TE: OJ Howard available

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I was watching ESPN and Morten said Howard was available, supposedly Bruce got some calls but would have to be the right price.

I would be willing to trade a 2nd round for him.

No. We need our early picks for CB (BJones, ABrown both leaving in offseason), DT (MCollins/Woods also free agents), S.

Dre11

Reaction score
How would Howard sitting behind Witten, who can’t play at all be good for him?

Lol...witten can't play? ..lol
And who said he would be sitting, he would have Witten here helping him maximizing his potential. Go back to your hole. You're obviously brain dead

CWR

Reaction score
Based on his production, his pay should be relatively cheap. He's not close to playing at an elite level yet.

Its possible he signs somewhere for a reasonable contract. Im sure FOs will argue production while his agent argues he was a victim of a bad system. Im curious to know what the market would be to sign him.

CB61

Reaction score
I was watching ESPN and Morten said Howard was available, supposedly Bruce got some calls but would have to be the right price.

I would be willing to trade a 2nd round for him.
Who was the other tight end that Tampa had but a lot of people on here were interested in last year? I can't remember his name

CB61

Reaction score
Who was the other tight end that Tampa had but a lot of people on here were interested in last year? I can't remember his name
Cameron brate I believe was his name

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol...witten can't play? ..lol
And who said he would be sitting, he would have Witten here helping him maximizing his potential. Go back to your hole. You're obviously brain dead

You haven’t been watching the games have you? Lol.

Dre11

Reaction score
You haven’t been watching the games have you? Lol.

Oh I have been. You don't know what you're looking at...lol Wit has been balling , learning from a HOFer is huge for a youngster, ask Jarwin and Shultz.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with our TE position. Why would we ever send a 2nd for a TE that you have to resign in half a season and for what? A guy who hasn't really posted better numbers then what we already have? That 2nd round pick could be a replacement OL that is needed for one of the three injured starters we have next draft. He could be a Starting Safety or a run stuffing DT. It could be an edge rusher to replace Quinn. Or it could be the next career All Pro TE for the Cowboys.

I don't get this at all.......

Dre11

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with our TE position. Why would we ever send a 2nd for a TE that you have to resign in half a season and for what? A guy who hasn't really posted better numbers then what we already have? That 2nd round pick could be a replacement OL that is needed for one of the three injured starters we have next draft. He could be a Starting Safety or a run stuffing DT. It could be an edge rusher to replace Quinn. Or it could be the next career All Pro TE for the Cowboys.

I don't get this at all.......

Because he's an upgrade at your #2 TE, it's also likely they look for a TE in the draft. Witten can walk at anytime now. This gives you a young first round TE with huge potential.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This team ain’t giving up on Dalton Schultz.

*Fun Fact: Dalton Schultz’s dad, Charles Schultz, is the creator of Charlie Brown.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Because he's an upgrade at your #2 TE, it's also likely they look for a TE in the draft. Witten can walk at anytime now. This gives you a young first round TE with huge potential.

We need an upgrade over the players we'll lose in free agency with CB/DT and we need an upgrade at S too with Heath as a starter. Our early picks are needed for that.

Dre11

Reaction score
We need an upgrade over the players we'll lose in free agency with CB/DT and we need an upgrade at S too with Heath as a starter. Our early picks are needed for that.

We're going to need an upgrade at TE too. So if we can get one that has 1st round ability why not. Still have a 1 or 2 if we give up a 3, and if we give up a second , you have a 1 and 3. Draft is a crapshoot, so who knows if those picks pan out

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Witten will also be a free agent.......meaning we'll need a starting TE. Just me, but getting Howard for anything less than a 1st round is no brainer, especially now to learn a bit behind a future HOF.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You're not going to draft a better TE than Howard in the 2020 class. I would absolutely deal a 2nd for him.