Team tank. We’ve been defeated

Hardline

Reaction score
sorry busts happen all over the draft as does finding good to even elite players, rogers late first, brady 6th round, mahomes ad other 10-15 range , tj watt late first Donald mid first, we got lamb at what 17 etc etc i could go on all day..you dont need to be top 5 to get good player or there would only be one round..what ridiculous world do you live in that you ignore Busts in the top 5 on regular basis and only truly horrible teams typically pick that high on regulars basis, how is it most of the 32 teams stay loaded with talent found all over the draft..??

Clevelands perfect example they have been horrible for 15years and had 50 high first round picks some years 2 and a few 3 first rounders and still have not arrived at anything special. seriously..jets been bad for while , Jags one good year and truly bad the rest with many high draft [pics they somehow keep staying up there many many years

I realize its nice to have top draft picks especially with our needs on defense but its not necessary of you scout and choose the best payers..

im not arguing that having better draft picks is bad but its absolutely not necessary to build teams rosters with talent..

BTW our glaring needs are all on defense this year and truly no absolute locks in the top 10 for defense this year, so we are picking in a good spot for our needs and BPA..

also all those truly worried i see some finds this season that will only improve NeXT year like Hill will improve , Gallimore looks solid will improve, a 16 game season for Gregory, Wilson(s), Diggs, etc etc
So you basically agree with me.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I said earlier in the season that the Cowboys have just enough talent that even if a bad season, they'll win just enough games to ensure that they don't get a top 5 pick. But, still lose enough to not make the playoffs and be in position to get a decent pick in the first round. The number one pick this season was going to be between the Jets and Jaguars and if the idea was to "Tank for Lawrence" I don't see either of those teams passing up a chance to get Lawrence with their number one pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
@Rockport live it up buddy. I still hope we draft a QB and save 40 million of cap space.
This will make Jerry & screwed up FO so happy.. right in his wheelhouse. 7-9 to 9-7, competing for a playoff spot in the final regular season game. I have been posting about this narrative for years. Jerry and the quest for mediocrity. It's been the same story for the past 26 years.
Most fans have forgotten what it means to be actually good and try to win a couple playoff games. One generation of Cowboys fans lost I guess we are the on the brink of starting another run.
Wins are great no doubt, but best case scenario we make the playoffs and win a game like the 2010 Seahawks? I hope we draft a Wilson type in the third round..
This paying Dak 40 per year will get you nothing but pain. Look at Goff and Wentz, reality is staring this team in the mirror but the FO needs to wake up.
This is a common misconception. Dak isn't going to cost 40 million against the cap. Maybe towards the end of the contract but I doubt even then. Most fans just ignore that or don't know that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They did nothing to hurt their draft pick. These wins go a lot further than draft slots.
How DARE we instill winning philosophy into the kids. These guys are ballin like crazy out there and we're still moping about loss of phantom draft picks?

Good lord....:facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said earlier in the season that the Cowboys have just enough talent that even if a bad season, they'll win just enough games to ensure that they don't get a top 5 pick. But, still lose enough to not make the playoffs and be in position to get a decent pick in the first round. The number one pick this season was going to be between the Jets and Jaguars and if the idea was to "Tank for Lawrence" I don't see either of those teams passing up a chance to get Lawrence with their number one pick.
They can have 'im. We have options at QB. Let's get them help in the trenches.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is a common misconception. Dak isn't going to cost 40 million against the cap. Maybe towards the end of the contract but I doubt even then. Most fans just ignore that or don't know that.

Exactly. The first two seasons he would likely be more line in the 20’s as far as cap hit.

But people ignore how contracts actually work if it fits their agenda.

aria

Reaction score
You don't have the easiest schedule when you have the worst defense. Not just a bad defense but historically bad. As bad as those other teams were, the Cowboys were pretty much worse.

Our OT's were actually the backups to the backups. The same goes to the DT's. This team was 3-9. They were humiliated twice by Washington, once on Thanksgiving. The team that the Cowboys beat today beat them earlier in the season.

The O-line today....I'm not saying they dominated by any means but they held their own.

I'm not looking at a Super Bowl but even one playoff victory should exonnerate a team that started out decimated with injury.
We had the easiest schedule. Bash our O line all you want but Phillys O line has had plenty of injuries, led the league in sacks given up and that was prior to yesterday’s game. Philly’s O line is worse than ours.

Defense? Did you know Philthy’s secondary was 5 teams worse than us in yards given up by passing? Yup. As bad as our defense is, our secondary is middle of the pack against the pass and Philthy’s was worse.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We had the easiest schedule. Bash our O line all you want but Phillys O line has had plenty of injuries, led the league in sacks given up and that was prior to yesterday’s game. Philly’s O line is worse than ours.

Defense? Did you know Philthy’s secondary was 5 teams worse than us in yards given up by passing? Yup. As bad as our defense is, our secondary is middle of the pack against the pass and Philthy’s was worse.
What about the run game?

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 3 straight and have destroyed their draft pick..

Might as well hope for the best at this point. Dalton dimes was just too good to not get similar results to what we were getting before for us to ever just fall off.

Hopefully we beat NYG next week and somehow the Eagles decide to show up against Washington..

I don’t see this team doing anything in the post season.. I think we hurt our future teams quite a bit by not having that pic.

But what’s done is done..

The worst possible outcome is to have won 4 games in a row and lose our premium pick and not make the playoffs.

Let’s hurt that draft pick with a playoff berth so it doesn’t hurt so bad to trade the low first rounder off for Stafford

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I was in the tank for a good pick group a few weeks ago, but I now think establishing a winning culture is much more important.

Beaker42

Reaction score
So......getting a high draft pick was the goal and a division title and a playoff berth is the consolation prize?

Call it absurd but the Cowboys didn't just win three in a row...they steadily improved and are now peaking at precisely the right time.
Yeah, just the right time to miss the playoffs by playing so poorly early on and by winning now screwing up a decent draft slot. Brilliant!!!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The Cowboys have won 3 straight and have destroyed their draft pick..

Might as well hope for the best at this point. Dalton dimes was just too good to not get similar results to what we were getting before for us to ever just fall off.

Hopefully we beat NYG next week and somehow the Eagles decide to show up against Washington..

I don’t see this team doing anything in the post season.. I think we hurt our future teams quite a bit by not having that pic.

But what’s done is done..

The worst possible outcome is to have won 4 games in a row and lose our premium pick and not make the playoffs.
Are you saying Team Tank is tanking on tanking the season?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why isn't 3 FG awesome when the outcome results on which team wins the division?
Dak is great man.... pay the man NOW!!!
50 million simply isn't enough for such a supporter of FG kickers!!!
You still have to get in position to kick those field goals

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
tampa will beat dallas by 40.

I still want to win the division and hate that so much time is spent obsessing over the draft.
They might beat us but we will put up points if we are lucky enough for this game to happen.