Video: Tavon's first workout as a Cowboy

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can see even in his highlights that he doesn’t carry the ball securely. That’s gotta be addressed. We went through it with Murray, and a bit with Dez last year, even. That alone is reason not to play the guy if it’s not cleaned up. I do like the move though.

Cool to see him interacting with Bease there.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I have to admit he is a pet cat. Watching his H.S. tapes he enjoyed every minute of it as he was a big fish in a small bowl. The next level he did great work ,but as the bowl became a pond every time he touched the ball was not a highlight reel. Now, he is the perfect toy. wildcat QB, situational back, Gadget or trick plays or short pass that could become YAC. I love this trade. He is in the ocean now but,has the talent if used correctly to make a defense very nervous.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could careless how he looks working out. I want to see him used in game, a real game. How often did we see dunbar kill it pre season only to watch him warm the bench all season. Even butler killed it in pre season and early part of the regular season but these coaches couldnt get him more involved.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coaching in regards to fumbles is tricky.

Some coaches don't want the player to think about fumbling because of how it can get in their heads.

Other coaches have them carry a ball everywhere, use the bands on the ball and have them run through players lined up on both sides trying to dislodge the ball.
Our backs and receivers would do the three man weave with a football in their hand three times a week. Great old school drill.

conner01

Reaction score
If he is used right he should keep defences from loading the box against Zek.
I think that’s the ticket
Use him to spread out the defense because if he and Zeke are in the backfield together and you split him out they have to put a cb on him
Might force teams to play nickle more

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think that’s the ticket
Use him to spread out the defense because if he and Zeke are in the backfield together and you split him out they have to put a cb on him
Might force teams to play nickle more
And I want to see Dak throw the deep passes to him. Teams need to know we will take the shots.

conner01

Reaction score
And I want to see Dak throw the deep passes to him. Teams need to know we will take the shots.
You can do that some but he’s short and that’s not his strength really
He’s fast and quick but he’s never been much of a deep threat I assume because of his size

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Practice and real games are two different things . Anyone remember the SKins fans last year thrilled with Pryor ? He and Commanders posted a lot of videos on twitter too making him look like a god. ALthough I think Austin has a chance be a pretty good WR with right scheme and coaching .

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I really think he was just drafted too high. With the particular skillset that he has the expectations of being the 8th pick were never going to be met. That doesn't mean he can't excel at what he specializes at.[/QUOTE
]
The Rams used him the right way, cant't wait to see how we are going to use him..
Different coaching style, hope we utilize and play to these guys strengths.
Get a new playbook..lol

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Looks like he has some good hands, but I was hoping to see him work on those ball tugging bands they use for RB's. 10 fumbles in 2 years is a concern.

Sometimes change of scenery fixes the hands. ;)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is a perfect example on how to work the roster. Getting Austin, a former 1st rounder, for a 6th is robbery.

That it is. I'm stoked that we got him for that kind of deal. If he works out well for us this season, I'd like to see us try and extend his contract for a few extra years. He looked great in the video. I like where this team's heading.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Practice and real games are two different things . Anyone remember the SKins fans last year thrilled with Pryor ? He and Commanders posted a lot of videos on twitter too making him look like a god. ALthough I think Austin has a chance be a pretty good WR with right scheme and coaching .

The skins fans were idiots, they got happy just because Pryor caught 100 balls in a row from the ball Michene.

Mr_437

Reaction score
In his career
10 in last two yrs
Yikes!!! Bro will be on th bench after bout 3. Tavon's fumble history makes my think him playing HB might not be a good idea. Overall, th main question is can these offensive coaches use this player properly? Good luck Tavon...you gonna need et.

Remember Dunbar n Lucky only had like (5) an (3) plays respectively...haha.