Signed by Cowboys Terence Steele contract extended

CCBoy

Reaction score
Ouch.

That is too much money for an average to just above average PASS BLOCKING RT.

People run on and on about his run blocking but its noticeable none of them want to talk about THAT.
That easily becomes even better as the O-line coach improves the whole group.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He's a right tackle now. He is similar to what Eric Williams post-accident was at.
NOT EVEN CLOSE TO Erik WIlliams. Even after the accident Erik was much better. Erik was the best RT I ever saw play pre accident and was still a very good to excellent one after. But the drop off was so much it seemed he was worse then one might think.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's debatable
Only to someone who is already filled with himself and not fully honest of a complete picture. He posts outside and positive posts that do have merit on a discussion board. You too lazy to state unbiased what you agree with or don't beyond personality?

Bluefin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the tender works for extensions. Is he under contract for six years with us, or does this extension replace his one-year deal?
It should be 6 years total.

Terence Steele was already under contract for 2023 on the RFA tender and the new deal is adding a 5 year extension to it.

If Dallas restructures the deal in 2024 and '25, Steele won't have a big cap number until 2026 at the earliest

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Wow, that number is a bit shocking but he is a talented young player.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
It should be 6 years total.

Terence Steele was already under contract for 2023 on the RFA tender and the new deal is adding a 5 year extension to it.

If Dallas restructures the deal in 2024 and '25, Steele won't have a big cap number until 2026 at the earliest
The five years start next year, so 2024-28. However, I think the SB starts getting prorated starting this year (2023-28) but am not sure about that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So with him getting this much....I wonder what is his ceiling? Do they think he could potentially be a left tackle at some point?
I don't have a clue what his ceiling is...never was asked to visit his residence...He is a strong element of the team's offense is. The offensive line is presently the in focus element. When the unit fails in the future, that becomes more of a point for more focus than right now.

Valid discussion material...so I don't think he is a preferred candidate now at left tackle. Too much proven talent and developing talent as well.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Better now than later, cheaper now than later.

With Smith and Steele on board, if Bass and Richards pan out, we might be set for years at OL, me like it.
This fan is already at his Thanksgiving Meal as I'm gobbling this up and chuckling at Philadelphia now.