Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

stinkface

Reaction score
Well he would have needed to call us.

We don't make those type calls. Players need to show us they are interested, at the right price.

As it was we only had "so much pie to go around." Don't worry though, we are "saving Zeke."
I think he did mention he would like to play here and he has a home in Dallas. The hints were there and obvious. However it takes two to Tango and Jerry made no effort to do a deal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think he did mention he would like to play here and he has a home in Dallas. The hints were there and obvious. However it takes two to Tango and Jerry made no effort to do a deal.
I'm pretty sure his agent reached out to Jerry but ........
To be honest, it's my understanding that, as crazy as it now seems, not many teams were interested in signing him. The Ravens are the only ones I heard about.

Reactions: CWR

Saltycowboy

Reaction score
My issue is the fact we didn’t even reach out and speak with him or for that matter Barkley who is also having a great year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Henry most likely already has more yards after 6 games than anyone RB will have after 17 games for the Cowboys.
Because RBs are irrelevant when you have a superior OL.
Jerry thought because he invested a little draft capital in two OL rooks that we would have such a dominant OL for any RBs sitting on the couch.
Not trying to be harsh here folks but just stating that this is Jerry World, and this is where we are at as fans following this team.
I will never forget the star, been loyal my entire existence since birth, but that star is fading, and I hate it.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Are you guys going to ask this every single time he goes off for 200 yards? We didn't sign him because our front office isn't very good and they waited too late to pay Dak and Lamb. We settled for Zeke.
Yes absolutely I am going to go on a full-blown tirade every time this guy has a great game.

Because there's nothing I would like more than him doing it for our team we'd be undefeated at this point.

A power running game would keep our defense off the field give Dak all the help he needed and just be a hell of a lot of fun to watch him run over people.

It would change us from the soft kitty cat team that we are to a physical team that could be respected and possibly go deep in the playoffs.

Oops and I forgot to mention power running helps make up for lousy coaching might makes right even if the Coach sucks and you can run for 5 yards every time you try it even when people know you're going to do it it covers a multitude of sins.

So yes nothing really pisses me off anymore this season and last season for that matter we should have got him Derrick Henry would change our whole team for the better.

And Jerry is a gaping glass bowl for not making it happen

Blackrain

Reaction score
Is everyone going to cry about Henry the entire season. We get it, Jerry sucks and he messed up.
Most definitely we're going to beat the drum constantly because we've been lied to Jerry not only sucks and messed up he's an ****** liar.

We're going all in all into what the dumpster that's where we're going.

Sorry I hate seeing the answer to our problems out there easy for us to get a guy who wants to play on our team and Jerry too stubborn stupid to get him all while lying to us.

It's the difference between watching this horrible product that were forced to view as cowboy fans or actually being able to watch some good football where we could impose our will on teams

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I see Aaron Jones catching passes out of the backfield as well as north south running tough yards plus the fact that he destroyed Dallas every time GB played the Cowboys . He would have been my target .
Just shows you why having a legit RB is such a vital cog.
An affordable commodity that can cover up a lot of OL issues.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Exactly. Greedy doe eyed Dak was looking out for the “Brotherhood” instead of taking a cap friendly deal early in the off season so even the Dumb Jones could have pulled it off.
It has nothing to do with not having the money, and everything to do with having to pay for 2 RBs ($6mm Zeke dead money and $6mm for Henry) and to prove he chose the right running back from the 2016 draft (he was obviously wrong). Having the money to pay Henry is not an issue...just look at the $24mm we have currently and the ability to restructure for more.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because Jerry knew he was going to go out and get Zeke! Who according to Jerry is basically the same player.... the football guy...

Cmac

Reaction score
Sign?.....I'm still confused that a phone call wasn't even attempted or a knock on the door.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ignoring a glaring weakness on purpose is what drives fans to insanity.
Why did you do this to us Jerry... lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
Ignoring a glaring weakness on purpose is what drives fans to insanity.
Why did you do this to us Jerry... lol
Agreed consistently ignoring the most glaring of weaknesses just gives fans no hope at all.

When everyone not living in a third world country is in agreement that we need a power running game to help our quarterback and keep our defense off the field how can our owner and GM not make it a priority

Especially when the answer to our problems is right out there wants to play for our team and is very affordable.

Yes when you force fans to watch a horribly inferior product that could be so easily improved it frustrates them to no end

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed consistently ignoring the most glaring of weaknesses just gives fans no hope at all.

When everyone not living in a third world country is in agreement that we need a power running game to help our quarterback and keep our defense off the field how can our owner and GM not make it a priority

Especially when the answer to our problems is right out there wants to play for our team and is very affordable.

Yes when you force fans to watch a horribly inferior product that could be so easily improved it frustrates them to no end
One simple move and obtaining Henry would have the Cowboys in serious contention.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
This past offseason was one of the worst on record for Jerry and company. Terrible.

I don’t think Henry would be having the same success here, though. The offensive line is trash and MM has never been good at scheming a running game.

Would our running game be better? Probably. But the team as a whole has too many weaknesses for it to have made a major difference. Just MHO.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This past offseason was one of the worst on record for Jerry and company. Terrible.

I don’t think Henry would be having the same success here, though. The offensive line is trash and MM has never been good at scheming a running game.

Would our running game be better? Probably. But the team as a whole has too many weaknesses for it to have made a major difference. Just MHO.
Guess we will never know.