Taylor spit at Pittman

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Boysathelm said:
January 17th

It doesn't look like Taylor will be found guilty, though.

Thanks,
It would surprise me if he was found guilty , whether he is or isn't...

jimmy40

Reaction score
Zman5 said:
But we all loved Michael Ervin though right?

Roy Williams and Sean Taylor at safety? Are you kidding me?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
rathalarge said:
I liked Michael Irvin

I liked Irvin also...
Comparing the two of them is like apples and oranges...
I do not think Irvin ever shot at anyone .
I do not think Irvin ever spit on another player in the NFL...

I would not want Taylor here...

jimmy40

Reaction score
rathalarge said:
I liked Michael Irvin
I did too and he was a total embarisment to the Cowboys organization. He was the black cloud hanging over the '90s Cowboys championships but we overlooked that didn't we?

jimmy40

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I liked Irvin also...
Comparing the two of them is like apples and oranges...
I do not think Irvin ever shot at anyone .
I do not think Irvin ever spit on another player in the NFL...

I would not want Taylor here...
No Ervin was just a crack ho chasing coke head that showed up in court wearing a mink coat and sunglasses.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I did too and he was a total embarisment to the Cowboys organization. He was the black cloud hanging over the '90s Cowboys championships but we overlooked that didn't we?

Irvin did those things or was at least caught late in his career...
From reports I heard back then , fans in Texas were not too forgiving and and due to that fact we almost lost Irvin to the Dolphins...

Double

Reaction score
Lol.... its just that i cant stand the foreskins. If he was playing for another team, apart from his manners, i think he is a very good, tough safety. The way he recovers loose balls seems so effortless and hate to admit, his tackles are very punishing and he wraps up too. I would welcome him next to Roy with open arms. That secondary will never be tested, just the thought of those two back there will make any receiver keep away from the seocndary.

jimmy40 said:
I wish that thug was playing free safety for us.

Tobal

Reaction score
Irvin had/has drug problems but I'd never call him a thug or a punk. He's almost the opposite of Taylor.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
No Ervin was just a crack ho chasing coke head that showed up in court wearing a mink coat and sunglasses.

Irvin was heavy into drugs and partying....
So he was mostly hurting himself.
He was not shooting or spitting on other people....

I do not know about you but I much rather have a guy that I know do drugs than shoot at me , but thats just me....

Am I glad Irvin had a drug problem ..No....
Like I had already said .. Irvin was already deep in his career ..
Taylor is only in his second year... What else will be uncovered over the next 10 years?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Tobal said:
Irvin had/has drug problems but I'd never call him a thug or a punk. He's almost the opposite of Taylor.

I agree 100 percent...
He was always respectfull to the people around him...
Drug problems are a completlety different animal...

Fan21

Benched
Reaction score
Sean Taylor did not spit at Pittman. He clearly protested on the sideline after the flag. Also, he told Gibbs and Williams after the game that they were jawing back and forth, that is all. It looks to me that Taylor might puckered to Pittman at th worst. Also, Taylor wears a visor on his facemask. Anyone who has ever worn one of those knows how impossible it would be to spit through that.

On HDTV replay, there is NO sign of spit. Sean suffers from a reputation of being a rough player and the refs have a strong bias for him. Carey clearly saw Pittman punch Taylor and did nothing about that!

jimmy40

Reaction score
leonargized said:
Irvin did those things or was at least caught late in his career...
From reports I heard back then , fans in Texas were not too forgiving and and due to that fact we almost lost Irvin to the Dolphins...
have you seen any of the Ervin HOF threads? Nobody cares about the bad things Ervin did. Roy and Taylor at safety for the same team would be a sight to see.

jimmy40

Reaction score
leonargized said:
I agree 100 percent...
He was always respectfull to the people around him...
Drug problems are a completlety different animal...
OMG I've heard it all now.
So if Taylor says tomorrow he has a drug problem all will be forgiven?

Double

Reaction score
Fan21 said:
Sean Taylor did not spit at Pittman. He clearly protested on the sideline after the flag. Also, he told Gibbs and Williams after the game that they were jawing back and forth, that is all. It looks to me that Taylor might puckered to Pittman at th worst. Also, Taylor wears a visor on his facemask. Anyone who has ever worn one of those knows how impossible it would be to spit through that.

On HDTV replay, there is NO sign of spit. Sean suffers from a reputation of being a rough player and the refs have a strong bias for him. Carey clearly saw Pittman punch Taylor and did nothing about that!

The referee was standing right there and threw the flag after he saw the incident. You dont expect taylor to admit he spat on him. True, he has bad rep but he brought it on himself. Looks like he will be suspended one game. Hasselbeck is having dreams of throwing that ball all over the field.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
have you seen any of the Ervin HOF threads? Nobody cares about the bad things Ervin did. Roy and Taylor at safety for the same team would be a sight to see.

Yes I would agree to a point , but if No one cared he would be a hall of famer now ...Dont you think?

When Irvin first got busted he was treated harshly by fans in Texas.
Thats a fact..

Now over time he has been forgave by fans....

jimmy40

Reaction score
leonargized said:
Irvin was heavy into drugs and partying....
So he was mostly hurting himself.
He was not shooting or spitting on other people....

I do not know about you but I much rather have a guy that I know do drugs than shoot at me , but thats just me....

Am I glad Irvin had a drug problem ..No....
Like I had already said .. Irvin was already deep in his career ..
Taylor is only in his second year... What else will be uncovered over the next 10 years?
So Ervin was old enough to know better, right?
So you saw him shoot at someone? Tell me exactly what the circumstances were that day.