Ten Reasons Eagles will Trend Down

ShiningStar

Reaction score
how do we make ourselves feel better, putting everyone else down!!!!

yea go team. because they have to suck for you to win.

T-RO

Reaction score
... the field.

If your referencing the NFC landscape or the likely AFC champ we might face...quite worthy of discussion. I’m sure before training camp someone here will start a thread about top NFC threats.

Sydla

Reaction score
Check out the Warriors and their team chemistry. It’s reported to be crazy dark. As egos get big...they collide. Remember Jimmy and Jerry after 2 titles?

The Warriors have dominated the NBA for four seasons.

T-RO

Reaction score
The Warriors have dominated the NBA for four seasons.

Well played. But for every championship team that overcomes ego and laxness...there are ten that don’t.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s any doubt the Eagles will take a step back this year. In fact, I think it’s inevitable. There are very few repeat Super Bowl winners. Egos, players get a little older, the hunger to win drops a bit, cap issues emerge, etc. Throw in Wentz’s injury and the added “problem child” Bennett and who knows. How much they fall back is the question. Frankly, I think the Cowboys have as talented roster as Philly. It’s just unproven talent. Will all of the young players (or most of them anyway) reach what we think is their potential? No one knows at this point. We are an ascending team though.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
we are so bad we have to talk about how bad OTHER teams can be. They won a SB, we re sitting in mediocrity, yeah lets talk bad about another team thats WON something. LOL.
Same division so we should hope they do bad.

T-RO

Reaction score
10 reasons....let me bottom line it.....1

:starspin:COWBOYS:starspin:

Truth. Bro.

And there is yet another reason not yet discussed: All 16 teams on the Eagles schedule will be amped up and gunning when playing against them. I’ve come across multiple former players who’ve battled to repeat discuss how that’s one reason it gets so tough.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I don't know what the *** iggles are going to do this year ... they could go either 19-0 or 0-16 and my response to them and about them is the same . . . they suck, their city sux, their coaches suck (except Peder son), and their fans suck the most. F 'em !

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am no longer a fan of the Cowboys but I do occasionally come back over here to check it out...and wow.
What misery to be under Jerry's thumb. So glad I'm there no longer.

OP is a troll

Lutonio

Reaction score
We should never talk about our competitors here. Got it. :rolleyes:

Especially during the slowest point if the off season.

The biggest stories during these months always feel like
BREAKING NEWS: Tom Brady has lasagna for lunch.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Truth. Bro.

And there is yet another reason not yet discussed: All 16 teams on the Eagles schedule will be amped up and gunning when playing against them. I’ve come across multiple former players who’ve battled to repeat discuss how that’s one reason it gets so tough.
heavy is the head that wears the crown.

T-RO

Reaction score
I hate to see threads get moved to the minor leagues.

C42

Reaction score
Lot’s of hopeful predictions rather than facts.

Won’t address them all atm, but one thing is for sure that the salary cap is nothing to be worried about with Howie Roseman.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as Wentz not being as mobile, that'll will most likely be the case, but could end up being a positive for the Eagles. Dallas with Romo performed best when he stayed in the pocket and only used mobility to escape a rush.

And their locker room chemistry will only be an issue if they're losing - winning begats good chemistry, losing begats selfishness and bad chemistry.
Wentz' mobility and uncanny ability to slip out of a sack is a huge strength of is............or WAS. It should not be discounted. He will never be the same. That's certainly doesn't mean he is going to suck though.

JustChip

Reaction score
Wentz' mobility and uncanny ability to slip out of a sack is a huge strength of is............or WAS. It should not be discounted. He will never be the same. That's certainly doesn't mean he is going to suck though.

It is, but there's a difference between mobility to buy time to find the open receiver and mobility to escape and run. It's the later that will surely be curtailed. Now, whether he is or can develop into a pure pocket passer remains to be seen, just as with Dak.

Digressing a bit, this subject took me back to Joe Namath in his final season when he was playing for the LA Rams. They were inside the opponents 5 and Joe dropped back to pass, was pressured and "took off" towards the goal line. He looked like Forrest Gump with his polio braces. He scored, but I think only because at about the 2 a defender was zeroed in on him when Joe put up his hand up like "please don't hit me". It was funny and sad at the same time.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t want to over-state or mis-characterize your argument. I’m just speaking generally to the way people over-rate Foles right now.
It doesn't really matter. He's Superbowl MVP. Same as Eli. They stepped up. They have the rings. Doesn't matter if they are mediocre the rest of the time. Only thing that matters is that we win one.