Tapper was waived by the Jets on Friday

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So now were moving to QB's?

Its a general statement. And like all statements or rules, there are always exceptions.

Would it make you feel better if I said "generally" if you cant dominate in college then you wont dominate in the pro's?

Im talking about Tapper here. The guy was never great anywhere.

If I said that "the best players are going to garner the highest salaries." Are you going to tell me that I am wrong and throw up Brady again? LOL

Funny how Brady is always the guy that everyone uses to disprove what someone says. The guy is the best of all time.

Your "general statement" is used regularly by internet know-it-alls, whose after-the-fact analysis is intended to portray themselves as a talent guru.

Those of us who have been around the block a few times know BS when we see it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
IIRC he found out about in camp.

It apparently is something that has existed since he was a child, and it was never properly diagnosed. He awoke one morning in camp and was unable to move his leg. The injury was then identified, and indications are that he is healing fine (although there is no indication of what was done to treat it). He is expected to miss the first game of the season, but hopes to be back shortly.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...l-charles-tapper-fractured-vertebra-tony-romo

Properly diagnosed. Room for wiggle.

Maybe I remember it wrong, or am confusing it with a story of a known problem for someone else. Maybe not too.

But thanks for the story. I'll take it under advisement.

Wikipedia has it your way too.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Tapper is a guy I was dead wrong about. I thought he would be a 10 sack per season player by this point. He was definitely an elite athlete, I really thought he would be an above average player.
You weren’t wrong. I thought the same thing. His body isn’t holding up. Showed his talent opening week against giants in 2017.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your "general statement" is used regularly by internet know-it-alls, whose after-the-fact analysis is intended to portray themselves as a talent guru.

Those of us who have been around the block a few times know BS when we see it.

Oh, poor guy. You must have been one of the fools that though Tapper was going to be great. LOL

You didn't need to be a know it all to figure out Tapper was garbage. And you don't need to be a talent guru. Some fans are just better than others. Maybe next time you just shut up and listen.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, poor guy. You must have been one of the fools that though Tapper was going to be great. LOL

You didn't need to be a know it all to figure out Tapper was garbage. And you don't need to be a talent guru. Some fans are just better than others. Maybe next time you just shut up and listen.

You can’t know that with certainty until after the fact. There certainly were reasons to feel Tapper had a chance to be good. He had 7 sacks as a senior despite playing DE in a 3-4 scheme and actually playing inside on a lot of passing downs, plus he ran 4.59 at the combine, which is blazing for a man his size. Had he not had the previously undiagnosed back condition that had been with him since birth he may well have at least been a decent rotational player.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was one of the very few who never thought much of him.