.[3] Provided that the player was on the final 53-man preseason roster (A rule exempted for the 2012 season), and that the injury is deemed to keep this player unable to practice or play football for an estimated six weeks, the player may be allowed to practice after Week 6, and be activated to play after Week 8.
That's no longer accurate. See above.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Remember they can yank him off IR in 8 weeks that is still valid.

They can only take one person off IR. They just added La'el Collins so I'd imagine they'd take him off before Tapper. I guess it all depends on how desperate we are for DE help.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
That's no longer accurate. See above.

Yes it looks like it changed this year:

Now, the team does not have to make that specific announcement when placing a player on Reserve. This will allow the team to make the decision based on the player’s rehab progression, especially if the team has multiple players on Injured Reserve. A player is eligible to return to practice after six weeks of being on reserve and eligible to be activated to the 53-man roster two weeks after that. There is a caveat to who is eligible for return: the player must be a part of the final 53-man roster at the start of the regular season. Players who were placed on Injured Reserve during training camp will not be eligible for return.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is there a doctor in the house? I'm wondering if there's a specific surgical procedure to possibly resolve Tapper's problem for the long term future.