Signed by Cowboys Terence Steele contract extended

Patrick

Reaction score
Love Steele, seems like a little too much but when you get a talented player on the O-Line you have to find a way to keep them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like that they extended him, not sure about the price. But hey, not my money, nor can I do anything about it. But he is a solid player and getting better. Sets the OL for awhile. Depending on Biadasz next and how he does this season.
I never get caught up in the salary cap stuff. It always has a way to work itself out. They project this stuff out for years and any ramifications.

quickccc

Reaction score
I could see this one going badly like Jaylon Smith. In this case you have to lock up good linemen. Steele has shown improvement every year.
I don't see the comparison between Steele vs Jaylon.

- Steele's knee injury and recovery does not come close to Jaylon's knee injury, which was complicated by a far more serious and concerning nerve damage. Nerve damage that clearly affected his change of direction.
Plus Jaylon was a LB, who has to cover RBs and TEs, has to depend upon instincts, reads, and tackling in open field.

- Steele was on his way to being an elite RT, a pro bowl OT in '22.. He had pro bowl credentials in only
allowing one sack (to Lions' Hutchison) before his season ending ACL injury.

- Young, athletic and lengthy long arms, he supposedly has such a killer workaholic mental and fire that
really wows the Cowboys organization, and coupled with his apparent impressive recovery, the Cowboys
were really committed to re-signing him long term. No questions asked.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I could see this one going badly like Jaylon Smith. In this case you have to lock up good linemen. Steele has shown improvement every year.
We seeing that OP'd - work on further contracts now?

tm1119

Reaction score
Devil's in the details.
I bet this is a contract that is restructure friendly.
It’s the Cowboys and it’s a 5 year deal…Steele will be restructured a minimum of 3 times. But on the flip side, that always makes the 4th and 5th year potentially scary. Need Steele to be 100% healthy and continue to improve.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The AAV $ looks too high for what Steele has produced so far. The five years is key.

Does anyone know how the tender works for extensions. Is he under contract for six years with us, or does this extension replace his one-year deal?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Glad Terence Steele got extended. It's a hefty price, but he's been one of the best run blocking Tackles in the NFL the past 2 seasons. My only concern is his damaged knee. Will it hold up since he tore not 1 but 2 ligaments in that same knee last year?

*keeping fingers crossed, especially since our backup Right Tackle is injury prone, inexperienced and currently on short-term IR due to another injury suffered this preseason*