Tell me why you’d pay Dak?

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
The simple fact is an NFL QB should trend up from their rookie season. Not get worse every year. He hasn't developed at all since his rookie season and hasn't added one attribute or ability that he didn't have in college. Nice guy, good dude, but not a starting NFL QB. The worst part is he is a million times better than the backups we have!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So my question is why are we going to pay this guy 100 million dollars ?

So far, I wouldn't do it. He's got the rest of this season to change my mind. Frankly, I hope he does it because otherwise we're starting over again.

But I'm not optimistic that he's going to convince me.

visionary

Reaction score
This is exactly why it was such a stupid idea for fans to suggest giving up a rd 1 pick for Earl Thomas

If Dak does not work out that will be a high pick and we will need it to pick a QB

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I doubt you'd find a single fan out there right now willing to extend Dak long-term........not hard to see. Clickbait?????
Not at this point. Two things.
One, just about everyone wanted to see Prescott improve and prove himself this season.
Two, the season isn't over from one loss.

Everyone take a breath.

Manster68

Reaction score
Folks,

In Sunday's game, we all saw the play where Jarwin was down the seam all alone. Dak was breaking away towards the line of scrimmage. He makes a split second decision and throws the ball to Jarwin. The decision wasn't a bad one. What was bad was the throw.

If this was Prescott's rookie season, in his inaugural game, I could understand this being a rookie mistake.

However, when you are STARTING YOUR 3RD SEASON WITH A COUPLE OF FULL OFF SEASONS TO WORK ON MECHANICS - THIS IS A HUGE RED FLAG!

It wasn't just this play. There were receivers open on a number of occasions and when he found them, most of the time the pass was off one way or another.

Sorry folks, I saw a lot more Quincy Carter on Sunday than Tony Romo.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What, a cover 4 man? The linebackers are showing blitz, but they still have to account for the TE and RB. It is the WRs job to beat man coverage, not Dak's.

...and when our receivers beat them, Dak missed them or didn't go through his progressions well.

Now what?

cern

Reaction score
Not at this point. Two things.
One, just about everyone wanted to see Prescott improve and prove himself this season.
Two, the season isn't over from one loss.

Everyone take a breath.
Just as long as I don't have to hold it.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
OP seems confused. At this moment, we would never pay him $100M. This is how any contract works, especially a rookie contract. We have plenty of more time to assess and make a decision.

If he plays like he has the last 9+ games the remainder of the season, we may even look for another option for 2019, let alone think about extending him at franchise QB money.

If he reverts to 2016 performance levels, we have a good problem on our hands and will have another year to assess. I'm not seeing the issue as far as contracts go. Now if you want to talk about an issue of winning games during the assessment period, that's another story.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
...and when our receivers beat them, Dak missed them or didn't go through his progressions well.

Now what?

If Dak misses them, then we have a problem. But on the play that is highlighted in the photo, did the receivers beat the man coverage?

Yes, Dak had two very bad misses. One to the TE where he was ridiculously wide open, and another to Beasley. There were several other poor throws. But, looking at the game tape, aside from Beasley, the WRs could not beat man, zone or any other kind of coverage.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Dak misses them, then we have a problem. But on the play that is highlighted in the photo, did the receivers beat the man coverage?

Yes, Dak had two very bad misses. One to the TE where he was ridiculously wide open, and another to Beasley. There were several other poor throws. But, looking at the game tape, aside from Beasley, the WRs could not beat man, zone or any other kind of coverage.

This isn't even bringing up the wide open players he didn't even see because he was panicking yesterday with little to no pressure. Dude is just not a good player. I don't know what else you need to see to come out and admit this.

exciter

Reaction score
He can’t throw guys open.

He can’t accurately throw Down field.

He doesn’t make WR’s and TE’s better around
him.

He holds on to the ball too long.

If things aren’t going perfect for him he looks like a deer in headlights.

We have all admitted he is not good when Zeke isn’t dominating.

So qbs automatically get 100m contracts now!

Big_D

Reaction score
There’s absolutely no way he should get a new deal. None at all.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
This isn't even bringing up the wide open players he didn't even see because he was panicking yesterday with little to no pressure. Dude is just not a good player. I don't know what else you need to see to come out and admit this.

I am worried about him. My point is that when speaking of offensive struggles, the blame goes far beyond just Dak. And I am not so sure there were so many wide open receivers. Yes, the dude looked panicked, but I am not going to pin this debacle on him alone.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He can’t throw guys open.

He can’t accurately throw Down field.

He doesn’t make WR’s and TE’s better around
him.

He holds on to the ball too long.

If things aren’t going perfect for him he looks like a deer in headlights.

We have all admitted he is not good when Zeke isn’t dominating.

We won a Superbowl?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eazy answer but one of two conditions must be met.

Condition 1: The front office either trades for an established veteran who has started games elsewhere or projects drafting a high potential can't miss prospect in the draft before offering Prescott an extension.

Condition 2: Condition 1 is not viable from the front office's perspective.

If condition 1 is true, Prescott likely exits via free agency. If condition 2 is true, Prescott gets paid.

Economics.

jnday

Reaction score
Save the money and hoard draft picks because the Cowboys needs to draft the top QB in the next draft.