Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
1. We did not make a phone call. However we are to believe building a roster is 365 days a year and we leave no stones unturned.

2. We assumed we could not afford him.

3. Jethro is the GM

4. Jerry is the Owner

5. We really wanted a high ceiling, rock bottom expensive emergency QB instead.

6. Jerry thought Zeke was the solution.

7. It is a passing League.

8. Did I mention Jerry.
Bingo...
Give that man a CIGAR !

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
It's very simple. Jerry told us why the day after the Green Bay loss when he didn't even blink at it. And all offseason he told us in Jerry fashion that he simply does not care about winning this year. Maybe not ever again. He signed Zeke as a personal favor. Winning is not a priority.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes. We should ask every Sunday night moving forward and again mid week. We will also be asking during the playoffs when we aren't playing.
Well you should be asking much more pressing issues like where the hell is all your money at? Why is Zack Martin sucking? Why did you trade a 4th for Lance to suck on the bench? Why is Dak sucking? Why is Lamb sucking? Why is Zeke getting more snaps than Dowdle? Why is Dowdle your best back? Why is Dalvin Cook on practice squad? Why is Diggs soft? Why ar you limiting Overshown's snaps? Why did you hire Zimmer? Why did you not draft a running back? Why is your 2nd round pick in Schoonamker not getting reps? Why does Steele suck?

Signing Henry wouldn't have fixed this. You guys keep asking this same Henry question and it keeps getting answers and you keep asking it. Meanwhile, your starting left tackle sucks. I guess Henry was going to block for himself? You guys have been dupe into thinking that Derrick Henry who had the option of going to the Ravens and who was linked to the Ravens last year was going to pass them up for the Cowboys. And for what? Because he lives down here? IF he would've chose Dallas over the Ravens I wouldn't even want him because that tells me he's not thinking about winning. I'd say the same thing about Kendricks if he didn't come here to play with Zim.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's very simple. Jerry told us why the day after the Green Bay loss when he didn't even blink at it. And all offseason he told us in Jerry fashion that he simply does not care about winning this year. Maybe not ever again. He signed Zeke as a personal favor. Winning is not a priority.
I mean I don't get it. These guys keep asking the same questions and Jerry is showing us with his actions what he cares about lol. I just don't get it.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Well you should be asking much more pressing issues like where the hell is all your money at? Why is Zack Martin sucking? Why did you trade a 4th for Lance to suck on the bench? Why is Dak sucking? Why is Lamb sucking? Why is Zeke getting more snaps than Dowdle? Why is Dowdle your best back? Why is Dalvin Cook on practice squad? Why is Diggs soft? Why ar you limiting Overshown's snaps? Why did you hire Zimmer? Why did you not draft a running back? Why is your 2nd round pick in Schoonamker not getting reps? Why does Steele suck?

Signing Henry wouldn't have fixed this. You guys keep asking this same Henry question and it keeps getting answers and you keep asking it. Meanwhile, your starting left tackle sucks. I guess Henry was going to block for himself? You guys have been dupe into thinking that Derrick Henry who had the option of going to the Ravens and who was linked to the Ravens last year was going to pass them up for the Cowboys. And for what? Because he lives down here? IF he would've chose Dallas over the Ravens I wouldn't even want him because that tells me he's not thinking about winning. I'd say the same thing about Kendricks if he didn't come here to play with Zim.
and there is one person responsible for it all
Jethro 'Big Enos' Jones

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There is a psychological impact in being the person who both makes all the monetary decisions AND has to pay the salaries out of his own pocket. It affects how you view things, limits gambles you’ll take with your own money like free agents you’ve never met before. You’d prefer to pay home grown guys that you’ve known for years.

A typical GM would come up with extremely risky scenarios like trading way up in the first round or trading for another team’s disgruntled superstar. They’d then create a speech where they’d go into the owners office and try and convince him why it’s worth it. Instead, Jerry is the GM and the owner, only have 1 perspective on everything so he shoots the idea down right then and there. The older he gets, the closer he’s clutching his wallet to his chest.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There is a psychological impact in being the person who both makes all the monetary decisions AND has to pay the salaries out of his own pocket. It affects how you view things, limits gambles you’ll take with your own money like free agents you’ve never met before. You’d prefer to pay home grown guys that you’ve known for years.

A typical GM would come up with extremely risky scenarios like trading way up in the first round or trading for another team’s disgruntled superstar. They’d then create a speech where they’d go into the owners office and try and convince him why it’s worth it. Instead, Jerry is the GM and the owner, only have 1 perspective on everything so he shoots the idea down right then and there. The older he gets, the closer he’s clutching his wallet to his chest.
which is really stupid as the millions he would be spending is chump change to the billions he is worth

garyo1954

Reaction score
Blogging the boys has a very good article on the Booger hustle. Enjoy! Really good read that explains a lot

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and there is one person responsible for it all
Jethro 'Big Enos' Jones
Oh of course. WE can blame Romo, Ware, Dak, Witten, Zeke or whoever....but at the end of the day it's been 28 years and none of those guys were here 28 years ago. But Stephen and his dad were. And committing the same mistakes they made 28 years ago.

75boyz

Reaction score
Bob did the research and made a post showing the amount the Ravens pay Henry this year is less than what the Cowboys are paying Trey Lance.
The same Trey Lance who has yet to take an active game day snap.
Un freakin' real.

Not having the cap money lies are the worst.
And when they're used as reasons that the Cowboys don't sign FAs and then so easily disproven it really really makes the FO look even worse.

smdh
Sad times I tell ya.

slick325

Reaction score
The Jones boys were not seriously trying to improve the team this offseason. At all.

They absolutely could have afforded Derrick Henry. They could have improved the roster AND re-signed two players they had every intention of re-signing in the 1st place.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:

This can't be real...

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
Because it was not Jerry's intention to try and compete this season. Regardless of whatever Jerry said or says, his actions the entire off-season showed we were not in it to win it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I dunno, do we really have room for a fast powerful RB that can score from anywhere on the field and just averaged over 11 yards a carry against one of the NFL's best defenses?

I mean, think about it....who could we cut to squeeze him in?
TB is one of the NFLs worst defenses.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry just wants people to ask him questions lol (as long as they are nice easy ones lol)

The media should stop interviewing him after games, it would kill him!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

This can't be real...

What we were thinking was that he didn’t have much left in the tank at 30 years old. We were wrong and probably a lot of teams that could have signed him were wrong. I’ll be honest I didn’t think he had as much left as he’s shown. He doesn’t look like he’s even lost a step. He looks no different than he did 5 years ago. He’s a freak! I’m sure the Ravens not giving him the entire load is helping to keep him fresh. As great as he’s looked, I doubt he would’ve looked as good behind our OL which has struggled.

Chasing6

Reaction score

We know why. Jerry is our GM.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:Because Jerry and Stephen don't violate their budget. I mean, Henry's only got almost twice as many yards as the Cowboys whole team, 4x as many TDs, and averaging double their YPC. The difference isn't enormous or anything.