Tashard Choice

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just watched his post game interview with Brad and Babe.

Kid really got me fired up.

How lucky are we that we have drafted such good kids ..... good players and good people.

I am so excited about the future of this team.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
yeah this kid is definitely a breath of fresh air.

not saying that i don't like a lot of players on our team, but this guy continually talks about just loving to play the game.

he's excited about special teams b/c he knows he can contribute there, so he gives 110% to it.

he gives 110% to being a runningback when he gets the chance to play.

he said he tries to fire the team up like he did for Gtech, but he knows when to hold off b/c he's just a rookie and he knows his place.

truth be told i've been fired up about this guy since i first saw the clip of the now famous pre-game speech, and i love having him on this team.

we need more guys that share the same passion as Tashard Choice.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
An outstanding Choice to be sure. :D

Love this kid and hope we see a lot more of him this season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2449397 said:

How lucky are we that we have drafted such good kids ..... good players and good people.

I seen that also. Very impressive. Makes you want to root for him even more.

lizard_nl

Reaction score
You actually have to give Jerry a pat on the back for selecting another RB when Felix was already picked. Choice looked very good yesterday and as JJ has said - he kind of reminds you of one #22.

Eddie

Reaction score
Choice will be starting at RB for a few games ... maybe even into the playoffs if we make it.

We're going to need some RB help to back him up soon.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I didn't follow Gtech football, and I didn't know much about this kid when we drafted him. However, I love this kid. He fires me up when I hear him!!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Eddie;2449798 said:
Choice will be starting at RB for a few games ... maybe even into the playoffs if we make it.

We're going to need some RB help to back him up soon.

I like Choice a lot.

But him starting at RB for us is just not going to get it done against the teams we are looking at

newlander

Reaction score
He deserves more carries and will get them starting next week. Look, people can say what they want about MB3: I love the guy too, but he's dinged now and Choice will be needed. The kid has real good vision, runs hard, solid speed in the hole and breaks a tackle here and there. A keeper for sure.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The thing I love about him is how quick he is the hole and how quick he cuts to daylight. Of the 3 RBs he has the best vision by far. Felix has most speed and explosiveness. Barber has the most power and heart. The best overall stable of RBs I can ever remember here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
zrinkill;2449397 said:

Thats the trend BP started here when drafting.

Givincer

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2449810 said:
I like Choice a lot.

But him starting at RB for us is just not going to get it done against the teams we are looking at

Why?

The guy's averaged 5 yards a carry in his limited opportunities.

I don't see any reason he's not going to get it done just fine. It's not like our offense is centered around our running game in the least, regardless.

If he can catch, and if he can pass block as well as he blocked Peterson in the game yesterday consistently, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to get the job done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Givincer;2450099 said:
Why?

The guy's averaged 5 yards a carry in his limited opportunities.

I don't see any reason he's not going to get it done just fine. It's not like our offense is centered around our running game in the least, regardless.

If he can catch, and if he can pass block as well as he blocked Peterson in the game yesterday consistently, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to get the job done.

He can pass block but yesterday he did blow some pick up assignments.

He needs more playing time but we should've started giving him more carries along time ago.

Games like Pittsburgh and NYG you need Barber as much as possible.

In the 1st half of these games though Teshard needs more touches. 2nd half not so much.

I don't like how we have managed sharing the snaps all season. Especially in the 1st half of games.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Eskimo;2450052 said:
The thing I love about him is how quick he is the hole and how quick he cuts to daylight. Of the 3 RBs he has the best vision by far. Felix has most speed and explosiveness. Barber has the most power and heart. The best overall stable of RBs I can ever remember here.

It's not the same exactly, but it's looking like a Duane Thomas, Calvin Hill, Walt Garrison type backfield.

These three are playmakers, good young men and I hope we can keep them for many years to come.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This kid has some Emmitt break away speed.......:laugh2:

but on a serious not, I love his vision, his elusiveness in the hole, and his ability to change directions in the backfield and make some good yardage. He runs tough and hard.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I really like Choice and i was glad he was able to shine a little bit yesterday when he was given an oppurtunity to play.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm glad to have him. Seems like a humble and smart kid with a great attitude. I wish we had more players like him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Biggems;2450151 said:
This kid has some Emmitt break away speed.......:laugh2:

but on a serious not, I love his vision, his elusiveness in the hole, and his ability to change directions in the backfield and make some good yardage. He runs tough and hard.

He's faster than Emmitt but not that fast. I don't care how fast they are side by side but Felix turns the corner with such ease it appears he never slows down or even has to turn up field. I still haven't figured out how he's doing it.

Good for TC to get some touches and realize he can play in this league. Pittsburg is not the place to try out his blitz blocking. Leaving your feet is generally a no-no.