TE: Schoonmaker & Washington

cnuball21

Reaction score
No way you can defend this pick, was a full rd reach and isn't special. They will regret passing on all those players.
Gosh man so pissed…

We’re going to need a Bland like player in the 5th to save this draft lol.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys wanted to improve the run blocking. Remember Big Mike saying he wants to run the ball better? Well, this is how you do that. Very good TE who specializes in road grading blocking.
They could of drafted Mayer at 26 with better blocking and actually is a high end receiver for the position.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I don't know how Shoonmaker will turn out but it looks like this is typical - give Jerry 2nd round pick to gamble, so he stays out of rest if the draft picks

ESisback

Reaction score
You’re right, how dare I as a fan question this extremely successful franchise. Bow down to Jerry and go cowboys!
No malice, apologies! I don’t know you—I’m speaking to the posters who gripe nonstop. They have a problem no matter who Dallas picks. There’s one guy who has NEVER posted a positive thought!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would of even liked Hooker better!
Just goes to show us that the Cowboys wanted Kincaid at 26. The run on tight ends in second screwed them. They must not think much of Ferguson, Hendershot and Mckeon.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Just goes to show us that the Cowboys wanted Kincaid at 26. The run on tight ends in second screwed them. They must not think much of Ferguson, Hendershot and Mckeon.
I am not sure, think they wanted more of a balance TE. What I heard LaPorta was their top choice at the position. I still would of liked Mayer over Smith. Don't understand how they can pass Torrence at 58.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m almost done venting but still mad! There was much more value to be had but a reach instead. I was exaggerating that he would be there rounds later but it was still a reach. I just don’t get it yet :thumbdown:

Hoov

Reaction score
The Cowboys wanted to improve the run blocking. Remember Big Mike saying he wants to run the ball better? Well, this is how you do that. Very good TE who specializes in road grading blocking.
Yes. It looks like Big Mike thinks he needed to get one of a few TE available to do what he wants with implementing some changes to the offense.

I was hoping for a guard at 58.

Perhaps they can get one in the third that is a good fit ?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I am not sure, think they wanted more of a balance TE. What I heard LaPorta was their top choice at the position. I still would of liked Mayer over Smith. Don't understand how they can pass Torrence at 58.
They don’t think they need a guard. We about to find out with pick 90.

tm1119

Reaction score
Agree and disagree. I agree that they reached for Schoonmaker because he was the last TE available they felt fit a need

Disagree that it has to do with not liking Ferguson and Hendershot. With McCarthy taking over play calling and wanting to run the ball more they are most likely going to run more 12 personnel with 2 TE’s in-line blocking. Hendershot just isn’t that guy that will bring value to the run game…not that he can’t still contribute. And they rightfully shouldn’t think much of McKeon

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree and disagree. I agree that they reached for Schoonmaker because he was the last TE available they felt fit a need

Disagree that it has to do with not liking Ferguson and Hendershot. With McCarthy taking over play calling and wanting to run the ball more they are most likely going to run more 12 personnel with 2 TE’s in-line blocking. Hendershot just isn’t that guy that will bring value to the run game…not that he can’t still contribute. And they rightfully shouldn’t think much of McKeon
Let me rephrase it. They don’t hate the tight end room but they feel Schoonmaker completes the room. You put the 4 tight ends together, the group could be solid.

Croomraider

Reaction score
I would of even liked Hooker better!
I wanted Hooker also, only because, if Dak gets hurt and Hooker goes 5-1 then we can trade him for two first round picks to whomever. Pretty much the greatest move you can do in a draft. Not sure why Dallas never values backup QB, never ever.