Target on Jason Garrett

Blitzen

Reaction score
So, did Mcclay meet with Dez and fire him today?
I must've missed it

Stop being an infant. You know I am referencing the fact that Stephen, Jerry, Jason, and Will (plus maybe one or two others) vote on big decisions like this one. Jerry wanted to let Dez know face to face because from all accounts has an almost father/son relationship with Dez (plus he still likes to be viewed as the head guy even if he rarely gets involved anymore). Stephen does not have all the power though it is slowly being ceded.

visionary

Reaction score
Stop being an infant. You know I am referencing the fact that Stephen, Jerry, Jason, and Will (plus maybe one or two others) vote on big decisions like this one. Jerry wanted to let Dez know face to face because from all accounts has an almost father/son relationship with Dez (plus he still likes to be viewed as the head guy even if he rarely gets involved anymore). Stephen does not have all the power though it is slowly being ceded.

That's utter garbage
I'm not being the infant, you are, if you don't understand that all decisions in this organization are made based on money and jerrys ego. McClay CANNOT hire or fire players and that is the job of the GM.
McClay advises them but the Joneses are the real GMs

Blitzen

Reaction score
That's utter garbage
I'm not being the infant, you are, if you don't understand that all decisions in this organization are made based on money and jerrys ego. McClay CANNOT hire or fire players and that is the job of the GM.
McClay advises them but the Joneses are the real GMs

Sorry, that would be false. His "ego" was outvoted when he wanted Manziel instead of Martin. He has testified as much in that nice ESPN report that was done post draft but before the 2014 season. Some major decisions are not flowing through him anymore. You can tell who is making the bulk of decisions on draft day now since that draft. I'm not saying I don't agree that MOST of the major decisions fit your narrative. But if you cannot tell that the decision tree has been dramatically altered just in the past 3-4 years I can't help you.