News: Tapper to IR

Qbert

Reaction score
Nick-SB-mug_bigger.jpg
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 5m5 minutes ago

Cowboys have placed rookie DE Charles Tapper (back) on IR to make room for newly-signed OT Emmett Cleary

phildadon86

Reaction score
Stunned.

Not.

Kind of bummed. This guy was a pet cat of mine.
Me too, but Collins was as well, and hes living up to my thoughts about him as of now. Kid has made some very good plays and key ones at that for this defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nick-SB-mug_bigger.jpg
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 5m5 minutes ago

Cowboys have placed rookie DE Charles Tapper (back) on IR to make room for newly-signed OT Emmett Cleary
Glad we passed on that guy Dak Prescott early in the 4th to take Tapper.
Oh wait, we still lucked into Dak much later in the 4th round
Brilliant drafting!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Him and Gregory will be back stronger than ever next year...which is great because now we can focus on offense in the draft!! More firepower :starspin:

John813

Reaction score
Sigh.
So just D-Law is our only hope for a better pass rush now.

Satchel89

Reaction score
And I was talking about how he would make an impact and surprise some people. I should of known better then to do that when it comes to defensive players on this team. It's almost like a curse. Matt Johnson. He get put on IR and then the next season he makes a tackle in the preseason and then he's lost for another year. Holloman the linebacker from a couple of years ago who looked good and then he got injured and never seen again. It's sickening to think of the players on the defense that will not see the field this season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone really think Tapper was going to come in and contribute anyway, after missing almost all of TC. Maybe later in the season but then maybe not.
They can still bring him back after 8 weeks though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Disappointing, but unsurprising news. Just curious if his back will ever cooperate down the road.
I think it was Doc50 who said that he should be getting surgery for that condition.