Target on Jason Garrett

Blitzen

Reaction score
And the rest of the coaching staff, Dak, and anyone else there are questions about with regards to the entire makeup of the squad. This is Stephen's gig and as more time passes it becomes more clear. The only reason Jason Witten is still with the squad is because of his positive influence on everyone in the locker room and especially Dak.

They are hoping that the offense runs over other teams and if not, then wholesale changes are coming next offseason. I know everyone thinks it is hyperbole to say that Jason is ever on the hot seat, but I don't think Stephen is as buddy buddy with Jason as his dad. I think this could all end with a brand new coaching arrangement (depending on the season results).

I don't think Stephen really cares if the team gets smoked in the upcoming season-I think he actually cares about tearing some stuff down and beginning again if it means more post-season success. What say you?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I hope Stephen's the one in charge now about damn time Jerry has little to no say. I hope Stephen can be a ruthless GM able to make decisions without emotional attachment to the players unlike his dad or be smart enough to hire someone like this.

Big_D

Reaction score
Maybe this will be the thing that finally gets Garrett out of here?!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the rest of the coaching staff, Dak, and anyone else there are questions about with regards to the entire makeup of the squad. This is Stephen's gig and as more time passes it becomes more clear. The only reason Jason Witten is still with the squad is because of his positive influence on everyone in the locker room and especially Dak.

They are hoping that the offense runs over other teams and if not, then wholesale changes are coming next offseason. I know everyone thinks it is hyperbole to say that Jason is ever on the hot seat, but I don't think Stephen is as buddy buddy with Jason as his dad. I think this could all end with a brand new coaching arrangement (depending on the season results).

I don't think Stephen really cares if the team gets smoked in the upcoming season-I think he actually cares about tearing some stuff down and beginning again if it means more post-season success. What say you?
I'm afraid you might be right.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stephen has been running the show for years behind the scenes. He's no better than his dad. He's just far, far cheaper.

I think they have been splitting up duties for awhile. Jason was always Jerry's guy because of their previous relationship and has stayed on because of Jerry and Stephen's general deference to Jerry on calls like that. I am more meaning that Jerry's influence on everything is about to become null and void. Stephen for what it is worth seems to put quite a bit of trust into those that actually care about raw data and overall winning.

Once Jerry and Jason are out of the way-I wonder what the approach will be with finding and instituting a new coaching regime. That will really tell you about Stephen's ability-can he hire a big time head coach that exerts massive control on what happens with regards to other staff and player decisions? I will reserve judgement till then.

jujoboys

Reaction score
So now that Dez talked to Jerry, when is the Clapper's appointment?
I have a feeling that the "Clapper" will be meeting with Jerry in December if it becomes evident that we are going to miss the playoffs. Stephen has already made comments about injuries and suspensions not being an excuse for losing based on what the Eagles did this year.

elcowboi

Reaction score
I hope Stephen and the coaching staff know what their doing because right now I don't see a better team for 2018.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Stephen has been running the show for years behind the scenes. He's no better than his dad. He's just far, far cheaper.
The one thing I think he brings to the table that Jerry refuses to is Will McClay as his GM in waiting.......is Will the answer? I have no idea but it's worth a try........the one we've had going on three decades certainly isn't the one, as has been proven many times.