TE: Schoonmaker & Washington

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was absolutely no excuse to not take Torrence .Especially when you face that Eagles defensive line twice a year.
I'm not convinced that Torrence is significantly better than Chandler Zavala and Anthony Bradford...

ESisback

Reaction score
Even if you want to say he was in the 70-80 prospect range…no excuse for taking him at 58. Not about Schoonmaker vs Washington, it’s about Schoonmaker vs the 15 or so prospects on the board better than him
Subjective. I’m tired of all this “value points” crap. Like a player, get him whenever. If people immersed in it for a living think he’ll help the team, why waste time crying because they didn’t make someone else’s choice?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Not a fan of the pick myself. Frankly after Mayer went off the board I would have moved on from looking at a TE.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Wasn’t aware of the medicals on Washington. Consecutive springs with foot issues and add in reference to a potential knee issue on a 6’8” athlete is concerning.
Like Schoon, but it was early for a guy that doesn’t get down field.
It’s hard to buy in to the BPA philosophy with what we’re seeing.
If they were hell bent on TE I would have taken a chance on Kraft.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Wasn’t aware of the medicals on Washington. Consecutive springs with foot issues and add in reference to a potential knee issue on a 6’8” athlete is concerning.
Like Schoon, but it was early for a guy that doesn’t get down field.
It’s hard to buy in to the BPA philosophy with what we’re seeing.
If they were hell bent on TE I would have taken a chance on Kraft.
Our draft so far is the exact opposite of BPA.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Can you show me where he was projected 4th-5th round? Struggling to find that. I see a 2nd-3rd projection.

I’m not loving this pick, but sure seems like I see a ton of posts from people I hardly see around here spouting stuff that doesn’t seem close to factual

tm1119

Reaction score
Subjective. I’m tired of all this “value points” crap. Like a player, get him whenever. If people immersed in it for a living think he’ll help the team, why waste time crying because they didn’t make someone else’s choice?
You’re right, how dare I as a fan question this extremely successful franchise. Bow down to Jerry and go cowboys!

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I think part of the angst your hearing against the Schoon pick is due to other players that were available at 58.